[Stable Update] 2021-08-27 - Kernels, Cutefish, NetworkManager, Gnome, Pamac, Mesa, Browsers, Xorg-Server, LibreOffice

I experienced a big performance change, much slower, running either GTK benchmark, GKTperf or the GPU Drawing benchmark in Hardinfo. Downgrading xorg-server from 1.20.13-3 to 1.20.13-1 restored performance.

I also have severe performance issues since installing the latest upgrade. It’s so bad the laptop is unusable, but they can be avoided by disabling the compositor or setting the backend to XRender. :frowning:

Running KDE with kernel 5.13.12-1-MANJARO on an Intel Core i7-8550U with integrated GPU.

Same problem here. xbacklight not working, neither work the function keys.
Also I am not able to hot plug the hdmi cable for the secondary display, but I have to logout and login back. The secondary screen position and resolution have changed as well!

Manjaro Openbox user here!
xbacklight not working, neither work the function keys.
Also I am not able to hot plug the hdmi cable for the secondary display, but I have to logout and login back. The secondary screen position and resolution have changed as well.

Turns out, my issues were coming from using opengl v2.
changed that to opengl 3.1 and KDE is happy again.
It’s even more snappy now than before if anything…

No difference for me. Both 3.1 and 2.0 are extremely slow, only XRender works.

1 Like

after the last update konsole is crashing on a startup with
konsole: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkonsoleapp.so.21: undefined symbol: _ZN14KWindowEffects16enableBlurBehindEP7QWindowbRK7QRegion

also had rendering problems with OpenGL, as detailed in this post.
downgrading both xorg-server and xorg-server-common to 1.20.13-1 restored the system functionality.

After this update, my Dota 2 starts loads very slow, after it starts and the dota 2 logo shows it freezes with sound for like 1-2 min before the image comes. I rolled back all updates and the issue was gone.

Updated again, and the problem was back. I tried just to downgrade the xorg-server and xorg-server-common, but that did not help.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

The gnome-extension dash to panel has the issue after update of Gnome 40.4.
The bug was fixed → archlinux, after update gnome-shell from 40.3-1 to 40.4-1, the dashboard app list disappeared!!!! · Issue #1437 · home-sweet-gnome/dash-to-panel · GitHub

Yes, it was with gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-panel 43.r12.g81af73b-1. :wink:

1 Like

Since this update, I am having screen tearing issues with XFCE.
Can someone kindly help me with this? What settings or commands should I check?
Other than this, I have no other issues at my end.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I fixed it using the steps mentioned here

Downgraded xorg-server and xorg-server-common.

From 1.20.13-3 down to 1.20.13-2.

I wonder why there is no bugfix in the meantime. And I wonder what changed between - these are only package releases.

1 Like

Here is where the changes are noted:

https://gitlab.manjaro.org/packages/extra/xorg120/xorg-server

I built it without the Debian patches and my external display issue disappeared here with Intel Integrated Graphics (i915).

Graphics:
  Device-1: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics vendor: Dell driver: i915 
  v: kernel bus-ID: 00:02.0 chip-ID: 8086:0166 class-ID: 0300 
3 Likes

Happening for me as well on 5.13.12, though I’m not getting anything returned when issuing commands. Oddly enough,

$ echo 10 > /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness

seems to still work, even when executed as a non-privileged user. That tells me that my udev rules for the backlight are still working fine. Very strange.

Edit to add:
This is happening on a laptop running Manjaro KDE, using the proprietary video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime v470.63.01.

Hi, I am having trouble with audio since the update. I have deleted my pulseaudio config tpl files and rebooted, but upon reboot my integrated speaker is detected as headphones.

inxi output

Audio:
Device-1: Intel Cannon Lake PCH cAVS driver: snd_hda_intel
Device-2: NVIDIA GP107GL High Definition Audio driver: snd_hda_intel
Sound Server-1: ALSA v: k5.13.12-1-MANJARO running: yes
Sound Server-2: PipeWire v: 0.3.33 running: yes

Sound works flawlessly on 5.12 and i believe on previous 5.13 version, too

I’ve downgraded Network Manager from 1.32.10.-1 to 1.32.8-1
After upgrade NM wasn’t able to define WiFi device and configure connection.
WiFi adapter is Intel Wireless 8265.

As an update, installing acpilight replaces xbacklight with a python script that works, but needs sudo to run.