[Stable Update] 2021-06-14 - Kernels, Browsers, Mesa, Deepin, Systemd, Gnome Apps 40.2, Pipewire, Haskell

There is information about this in the announcement:

Can you read the “Known issues and solutions” section at the beginning of this announcement, please?
It is there for that specific reason…

I immediately decided to use the search, and there was ZERO results (!?), so I didn’t bother to read the thread.

Sorry.

Ok, no problem. :ok_man:
But with a rolling release, the first thing to do before doing an update is to read the update announcement. You will avoid trouble and various problems. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Good to know it’s not me. How can I roll back to 1.3.6 please?

Sound died after update found this solution and found it strange that the problem is still there since it looks like a problem with the previous update.
I’m using cinnamon on the graphics are ‘skippy’, when typing or any other movement occurs nothing happens for a fraction of a second and then a bit bursts out, what can that be?

Seems like Gnome 40 is coming :thinking:

I have not posted here something for a long time. Just this: I am feeling fine even without all the latest Gnome stuff because stability is much more appreciated. At least for me. Thanks!

3 Likes

LOL :rofl: cool one, :clap:
Did’nt know pamac was THIS usefull, thanks for pointing that out…and for brightening my day :hugs:
:rose: Melissa :rose:

1 Like

just sending a hug your way… :hugs:

3 Likes

After this update vlc stopped working… Here is the output:

$ vlc file.mp4 
VLC media player 3.0.14 Vetinari (revision 3.0.13-8-g41878ff4f2)
[000055878958a5b0] main libvlc: Running vlc with the default interface. Use 'cvlc' to use vlc without interface.
[00007f88900056b0] gl gl: Initialized libplacebo v3.120.3 (API v120)
[00007f88900056b0] glconv_vaapi_x11 gl error: vaInitialize: unknown libva error
[00007f88900056b0] glconv_vaapi_drm gl error: vaInitialize: unknown libva error
[00007f88900056b0] glconv_vaapi_drm gl error: vaInitialize: unknown libva error
[00007f88900056b0] glconv_vaapi_drm gl error: vaDeriveImage: operation failed
[00007f889c063810] main video output error: video output creation failed
[00007f88b0e20490] main decoder error: failed to create video output
[00007f889021f2d0] gl gl: Initialized libplacebo v3.120.3 (API v120)
Failed to open VDPAU backend libvdpau_va_gl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[00007f889062ac60] gl gl: Initialized libplacebo v3.120.3 (API v120)

Please help! :pray:

Try installing libva-intel-driver

Please see Volunteers needed

That should explain it for you.

it worked! thanks a lot

Nice, thanks.

A post was split to a new topic: KDE gone after running latest Stable update

Update seems to be fine here, thank you. (libcanberra was the only issue I had, but properly documented here already)

But, if pamac is the recommended command to be used for updating, then it needs a few improvements…

1. The formatting of the text output on packages to be installed is so vertical that I could not scroll to the beginning of it in TTY.
  2. When downloading packages it just says “starting” and “finished” while pacman gives you realtime progress bar.
  3. Between downloads finished and checking keyering it hangs for quite a while without user information… With pacman I never had the impression that the process could be frozen anywhere in the middle.

(ps. I dont know though if that command is maintained or developed by manjaro’s team, just some user feedback)

Thanks again for the update!

2 Likes

I believe it is best to report this in the repo: Issues · Applications / pamac · GitLab

You can use pacman or yay. I use yay all the time. Pamac is not necessary, and just useful for browsing package metadata in my experience. Pamac hangs for 10 minutes checking development packages from the AUR while yay takes 2 seconds, so Pamac has become unusable for me for updating anyway.

1 Like

Yes, indeed.
Long life to pacman/yay! :1st_place_medal:

1 Like