[Stable Update] 2021-07-13 - Kernels, Plasma 5.22, Cinnamon 5, Gnome 40, LibreOffice, Mesa, Nvidia, Pamac

Yeeiii! Finally we got gnome 40! Happy anniversary Manjaro! Huge update, everything seems to work fine, only some minor appearance issues including this huge spacing on the tray area using matcha themes:
I’ve tried to change it through the css of the theme (gnome-shell.css), it works but it’s not very “elegant”.

A post was split to a new topic: The shortcuts in my panel and desktop don’t work anymore

India mirror is last synced 177 hrs ago. Is this normal?

Thank you for update, I got new bug when using yakuake. Do you know how to fix that? It’s not critical but something I do not want to have :stuck_out_tongue: Please take a look at video, you will see something “blue” there.

1 Like

It’s not. There is obviously something wrong. But can happen.
if pacman-mirrors --status does not output OK, you can wait a bit more, or switch to another mirror with
sudo pacman-mirrors -c <Name_Of_the_Country>
After that you need to update the database with
sudo pacman -Syyu

1 Like
2 Likes

Hello @omano, sorry for the late reply.

I had/have version 10.1.x
Current version

$ pacman -Qs pamac-gtk
local/pamac-gtk 10.1.3-3
    A Package Manager based on libalpm with AUR and Appstream support

Previous version

$ ls /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ | grep pamac-gtk
pamac-gtk-10.1.2-0.1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

P.S Update just came in for libpamac v.11.0.1-3. I will update and see if that fixes the issue.

EDIT: Fixed spelling mistake replay → reply :slight_smile:
EDIT2: Updated libpamac. The issue persists.

Hello there!

KDE user here. Overall, the update went great except for one annoying issue:
plasma stopped recognizing my HDMI as a sound card that goes through NVIDIA 2060.

To be honest it did not work ever before until the previous update. And now the problem is back again.

UPDATE:
found a solution after searching for hours. Just forced PulseAudio to use Nvidia HDMI card.
Add the following line to /etc/pulse/default.pa:

load-module module-alsa-sink device=plughw:<card#>,<device#>

(replace <card#>,<device#> with the specific hardware for your system such as 0,1) which you can get by running aplay -l

1 Like

The one you showed I have disabled. I believe they are for windows not for panel.

Do you have Opacity options in Panel? I don’t.

On my private laptop the update went smoothly and Gnome is working fine.
On my work laptop on the other hand the screen went gray after the login to Gnome 40 and the laptop doesn’t react at all. I restored a timeshift backup. I will look at the differences between the laptop configs when I have more time.
What I can say: it does also not work with Gnome classic or Gnome on XOrg.

This is actually intentional (and for me works better than before). However there is a new option in System Tray Settings which allows you to choose panel icon size between “Small” and “Scale with Panel height”.

1 Like

I needed this input. Thanks!

The option is present in Breeze theme. So I guess Manjaro theme should be rebased on newest Breeze.

Hi,

gqrx 2.14.4-1 doesn’t start anymore after updating soapysdr to 0.8.0-1 (dependency of gnuradio-osmosdr).

$ gqrx
gqrx: error while loading shared libraries: libSoapySDR.so.0.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Downgrading soapysdr to the previuos version 0.7.2-3 solved the problem at the moment.

Easy to miss a question
I had the idea that after updating I would change to kernel 5.12 seemed good idea,
so after updating and rebooting 5.12 is already running in place of kernel 5.10,
How did that change without my doing ?
Has anyone else had this happen ?

I found

Right click on your tasks bar, edit panel

select more option

India mirror is lagging behind, switch to Germany with
sudo pacman-mirrors --country Germany && sudo pacman -Syyu

Thank you @nightmare-2021,
I removed Mediathekview first, than run pamac update -a; everything went fine. .
Now I found, that Pamac offers to install Mediathekview 13.7.1-1, having java-runtime=15 as dependency. Good idea to do so?
If I’d follow your proposal Linux Installer (Sh)

• will this be updated in the future on a regular base (e.g. using pamac update -a)?
  • how to de-install it in case?

Sorry, but this would be the very first time, that I use such install method.

Will this be fixed in a future update or should we put it in the " Known issues and solutions" wiki post? For the latter option it seems I don’t have the privileges do edit it, so someone else should add this.