[Stable Update] 2021-09-04 - Kernels, Wine, Deepin, KDE Gear, Maui-Kit, Plasma

After the update Steam broke completely, displaying only a black screen in place of WebView elements such as the store & library panels. The issue is caused by an update to freetype2.
Opting in to the Steam client beta seems to have fixed the issue on my end, however, downgrading freetype2 to version 2.10.4 is also a possible solution. (See post below)

5 Likes
6 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: How how should I interpret these KDE5 warnings

A post was split to a new topic: KDE connect Doesn’t work since last update

5 posts were split to a new topic: How to opt into the steam Client Beta

A post was merged into an existing topic: How how should I interpret these KDE5 warnings

This bug (outdated udev rules that disables important features from nvidia cards: audio over hdmi, USB xHCI Host Controller and USB Type-C UCSI devices) is still present (or at least my file /etc/udev/rules.d/90-mhwd-prime-powermanagement.rules has not been updated).
If this is supposed to work only on new installations (but i think that the two usb devices are still not enabled in the last mhwd-db version) then we probably need to add an entry on the “Known issues and solutions” wiki that explain which lines comment/delete from /etc/udev/rules.d/90-mhwd-prime-powermanagement.rules, otherwise everyone who hasn’t a fresh installation from the new iso will keep this bug forever (or add a script in a new update that patches the current installations)

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Kvantum themes will set but change slightly after closing Kvantum manager

Last stable update (2021-08-27) broke xbacklight, as I noted in that update’s topic. This update did not fix it.

This pertains to a Lenovo ThinkPad running Manjaro KDE under 5.13.13-1 and now 5.14.0-0. By “broke”, I mean that I am no longer able to adjust the backlight using e.g. xbacklight -dec 5 , whether executed as root or an unprivileged user. However, writing directly to the appropriate interface in /sys/class/backlight/ seems to work, even when unprivileged (the latter being due to the udev rule that I use).

For now my hacky workaround is to add a function to my .bashrc that does the write for me:

# Interim replacement for xbacklight
bklt() { echo "$1" > /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness ; }

Edit: Formatting

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: How should I opt into the steam Client Beta?

This update broke icon handling in obmenu-generator.

obmenu-generator -i
Can't locate object method "init" via package "Gtk3" at /bin/obmenu-generator line 386.
sub get_icon_path {
    my ($name) = @_;

state $gtk = do {

require Digest::MD5;

($CONFIG{gtk_version} == 3)
          ? do {
            eval "use Gtk3";
            'Gtk3'->init;
            'Gtk3';
          }
          : do {
            require Gtk2;
            'Gtk2'->init;
            'Gtk2';
          };
    };

Edit:
https://github.com/trizen/obmenu-generator/issues/41

Seems it’s now using gtk3 by default. Installing ‘perl-gtk3’ fixes it.

1 Like

Not sure what information is needed to add, please let me know.
While trying to run a VM with Display Spice set to “Virtio” with “3d acceleration” enabled, I am getting below error:

Error starting domain: internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2021-09-05T11:29:39.328865Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device virtio-vga-gl,id=video0,max_outputs=1,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x1: opengl is not available

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 65, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 101, in tmpcb
    callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/libvirtobject.py", line 57, in newfn
    ret = fn(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/object/domain.py", line 1329, in startup
    self._backend.create()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1353, in create
    raise libvirtError('virDomainCreate() failed')
libvirt.libvirtError: internal error: qemu unexpectedly closed the monitor: 2021-09-05T11:29:39.328865Z qemu-system-x86_64: -device virtio-vga-gl,id=video0,max_outputs=1,bus=pcie.0,addr=0x1: opengl is not available

Workaround: I am using QXL or disable 3d acceleration in virtio and works fine.

Edit: Steam also opens but displays a black window, both in the main but in the promotions also. This is reported elsewhere to such as reddit. Looks like something is wrong with OpenGL

A post was split to a new topic: KMail and KOrganiser issue after last update

qemu 6.1 with machine type pc-q35-6.1 breaks my mac os vm, hang at boot.
qemu 6.1 with machine type pc-q35-6.0 is ok.

It’s not related to changes in qemu DSDT, currently investigating.

gnome-shell-extension-nightthemeswitcher version 52-1 is only intended for GNOME 41. It doesn’t work on GNOME 40. Please remove version 52-1 from the repository until Manjaro GNOME moves to GNOME 41.

The update again wasn’t seen by the package manager GUI. Had to to a pacman -Syyu in order for it to find the new packages. After updating, everything is working fine.

It’s been replaced with 51-2.

1 Like

Changing steam to small mode will help navigate your library for now. View > small mode.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Weather icons changed with last update

2 posts were split to a new topic: Kdelibs issue since last update