[Stable Update] 2021-07-28 - Kernels, Plasma 5.22.4, Systemd, Cinnamon, Firefox, LibreOffice

Same to me. ;-(

Same to me, too :frowning:

With my system, pamac-manager (GUI) showed that jack and lib32-jack would be replaced with the AUR versions, so I didn’t execute the update. Instead, I tried pamac update -a (CLI) and there, the correct update with jack2 and lib32-jack2 was shown, so I did that.

I was also confused after the update.

Same issue here.

But if you had clicked “Apply” button in the GUI you would have got a screen telling you that jack will be removed and jack2 will be installed.

That’s what I did on Testing branch, after also noticing that jack was seemingly to be updated from AUR. @nightmare-2021 reassured me.

Updated KDE Plasma.
Everything working as expected.

Same problem also previous install of Brave fails to open

Hi, is there a solution?

Hi, Phil, is there a solution for jack and brave? I look forward to your response. :wink:

There was never a problem. jack2 replaced jack in the Arch repos and jack was dropped to the AUR. jack2 provides jack so the transition is seamless.

:information_source: Reminder: AUR packages are not officially supported and related discussion is off topic in Announcement threads.

Any browser based on Chromium 92.0.4515.107 will have an issue when using systemd-resolved except chromium which has been patched. It’s not fixed upstream yet, but all parties are aware. The team is working on providing a working version which may require a downgrade for now.

1 Like

I ended up just uninstalling Brave and ended up updating through gui. Issue was resolved, now they just gotta fix the issue with the brave browser.

Brave’s issues should be resolved… now Brave users can downgrade Brave with a working version

2 Likes

Still getting issues, I uninstalled it So i can update it. But when I try to install it again through the official community repository I get the following errors:

invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature):
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Warning: manjaro-hello: local (0.6.7-2) is newer than extra (0.6.6-6)
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
Download of brave-browser (1.27.109-1) started
Download of brave-browser (1.27.109-1) finished
Checking keyring...
Checking integrity...
Error: brave-browser: signature from "Stefano Capitani <stefano@manjaro.org>" is invalid
Removing invalid files and retrying...
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
Download of brave-browser (1.27.109-1) started
Download of brave-browser (1.27.109-1) finished
Checking keyring...
Checking integrity...
Error: brave-browser: signature from "Stefano Capitani <stefano@manjaro.org>" is invalid
Failed to commit transaction:
invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature):

Brave working version:
stable 1.26.74
beta 1.27.84
try to do
sudo pacman-mirrors -f5 && sudo pacman -Syyuu

5 Likes

For now the only two problems I had were:
1- clamav was not updated using the sudo freshclam command, now it could be updated (so I calculate it would have been a problem with the clamav server.
2- catfish does not work throw the following error:

1 Like

this worked for me. thank you.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Plasmashell errors after recent update

Can confirm same here
Screens_20210729_

…Or use yay -Syu --combinedupgrade to exclude your current brave package to upgrade to a broken brave package.