[Stable Update] 2021-07-13 - Kernels, Plasma 5.22, Cinnamon 5, Gnome 40, LibreOffice, Mesa, Nvidia, Pamac

I got 2 out of the 3 PC updated without any issues. On the 3rd one (with NVIDIA GPU) all seems OK, beside odd pink-ish tint applied system wide.

Anyone experiencing something similar?

Edit: After checking the forum on my other PC - the screenshot is actually OK and no pink-ish overlay can be seen …

So here is what I actually see

1 Like

Thought I would like the new gnome 40 but for some reason I don’t like it that much. I really liked the previous Manjaro theme and layout with gnome 3.38. Just my honest opinion. :pensive:
Using Xfce more than gnome now.

2 Likes

Well, I made a test. I installed Manjaro 21.0.7 and then made the last stable updates. Everything is all right. Gnome 40.3 working well, but the dash-to-dock extension (69+14+g302c693-3) version doesn’t work very well. I see in the topic that a new version is available (-5). I will make the update. If that last version will not working very well, I will go back to 69+13+ga081e41-0 version by downgrade. I remember that that version worked correctly.

I’m running gnome with an nvidia card using the proprietary driver and experience the same pink tint since this update, but only on GDM. Once I’ve logged in, the colours are fine.

Ps.: Looks like there is an ongoing issue on the gnome side:

What I did to resolve this on my side was to turn off the colour profile management in the system settings for my monitor entirely. Now everything is back to normal.

Uninstalled yaourt, updated pamac, the system automatically uninstalled package-query and all gone at its place, aside a 45 minutes of rebuilding qt4 and an another couple of programs, but the system is working fine.

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with recent stable update

Hello, @grau

Thanks for your reply, I tried this but it didn’t work, the message Error: resume: no device specified for hibernation still appears when I boot my computer.

And I diffed the /etc/default/grub file with the one I backed up before the update, there is no difference between them, so it may be caused by something other.

This.

The gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock-69+14+g302c693-5 works for me. A new version is available (6), I will install it. :slightly_smiling_face:

News: Version 6 of Dash-to-dock extension works too. Only two or three options don’t work (Opacity, Maximum size panel/dock slider). Otherwise, it is good and Gnome 40 works very well. :slightly_smiling_face:

You have both KDE and Xfce installed? I have both, but I created another user for KDE, I usually use Xfce and I leave KDE for when I have some time to deal with it. It’s been quite a long time. Could be that the configurations in the home directory between Xfce and KDE entered in conflicts, don’t know I am right.

Hi there.
I haven’t updated yet.
But I noticed that there is issue with hibernate?
Is it true?

Try to remove Plasma caches in ~/.cache/plasmashell and ~/.cache/kwin* and restart. I had similar issue once or twice and just destroying all ~/.cache directory helped each time.

Got no problem with return to hibernation here, neither with return to sleep. Not an update related issue IMHO

Except for one, all ulauncher extensions seem to be broken. Also had some issues with Dash-to-Dock, but those have been resolved now.

OK, thank you @lopasilver , I will try to figure it out myself.

Just forgot to mention that I still use Kernel 5.10

For all the broken ulauncher extensions, you can fix it by forking the extension yourself and adding these lines to the import-section of the code:

import gi
gi.require_version('Gdk', '3.0')

(Like I did here: Fix issue #5 · Masqueey/ulauncher-bluetoothd@5ad74bf · GitHub)

You can also ask the extension developer to add it to their extension.

For some reason I can’t use light theme on Gnome. It just doesn’t want to select it.

Anyone has a solution to this?

Also I can’t access my Dash-to-dock settings:

The settings of extension dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com had an error:

Error: GSettings key preview-size-scale not found in schema org.gnome.shell.extensions.dash-to-dock

Stack trace:

_checkKey@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:563:23
createCheckedMethod/<@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:515:30
_bindSettings@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/prefs.js:545:81
_init@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/prefs.js:219:14
buildPrefsWidget@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/prefs.js:1013:20
_init@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:209:40
OpenExtensionPrefsAsync/<@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:122:28
asyncCallback@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:115:22
run@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/dbusService.js:177:20
main@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/main.js:19:13
run@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:206:19
start@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:190:8
@/usr/share/gnome-shell/org.gnome.Shell.Extensions:1:17

Open the Extensions application and enable User Themes.

That shouldn’t be happening anymore. Try reinstalling:

pamac install gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock

Thank you @grau, you are right!

After I added resume=UUID=xxxxxx back to /etc/default/grub, I forgot to run sudo update-grub so it didn’t take effect.

Now I redo these two steps, my computer can resume from hibernation as before.

This may be because I ran pacdiff last month to update the /etc/default/grub file, which removed the resume=UUID=xxxx parameter, but I didn’t run update-grub, so it did not take effect immediately, and the hibernation still worked fine. In this update, update-grub is triggered so the hibernation cannot work anymore.

Thanks also @lopasilver