[Stable Update] 2021-07-13 - Kernels, Plasma 5.22, Cinnamon 5, Gnome 40, LibreOffice, Mesa, Nvidia, Pamac

i don’t have opacity option(breeze dark))

For now, the best solution is to use the default GNOME 40 dock, if we want to use the dock.

I think the developers of the extension ‘Dash to dock’ would have started from scratch by taking as a basis the GNOME 40 dock code. Take the code of version 3.38 and previous, add “fixes” is not the best solutions. GNOME 40 is totally different, and the next versions will be even more (and so dash-to-dock will be even more difficult to maintain). Of course, it’s my opinion.

Remove that symlink and let the libpamac package (update/installation) create a directory

$ sudo rm /etc/systemd/system/timers.target.wants
$ sudo pacman -Syu libpamac
2 Likes

Hi,
I run Manjaro-Gnome in KVM VM and experienced the following problems:

• Dash-to-Dock (already answered)
  • Tweaks->Appearance->Application: Can’t change to a dark theme it jumps back to the non-dark theme
  • Extensions->User Themes->Settings: Same as in Tweaks->Appearance->Application

I couldn’t find any solution yet, hence I’m asking the community. Thanks.

Thanks,
that was my guess as to the fix.

The brightness slider dissappeared from the KDE Battery Applet

And the KDE Network Applet fails to start and gives the following error message:

qrc:/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.networkmanagement/contents/ui/main.qml:39:34: Type PopupDialog unavailable
qrc:/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.networkmanagement/contents/ui/PopupDialog.qml:52:9: Type Toolbar unavailable
<Unknown File>:61:5: Element is not creatable.

Hi do you also have a Night/dark Theme switcher extension running? Maybe it conflicts with Tweaks theme settings…

1 Like

Same issue with the conflicting files - the suggested uninstall and install worked for me - thanks!

2 Likes

Hi remark, that was it. Thanks for the tip.
But it’s still a bug in Night-Switcher or Tweaks, or do I miss here something?

I get a black screen when trying to log in.
With the GNOME Session, the screen is completly black and I cannot even open tty.
With the GNOME Classic Session my mouse cursor appears on screen, but otherwise completly black. But in that Session I can at least open tty again.

I have also tried the gnome bootscreen fix, but not fixed.

Hi, after reboot don’t login to Gnome Desktop instead open a tty (CTRL+ALT+F3); login; open in an editor /etc/gdm/custom.conf and disable Waylad; save it; reboot.

I have now also tried disabling Wayland, now it does show the cursor in the GNOME Session, but still black screen otherwise

Do we have 2 wait another month for the official iso release?

I have an XPS 15 9500 with fprintd installed for fingerprint reader support and that caused the issue for me. Logging in via tty2 and removing the fprintd package solved the issue (as others in this this thread suggested)!

1 Like

linux-firmware 20210629.r1978.d79c267-1 which brought firmware 21.20 is still faulty for Ravenridge (Vega-based APU).

what problems does this cause?

Because I do use a Ryzen 3400G

I found that the failure of the arrow keys to select results is caused by dash-to-dock being ‘ON’. When I deactivate it, the arrow keys function as they should to select a search result.

I had the same issue. I thought that my NVIDIA driver got screwed up. Try sudo systemctl restart display-manager

Hi, I have problem with PulseEffects legacy. I have preset for Loudness Equalizer which should load to PulseEffect automatically. Problem is, that after PC reboot plugins activated by this present are not load. They seems to be load, but not works - like on the picture below. You have to uncheck and check them manually to make them work.

obrazek

I have tried to reset PulseEffects with

pulseeffects -r

or
delete the folder ~/.catche/gstreamer-1.0
dconf reset -f /com/github/wwmm/pulseeffects/

But nothing works. Can you help me please?

PS.: I had this problem long time ago and I remember, that I have to reset or delete something. But I’ve lost that information and I can’t find it on web again.

Thank you, that did solve it :grinning: