[Stable Update] 2021-07-28 - Kernels, Plasma 5.22.4, Systemd, Cinnamon, Firefox, LibreOffice

I noticed the same in GNOME for my wired connection. This could be a network manager issue.

2 Likes

I can confirm. Using Realtek Ethernet Controller and kernel 5.13.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Manjaro.org is down

GDM got nuked with this update plus a weird bug, I have to sudo to start chromium.

Not for me. What does that mean?

Do NOT start user apps with sudo.

Please open your own #support topic for help.

Yes, we know manjaro.org is having issues. This is not related to the stable update. Please see:

4 Likes
update failed because of a problem with npm.
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/exit-handler.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/LICENSE exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/index.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-dependencies.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-scripts.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-workspaces.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/package.json exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/.eslintrc.json exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/.npmignore exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/format-diff.js.test.cjs exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/index.js.test.cjs exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/untar.js.test.cjs exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/archive.tgz exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/ruyadorno-simplistic-pkg-with-folders-1.0.0.tgz exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/simple-output-2.2.1.tgz exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/format-diff.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/index.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/should-print-patch.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/tarball.js exists in filesystem
npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/untar.js exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
$ 

so removed npm:

pacman -R npm

Then was able to proceed with update.

After rebooting, tried to install npm but received the error message above for (conflicting files).

So removed (conflicting files)
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/exit-handler.js
# /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/LICENSE
bash: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/LICENSE: Permission denied
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/index.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-dependencies.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-scripts.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/lib/update-workspaces.js
# /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/package.json
bash: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/package.json: Permission denied
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/.eslintrc.json
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/.npmignore
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/format-diff.js.test.cjs
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/index.js.test.cjs
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/tap-snapshots/test/untar.js.test.cjs
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/archive.tgz
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/ruyadorno-simplistic-pkg-with-folders-1.0.0.tgz
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/fixtures/simple-output-2.2.1.tgz
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/format-diff.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/index.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/should-print-patch.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/tarball.js
# rm /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/libnpmdiff/test/untar.js
# 
Had to remove some files manually via GUI
/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/LICENSE

/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/package-json/package.json

After that, was able to install npm.

After the update Gnome just freezes after login, the wallpaper, the dash-to-panel and cursor become visible, but there is a grey border around them and nothing works. I also have awesome-wm installed and it is working fine.

If you use nodejs/npm I can recommend using nvm or fnm to install them. It takes away a lot of overhead and issues and enables you to switch between node versions easily.

1 Like

Hi, I had another minor issue in Plasma after last update: I was using transparent panels, but after the update they turned totally opaque and I can’t find the way to get transparency back. I tried all the supposed ways -it took me a long time getting mad trying the way to change it-, it seems to be right configured, but no way to get may panels transparent again. Any parameter I should check? Thank you!

Hi,
Nice update. I was prepared, as always.
One issue I dont understand: I’m wire-connected to the modem, never needed a password. Now, it asks a pasword. Better put: it notes that I need a password to log in. While I’m fully connected. Even though speeds fluctuate…
Anything I missed?
Thanks
Melissa

Most likely due to this:

3 Likes

I did the update yesterday, today Plasmashell broke. Now it seems not to any window effects like the cube when changing virtual dekstops.
When I start Plasmashell in the Console, it shows many problems I dont know which ones are relevant:

Omitting both --window and --windowclass arguments is not recommended
➜  ~ kf.plasma.quick: Applet preload policy set to 1
qt.gui.icc: fromIccProfile: failed minimal tag size sanity
trying to show an empty dialog
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:146:19: QML Loader: Binding loop detected for property "height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:146:19: QML Loader: Binding loop detected for property "height"
Plasma Shell startup completed
Error: cannot change the containment to AppletsLayout
Loading Calendar plugin AstronomicalEventsPlugin(0x55ecf88101e0)
Loading Calendar plugin HolidaysEventsPlugin(0x55ecf87fd080)
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:531:9: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:486:13: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
Entry is not valid "kontact.desktop" QSharedPointer(0x55ecf8cadf50)
Entry is not valid "ktp-contactlist.desktop" QSharedPointer(0x55ecf8cae210)
Entry is not valid "kontact.desktop" QSharedPointer(0x55ecf8cae380)
Entry is not valid "ktp-contactlist.desktop" QSharedPointer(0x55ecf8cae330)
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.panel/contents/ui/main.qml:30:1: QML DropArea (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "minimumWidth"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:486:13: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:531:9: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/DigitalClock.qml:553:5: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Panel.qml:213: Error: Invalid write to global property "prefix"
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Panel.qml:27:1: QML Panel: Binding loop detected for property "state"
Both point size and pixel size set. Using pixel size.
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.digitalclock/contents/ui/Tooltip.qml:66:9: QML GridLayout (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "minimumWidth"
libkcups: CUPS-Get-Printers last error: 0 successful-ok
libkcups: Create-Printer-Subscriptions last error: 0 successful-ok
libkcups: Get-Jobs last error: 0 successful-ok
libkcups: Get-Jobs last error: 0 successful-ok
Cyclic dependency detected between "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/global/Globals.qml" and "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/NotificationHeader.qml"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.private.systemtray/contents/ui/main.qml:30:1: QML MouseArea (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "minimumWidth"
libkcups: 3 "Canon_MG2500_series"
libkcups: 3 "HP_Officejet_5740_series"
libkcups: 3 "Lexmark_MC3326adwe"
libkcups: 0
libkcups: 0
QFont::setPointSizeF: Point size <= 0 (0.000000), must be greater than 0
➜  ~ qt.gui.icc: fromIccProfile: failed minimal tag size sanity
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.kickoff/contents/ui/LeaveButtons.qml:69:5: QML ToolButton: Binding loop detected for property "display"
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/plasma/components/ModelContextMenu.qml:38:1: QML ModelContextMenu: Accessible must be attached to an Item

Also if I change virtual desktops or try to show the window overview it displays:

file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Panel.qml:27:1: QML Panel: Binding loop detected for property "state"

If I log in with Wayland everything starts to work as expected.

edit:

I managed to get it working again in setting OpenGL3.1 in the Compositor Tab in System settings

1 Like

alt+shift+f12 triggers compositor

I tried alt+shift+f12 but nothing happened… :man_shrugging:

Catfish
Manjaro team fixed it so quickly checked Monday morning Wow that is :100: %
Busy gotta go
Thank You
Noel

Ive got cpu softlock bug on 5.4 and 5.10 and amd gpu crash with “failed to initialize parser -125” on 5.4, 5.10 and 5.13

try setting OpenGL3.1 in the Compositor Tab in System settings as reported by others above

The ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap resolved slack not starting:

$ slack
/var/lib/snapd/snap/slack/42/command-slack.wrapper: line 2: /snap/slack/42/bin/electron-launch: No such file or directory

Luckily I read the forum before trying to reinstall slack…
Will this be fixed in a future version?
Will the manual ln -s cause upgrade problems?

It worked! Transparency is back! Thank you!!