[Stable Update] 2021-08-17 - Kernels, KDE Software, Nvidia, Firefox, Thunderbird, Mate

Maybe you have 200% scaling set? There was discussion about that on Testing:

Unresolved I think.

Yes, I do have 200% scaling on, I have 4k displays. I won’t be able to turn scaling down without everything looking really tiny, right. I recall that KDE is working on better HiDPI support in X11, is this related. Maybe there are some other setting at play? One that comes to mind is PLASMA_USE_QT_SCALING=1.

I solved the issue by simply quitting latte dock (right click ⇒ quit) and afterwards starting it again.

Switching to another layout (keyboard layout, as configured from Gnome Tweaks) is broken after updating gnome-layout-switcher from version 0.8.17-1 to version 0.8.22-2.

It only happens on Wayland, on Xorg it works correctly.

1 Like

Thanks for that info. Should I uninstall 5.12, and install 5.13 as an option to try?

I found the issue of KDE:
“Open Terminal” by pressing Shift + F4 does not work in Dolphin.

Output of Dolphin logger:

kf.dbusaddons: Can not find 'kdeinit5' executable at /...../bin: ....

Solution:
sudo pacman -S kinit

1 Like

I have the same issue:
Open dolphin or gwenview :

kf.coreaddons: no metadata found in "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/applications.so" "Failed to extract plugin meta data from '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/applications.so'"
kf.coreaddons: no metadata found in "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/desktop.so" "Failed to extract plugin meta data from '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/desktop.so'"
kf.coreaddons: no metadata found in "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/applications.so" "Failed to extract plugin meta data from '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/applications.so'"
kf.coreaddons: no metadata found in "/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/desktop.so" "Failed to extract plugin meta data from '/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/desktop.so'"

I guess they are not compatible with kio.
We are waiting for update kio.

1 Like

Pardon the late reply. That option isn’t generated unless you set it yourself, so yes. Konsole GUI → Settings → General → Remember window size. I believe on is default, which is apparent as it worked out just fine for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

For gwenview click on the hamburger menu> Sort by>Name. But my plugin button in konsole doesn’t work.

1 Like

Gwenview solution didn’t work for me. In the next launch order list stays messed

confirmed on my OS copy also

unstable branch

pacman -Qi konsole                                                                                                                                        
Name            : konsole
Version         : 21.08.0-2
Description     : KDE terminal emulator
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.85.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.14.0-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11

The bug report has been submitted to developers of that component: 441199 – Plugins menu is empty (has no menu to show)
Feel free to register there and to add your comments and other issues you will find.

@Mina, @ddns,
it could be useful for developer’s investigation: please, mention by answering in this thread which:

1. konsole app version (run in konsole app the pacman -Qi konsole and post the Version field value)
  2. global theme (KDE start btn → Settings → Appearance → Global Theme)

are you using?

Thanks!

see also
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=268890

The good news for me is that the previous issue(transparency of borders of notifications) is resolved now and they are all transparent again :heart_eyes: :partying_face:
Thank you for this update!

Installed 21.1.0 Gnome edition fresh. Have issues with video on firefox. Any video (netflix, youtube, etc) is clunky, and stuttered. Less visible in X11 session. Previous manjaro release provided super smooth video experience. Video card: Mesa Intel® Xe Graphics (TGL GT2). It feels not like just video, but the whole interface is affected. Any ideas what I can try to get better experience?

UPDATE: Figured out that the problem happens when my laptop is on battery. So it’s power management related. Any suggestion who to improve experience?

@ddns Seems like Gwenview sorting is not a bug but a feature. You can read about it here. Gwenview now inherits Dolphin sorting style to give user a consistent experience.

1 Like

This feature if i cant disabled, sucks.
Why sort order take from dolphin if i have the same in gwenview?

Do you have hardware acceleration working?

For rescue purposes, have more then 1 kernel installed to be able to boot into your system with another version of the kernel. Manjaro provides a easy way to install, use and update these kernels using the Manjaro settings manager . Have at least two available, at least one LTS kernel.

You are awesome, it works like a charm!

Somehow I’ve never even noticed it:
78btg87btg8b7ti7yg

yes, it’s working for other applications.