[Stable Update] 2021-07-28 - Kernels, Plasma 5.22.4, Systemd, Cinnamon, Firefox, LibreOffice

So all of us who are on the testing branch are not getting this update? Is plasma 5.23 coming so they rather wait?

Please go to settings → kernel and install kernel 510. After that you can uninstall kernel 59 and should be good to go.

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Manjaro.org is down

I noticed the same in GNOME for my wired connection. This could be a network manager issue.

2 Likes

I can confirm. Using Realtek Ethernet Controller and kernel 5.13.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Manjaro.org is down

GDM got nuked with this update plus a weird bug, I have to sudo to start chromium.

Not for me. What does that mean?

Do NOT start user apps with sudo.

Please open your own #support topic for help.

Yes, we know manjaro.org is having issues. This is not related to the stable update. Please see:

4 Likes
update failed because of a problem with npm.
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/exit-handler.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/LICENSE exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/index.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-dependencies.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-scripts.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-workspaces.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/package.json exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/.eslintrc.json exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/.npmignore exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/format-diff.js.test.cjs exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/index.js.test.cjs exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/untar.js.test.cjs exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/archive.tgz exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/ruyadorno-simplistic-pkg-with-folders-1.0.0.tgz exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/simple-output-2.2.1.tgz exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/format-diff.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/index.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/should-print-patch.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/tarball.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/untar.js exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
$ 

so removed npm:

pacman -R npm

Then was able to proceed with update.

After rebooting, tried to install npm but received the error message above for (conflicting files).

So removed (conflicting files)
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/exit-handler.js
# /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/LICENSE
bash: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/LICENSE: Permission denied
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/index.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-dependencies.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-scripts.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-workspaces.js
# /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/package.json
bash: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/package.json: Permission denied
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/.eslintrc.json
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/.npmignore
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/format-diff.js.test.cjs
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/index.js.test.cjs
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/untar.js.test.cjs
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/archive.tgz
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/ruyadorno-simplistic-pkg-with-folders-1.0.0.tgz
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/simple-output-2.2.1.tgz
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/format-diff.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/index.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/should-print-patch.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/tarball.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/untar.js
# 
Had to remove some files manually via GUI
/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/LICENSE

/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/package.json

After that, was able to install npm.

After the update Gnome just freezes after login, the wallpaper, the dash-to-panel and cursor become visible, but there is a grey border around them and nothing works. I also have awesome-wm installed and it is working fine.

If you use nodejs/npm I can recommend using nvm or fnm to install them. It takes away a lot of overhead and issues and enables you to switch between node versions easily.

1 Like

Hi, I had another minor issue in Plasma after last update: I was using transparent panels, but after the update they turned totally opaque and I can’t find the way to get transparency back. I tried all the supposed ways -it took me a long time getting mad trying the way to change it-, it seems to be right configured, but no way to get may panels transparent again. Any parameter I should check? Thank you!

Hi,
Nice update. I was prepared, as always.
One issue I dont understand: I’m wire-connected to the modem, never needed a password. Now, it asks a pasword. Better put: it notes that I need a password to log in. While I’m fully connected. Even though speeds fluctuate…
Anything I missed?
Thanks
Melissa

Most likely due to this:

3 Likes

I did the update yesterday, today Plasmashell broke. Now it seems not to any window effects like the cube when changing virtual dekstops.
When I start Plasmashell in the Console, it shows many problems I dont know which ones are relevant:

Omitting both --window and --windowclass arguments is not recommended
➜  ~ kf.plasma.quick: Applet preload policy set to 1
qt.gui.icc: fromIccProfile: failed minimal tag size sanity
trying to show an empty dialog
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:146:19: QML Loader: Binding loop detected for property "height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:146:19: QML Loader: Binding loop detected for property "height"
Plasma Shell startup completed
Error: cannot change the containment to AppletsLayout
Loading Calendar plugin AstronomicalEventsPlugin(0x55ecf88101e0)
Loading Calendar plugin HolidaysEventsPlugin(0x55ecf87fd080)
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:531:9: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:486:13: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
Entry is not valid "kontact.desktop" QSharedPointer(0x55ecf8cadf50)
Entry is not valid "ktp-contactlist.desktop" QSharedPointer(0x55ecf8cae210)
Entry is not valid "kontact.desktop" QSharedPointer(0x55ecf8cae380)
Entry is not valid "ktp-contactlist.desktop" QSharedPointer(0x55ecf8cae330)
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.panel/contents/ui/main.qml:30:1: QML DropArea (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "minimumWidth"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:486:13: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:531:9: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:553:5: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Panel.qml:213: Error: Invalid write to global property "prefix"
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Panel.qml:27:1: QML Panel: Binding loop detected for property "state"
Both point size and pixel size set. Using pixel size.
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/Tooltip.qml:66:9: QML GridLayout (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "minimumWidth"
libkcups: CUPS-Get-Printers last error: 0 successful-ok
libkcups: Create-Printer-Subscriptions last error: 0 successful-ok
libkcups: Get-Jobs last error: 0 successful-ok
libkcups: Get-Jobs last error: 0 successful-ok
Cyclic dependency detected between "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/global/Globals.qml" and "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/NotificationHeader.qml"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.private.systemtray/contents/ui/main.qml:30:1: QML MouseArea (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "minimumWidth"
libkcups: 3 "Canon_MG2500_series"
libkcups: 3 "HP_Officejet_5740_series"
libkcups: 3 "Lexmark_MC3326adwe"
libkcups: 0
libkcups: 0
QFont::setPointSizeF: Point size <= 0 (0.000000), must be greater than 0
➜  ~ qt.gui.icc: fromIccProfile: failed minimal tag size sanity
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.kickoff/contents/ui/LeaveButtons.qml:69:5: QML ToolButton: Binding loop detected for property "display"
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/plasma/components/ModelContextMenu.qml:38:1: QML ModelContextMenu: Accessible must be attached to an Item

Also if I change virtual desktops or try to show the window overview it displays:

file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Panel.qml:27:1: QML Panel: Binding loop detected for property "state"

If I log in with Wayland everything starts to work as expected.

edit:

I managed to get it working again in setting OpenGL3.1 in the Compositor Tab in System settings

1 Like

alt+shift+f12 triggers compositor

I tried alt+shift+f12 but nothing happened… :man_shrugging:

Catfish
Manjaro team fixed it so quickly checked Monday morning Wow that is :100: %
Busy gotta go
Thank You
Noel

Ive got cpu softlock bug on 5.4 and 5.10 and amd gpu crash with “failed to initialize parser -125” on 5.4, 5.10 and 5.13