[Stable Update] 2021-08-17 - Kernels, KDE Software, Nvidia, Firefox, Thunderbird, Mate

Installed 21.1.0 Gnome edition fresh. Have issues with video on firefox. Any video (netflix, youtube, etc) is clunky, and stuttered. Less visible in X11 session. Previous manjaro release provided super smooth video experience. Video card: Mesa Intel® Xe Graphics (TGL GT2). It feels not like just video, but the whole interface is affected. Any ideas what I can try to get better experience?

UPDATE: Figured out that the problem happens when my laptop is on battery. So it’s power management related. Any suggestion who to improve experience?

@ddns Seems like Gwenview sorting is not a bug but a feature. You can read about it here. Gwenview now inherits Dolphin sorting style to give user a consistent experience.

1 Like

This feature if i cant disabled, sucks.
Why sort order take from dolphin if i have the same in gwenview?

Do you have hardware acceleration working?

For rescue purposes, have more then 1 kernel installed to be able to boot into your system with another version of the kernel. Manjaro provides a easy way to install, use and update these kernels using the Manjaro settings manager . Have at least two available, at least one LTS kernel.

You are awesome, it works like a charm!

Somehow I’ve never even noticed it:
78btg87btg8b7ti7yg

yes, it’s working for other applications.

Flatpak was not showing on Pamac after enabling it in third party. I reinstalled libpamac-flatpak-plugin and it didn’t work. but removing and installing it did the trick. Leaving it here if anyone who needs it. The commands.

pamac remove libpamac-flatpak-plugin
pamac install libpamac-flatpak-plugin

3 posts were split to a new topic: I have a trouble when try install zenmap

Most of the icons in my Dolphin side pane seems to have changed to ‘folder style’… much less readable now.

(Before, after):
Screenshot_20210824_133831_edit Screenshot_20210824_135921_edit

Sorry for the being.
This bug (outdated udev rules that disables important features from nvidia cards: audio over hdmi, USB xHCI Host Controller and USB Type-C UCSI devices) is still present (or at least my file /etc/udev/rules.d/90-mhwd-prime-powermanagement.rules has not been updated)

Is already fixed,if you try the new ISO the HDMI audio will work out of the box.

That’s easy to fix: Right click over “Places” and change it to 16x16.

Screenshot_20210824_144731

2 Likes

Then we need to add an entry on the “Known issues and solutions” wiki, otherwise everyone who hasn’t a fresh installation from the new iso will keep this bug forever (or add a script in a new update that patches the current installations)

2 Likes

Not quite the same as it reduces the vertical spacing between the options, but apart from that, good enough I suppose. Thanks.

I had multiple issues with PrtScr related shortcuts and some other packages not working well, so after some time I realized they all had the same root: the kinit package was missing after the most recent update.

1 Like

Очень хорошее обновление. Компьютер стал работать быстрее и стал холоднее.

May I’m the only one, after I got the latest update my secondary Nvidia GPU doesn’t work anymore. I was checked with inxi and more other progs but the Nv GPU driver not exist. I was try the autoinstall in settings menu and I got one messages this is not needed cus video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime driver is installed. I cannot doing work 3 days in this times because I need the GPU for rendering with optirun, primusrun or prime-run, but doesn’t work. Finally in the night I was try to boot the latest manjaro live (Pahvo) with one USB stick, and the NV GPU is working such as always, and I come back my installed OS, and my second GPU working again. I no have idea what happened.
Only one thing is not working, steam games. Okay, I made nvida-xrun method in the past with aur, but it is not real solution, because I want to use my real OS and real graphical DE (KDE) with steam also.
I hope next update I will not got again the same annoyed problem.
So I can’t find the solution steam games problem in the forum, many of people have the same, but it is not important for me.
The offline games with wine or native working without problems with primusrun.

Had a problem with KeePassXC with my browser (a Firefox derivative) after the most recent update, it somehow it broke the browser integration connection. Not sure if the problem was in the browser, in the browser plugin or in the application. What happens is that the browser plugin fails to connect to the application.

It was fixed by recreating the a file /home/USER/.PROFILE_DIRECTORY/native-messaging-hosts/org.keepassxc.keepassxc_browser.json

Contents:

{
    "allowed_extensions": [
        "keepassxc-browser@keepassxc.org"
    ],
    "description": "KeePassXC integration with native messaging support",
    "name": "org.keepassxc.keepassxc_browser",
    "path": "/usr/bin/keepassxc-proxy",
    "type": "stdio"
}`

The relevant bug report is here:

1 Like