[Stable Update] 2021-06-07 - Kernels, Perl, Haskell, Tesseract, Cutefish, KDE, Nvidia

Ah got it. The python apps from AUR require the rebuild for the new python on the system.

I haven’t come across it myself, but I suppose it can happen that the AUR package isn’t ready for the new version of python?

I suppose that is when users start looking at python virtual environments?

Thank you banjo, that work-around works perfectly :smiley:

Overlay packages have been built by Manjaro Team.
Sync packages are taken as they were from Arch.

No.
ÀUR packages are built locally against the then installed versions of other packages/libs (python in this case) when installed.
They (oftentimes) need to be rebuilt, when those libs get updated.
Sometimes one gets away without rebuilding and the AUR package just seems to work - but if any “suspicious” malfunctioning starts happening it’s a good idea to first freshly rebuild the AUR package in question.
Sometimes these packages won’t work at all without rebuilding - as is the case with these python packages.

Everything seems to be fine on cinnamon.

It looks like you are on Testing branch?

But to answer your question, use Pamac to upgrade.

1 Like

Hello, I fixed my issue with nvidia 340-xx.

@Theodor

Tnx for the info, but I also had some error 2 thing :slight_smile:

Since I was on kernel 5.10.41-1 fallback initramfs wich was compiled with 11.1 gcc according to inxi -Sazy and kernel 5.4.123 was completely unusable, I decided to uninstall and install again.
So I uninstalled kernel 5.4.123 and the headers as well and installed it again.
linux54 and linux54-headers

It worked!! without any errors!! I did that through pamac its easier.

So first would be to try to boot to a fallback if it works or install another kernel through
tty CTRL + Alt + F3
If all goes well you boot to that kernel and again uninstall k 5.10.41-1 and install again.
linux510 and linux510-headers

If all goes well you can boot to k 5.10.41-1 and enjoy :slight_smile:

This worked for me.

@6x12 tagging you in case you haven’t solved yet.

1 Like

I still can’t launch certain things including my terminal, so I have to use uxterm but I have also lost copy/paste.

I still get this error when trying to run urxvt:
error while loading shared libraries: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

I have updated the perl modules using :ok_hand:
pacman -Qo /usr/lib/perl5/5.32 as suggested by @freggel.doe and everything played nicley.

I have also done done this as suggested by @philm in reply to @stargazer :

# Install yay
sudo pacman -S --needed --noconfirm yay

# Rebuild AUR python packages
yay -S --noconfirm $(pacman -Qqo "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages")

Still not working.
Any suggestions as what to try next?
Thnx.

Thanks but that doesn’t seem to work for me still get the dkms error (make.log showing gcc mismatch) when reinstalling linux54.

Hi,
First uninstall k 5.4 again, add export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1 to /etc/profile or to /etc/environment it should work either way and try again…

The thing is to make the kernel and nvidia to be compiled by the same version of gcc.

1 Like

No, doesn’t work for me.
Removed linux54 and linux54-headers with pamac, added
export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=1
line to /etc/environment file (it was already on the bottom of profile file) and reinstalled linux54 (5.4.123-1) and linux54-headers (5.4.123-1) with pamac but still getting the same error.

Can you open a separate thread and post inxi -SGazy, pacman -Q gcc and /var/lib/dkms/nvidia/340.108/5.10.41-1-MANJARO/x86_64/log/make.log
just the first 15 -20 lines ??
So more people can get involved and try to help.

This is weird to say at least…

Can anybody please advise on the best way to perform this latest update while staying on the 460.73.01-3 nVidia driver? Last stable update, I tried to update with all the nvidia related packages added to the pacman.conf ignore list, but my system wouldn’t start and gave a module error of some kind (can’t remember specifically). I had to add all the following to be ignored in ‘/etc/pacman.conf’ in order to boot whilst still updating; lib32-libvdpau lib32-nvidia-utils libvdpau linux54-nvidia mhwd-nvidia mhwd-nvidia-390xx nvidia-utils xf86-video-nouveau linux-firmware linux54 linux54-virtualbox-host-modules virtualbox.

Is there anyway to update the kernel related packages, but not the nvidia ones, without breaking anything on this update? I can’t yet update to the later nVidia driver(s) and require to stay on the current functional 460.73.01-3 driver for the time being, until nVidia come up with a genuine solution.

Apologies if this is not the relevant place to ask to ask.

1 Like

SOLVED.
I re-installed uxrvt and deps…
All good now. :tada:
Thanks @freggel.doe and @beermad :+1:

1 Like

I finally got a chance to download and fire up a live session with the 21.0.6 ISO and I still have the same graphical glitches. It seems some regression has appeared that only affects my graphic card (AMD R9) and others similar to it. The glitchy graphics (it seems to affect mostly text in programs that use OpenGL) began after upgrade from mesa 21.0.3 to 21.1.0. I have reached mesa 21.1.2 and it seems it still hasn’t been fixed upstream. I would downgrade back to 21.0.3 but when I do that my plasma session doesn’t start anymore.

Graphics: Device-1: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Hawaii PRO [Radeon R9 290/390] driver: amdgpu v: kernel
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.11 driver: loaded: amdgpu,ati unloaded: fbdev,modesetting resolution:
1: 3840x2160~60Hz 2: 1920x1200~60Hz 3: 1920x1200~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (HAWAII DRM 3.40.0 5.12.9-1-MANJARO LLVM 12.0.0) v: 4.6 Mesa 21.1.2

1 Like

I’m in the same boat too.

I’m currently using an old btrfs snapshot that has the nVidia 460.73 driver working correctly with kernel 5.10 and I’m not keen on updating at all just now as the nVidia problem is still persisting with the current driver I believe. Like you I tried ignoring the nVidia stuff and updated but still had a problem. I have “quiet” off in Grub as I like to see what’s happening as the system boots but it ends on something like “nVidia magic” versions not matching. Sometimes I can switch to another tty to reboot. Subsequently allowing the nVidia driver to update still caused the same issue.

I the tried switching to the Nouveau driver but the performance on my old system with my 4k TV was just about hopeless (very sluggish graphics). I then reverted to the btrfs snapshot (very quick and easy to do with grub-btrfs).

Hi,
I’m getting this when updating:
errore: tpm2-tss: la firma di “Jonas Witschel diabonas@gmx.de” ha un’affidabilità sconosciuta
:: Il file /var/cache/pacman/pkg/tpm2-tss-3.1.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst è corrotto (il pacchetto non è valido oppure è corrotto (firma PGP)).
Vuoi eliminarlo? [S/n]

1 Like

Nvidia. I was hoping that with this latest Manjaro update the Nvidia driver update would have been reversed.

I am holding back on updating as I see so many troubles with Nvidia. I have chosen Manjaro Stable as I read so many positive things plus I just don’t have the time and patience anymore to repair broken systems.

How do I know when this unstable nvidia driver matches with Manjaro Stable?
Very hesistant on updating.

Using a Samsung DP 4K monitor with Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

2 Likes

Hello. I am experiencing problems with my bluetooth headset since I updated. I use Sony WX1000xm3 and before I wasn’t experiencing any issue.

Right now when I connect them they reproduce the microphone input and not what the computer is playing.

I use Gnome.

Check the “Output profile” setting in the Sound settings and adjust to A2DP. (playback)