[Stable Update] 2021-08-09 - Kernels, Xorg-Server, Systemd, Virtualbox, Mesa, Plasma, Pipewire

bluetoothd[814]: src/service.c:btd_service_connect() a2dp-sink profile connect failed for 84:17:15:11:3E:27: Protocol not available

:sleepy: Help

Solution : deinstall pulseaudio-modules-bt
install: pulseaudio-bluetooth 15.0-1

1 Like

Unfortunately, GNOME is what is holding back the next ISO release.

Iā€™ll stick with KDE, LXQt, and Openbox versions of Manjaro :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Another minor issue Iā€™ve noticed is that the system icons like time, networks, volume have become dimmer than before the update (faded out). Hope it gets fixed in the next update!

System:
Kernel: 5.10.56-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 11.1.0
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.22.4 Distro: Manjaro Linux base: Arch Linux

1 Like

Itā€™s under New Issues.

KDE Plasma theme uses low contrast colors, harder to read

Symptoms:

• You normally use a dark Plasma theme and notice that text on your Plasma menus, widgets, and tray are more difficult to read due to a lower contrast (light grey on dark grey).
  • This is due to the newly applied Breath2 2021 Dark Plasma theme.
  • breath2-2021-dark

Solution:

• Switch back to your previously used Breath2 Dark or Breath Dark theme to bring back higher-contrast text.
  • System Settings ā†’ Appearance ā†’ Plasma Style
  • breath2-original-dark
3 Likes

Thank you so much man, thank you so very muchā€¦ My speaker for some reason whenever connected with absolute volume maxes out at 25 while it goes max upto 40 so I have to disable it on Android and now on Linux too I guess

Seems that the Pulseaudio 15 killed my Bluetooth Headset : with the new HFP / HSP dissociation, the HSP one wasnā€™t available, and no audio was played this way. This trick solved the problem : in /etc/pulse/default.pa, add ā€œenable_native_hfp_hf=falseā€ after ā€œload-module module-bluetooth-discoverā€, then youā€™re good with pulseaudio -k. Now only A2DP and HSP are available. See there for source, seems that thereā€™s maybe a Kernel fix in the oven : bluetooth issue after upgrading to pulseaudio-15.0 (#1247) Ā· Issues Ā· PulseAudio / pulseaudio Ā· GitLab

2 Likes

I caught a problem with sound in telegram (2.9.0-4) during calls. When companion says creacks are heard like the microphone is overloaded. It is like that with many contacts and isnā€™t a hardware problem. At the same time voice messages sound good.

Thats a known problem of telegram 2.9 and hopefully will be fixed for the new release

2 Likes

Have libimagic6 update for several days but canā€™t update 6.9.12.17-1 to 6.9.19-2 it.

Preparing...
Warning: skypeforlinux-stable-bin: ignoring package upgrade (8.74.0.152-1 => 8.75.0.140-1)
Checking libmagick6 dependencies...
Synchronizing package databases...
Warning: deepin-desktop-base: local (3:2019.07.10-1) is newer than community (2:2021.06.16-1)
Warning: deepin-wallpapers: local (2:1.7.7-1) is newer than community (1:1.7.7-2)
Warning: electron9: local (9.4.4-2) is newer than community (9.4.4-1)
Warning: manjaro-hello: local (0.6.7-2) is newer than extra (0.6.6-6)
Warning: libmagick6-6.9.12.17-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

Building imagemagick6...
==> ERROR: PKGBUILD does not exist.

āÆ pamac upgrade
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Warning: manjaro-hello: local (0.6.7-2) is newer than extra (0.6.6-6)
Warning: perl: ignoring package upgrade (5.32.0-1 => 5.34.0-2)
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
Warning: removing 'pulseaudio' from target list because it conflicts with 'pipewire-pulse'
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- unable to satisfy dependency 'pulseaudio=15.0-1' required by pulseaudio-equalizer

On doing pamac update or pamac upgrade I get this pulseaudio error. Any idea how to resolve this?

Remove pulseaudio-equalizer package.

2 Likes

Donā€™t know. Was removed here: [pkg-upd] 5.13.6-1 (cbc57124) Ā· Commits Ā· Packages / Core / linux513 Ā· GitLab Have to check if that got backported: usb: xhci: avoid renesas_usb_fw.mem when it's unusable Ā· torvalds/linux@0665e38 Ā· GitHub

2 Likes

The commit message should have contained the reasoning for the removal, but itā€™s lacking.

1 Like

Most likely it was removed due to updated files. I checked the 514er version, which got wrongly modified. Iā€™ve updated the patch and will be re-added with the upcoming kernel updates.

4 Likes
1 Like

Only issue I had with this update was with Visual Studio Code (VSCode) from Snap.
Had to install the Flatpak version, which I donā€™t like to doā€¦

This is because the Snap version was published using classic confinement.

The error message when installing is:

cannot install ā€œcodeā€: classic confinement requires snaps under /snap or symlink from /snap to /var/lib/snapd/snap

Why?

Do not like versions in our repo and AUR?

$ pacman -Si code
Repository      : community
Name            : code
Version         : 1.58.0-1
Description     : The Open Source build of Visual Studio Code (vscode) editor

Binary releases of VS Code without MS branding/telemetry/licensing: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/vscodium-bin

1 Like

I removed the packages and other similar pulseaudio packages which were giving me trouble.
I removed pulseaudio-equaliser; pulseaudio-jack; pulseaudio-lirc; pulseaudio-rtp and pulseaudio-zeroconf only then was I able to update.
Now on doing so, my GNOME doesnā€™t have audio anymore. On battery connection, increasing volume and other GNOME sounds arenā€™t there.
How do I solve this? The above packages were required for GNOME for the audio.
(Audio from Spotify, Chrome etc works fine, only GNOME audio is gone)
I installed pipewire-pulse recently, could this have something to do with it?

Yes it does - it conflicted with your pulseaudio-* packages. Just look at the initial error message you posted.
I assumed your system used pipewire for audio and that pulseaudio-equalizer package was a leftover/oversight of a switch from pulseaudio to pipewire.
Try (completly) installing pipewire support:

$ sudo pacman -Syu manjaro-pipewire

If this doesnā€™t bring your audio back, please open a new thread for the problem.

1 Like

There was a mini update today, ā€œmanjaro-kde-settingsā€ , version 20210812-1.
The color function got disabled after the update.
color
Breath2

4 Likes