[Stable Update] 2021-08-17 - Kernels, KDE Software, Nvidia, Firefox, Thunderbird, Mate

Konsole instantly segfaults when I try to run it.

Here’s the output from my terminal when I try running console:

[user@user-pc ~]$ konsole -v && konsole
konsole 21.08.0
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Mine works fine.
Try removing ~/.config/konsolerc file and ~/.local/share/konsole folder.

Thanks!

EDIT: Turns out the culprit is most likely “Remember window size” OFF, with it turned on, I can launch console with a customized default profile.
Thanks “dalto” from EndeavourOS forum ^_^ (link)

How should I go about fetching more info useful for developers, if needed?

Original post before I edited it

On my machine, I found out that the Segmentation Fault is caused with the following line at the top of “konsolerc”

[Desktop Entry]
DefaultProfile=Breath2.profile

Removing “Breath2.profile” makes it work again. I can keep my profile but have to switch to it every time I open Konsole, ha…
No matter what I do, I can’t get Konsole to start if I set a custom default profile, even a brand new one. But in the meantime, it works with the… erm, default default profile if that makes sense :sweat_smile:

This worked for me. I just removed the line where I had my default profile to be my custom profile. I have to remake my profile again, but at least I can stop using Kate’s terminal function as my main terminal. Thanks to you and ddns above.

1 Like

Sorry, should have clarified from the get go I can keep using my old profile, just need to switch to it manually; BUT!

I just had a look at the EndeavourOS forum, and some smart folks there figured out having “Remember window size” OFF while ALSO auto-loading a profile will make Konsole segfault. So for now, we gotta live with remembering window size I suppose! Adding this to my post now.

A post was split to a new topic: Some of my shortcuts stopped working

I had some issues with my Latte Dock layout getting messed up. I fixed that, but my system tray icons are still a little too small- not unreadable, just weird looking. I can probably fix that as well, but just a heads up to anyone reading.

A post was split to a new topic: OpenMW not starting game

Is the “Remember window size” option on the konsolerc file? I don’t seem to have it. Would I need to add it?

Everything went fine with a KDE/Nvidia system. No problems with konsole for me.

I noticed a big performance improvement after the update.

2 Likes

Notice performance boost on laptop with battery Ryzen 3/KDE. Update super smooth!

1 Like

Some settings seem to have been reset. E.g. when maximizing windows, the titlebar was set to disappear. That is no longer the case.

Having issue with system tray icon size.

The padding on the images seems to have been made smaller; taskbar icon sizes were unchanged. Is it related to the Plasma theme change? How can I change the size back to the previous state, though?

For now, I will stay on the 2021-08-09 release.

1 Like

My Latte Dock also got messed up! At first, only the first two applications and the application menu on the dock were clickable, so I decided to kill /usr/bin/latte-dock and remove ~/.config/latte/ and ~/.config/lattedockrc to start fresh. It didn’t work. Not really. The default dock does pop up when I move my mouse over to the bottom, but it doesn’t respond to my clicks. Not even right-clicks so I can “edit dock”. I tried using another layout and starting with an empty layout and an empty panel. The panel does respond to right-clicks, but after tinkering with the settings, it becomes unusable again.

Edit: grammar

where is this menu from,i can’t find it.

Right click on system tray, near little arrow.

2 Likes

KDE/nvidia user
Smooth update
No konsole crash for me

No nvidia driver problems? that’s new :joy:
Amazing new intro screen! :ok_hand:

Thanks Manjaro Team!

Since updating the fans on my laptop are running full contstantly and cpu temp is reported at 97C+

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.22.4
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.85.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 4.19.204-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 12 × Intel® Core™ i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz
Memory: 23.3 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics 630