[Stable Update] 2021-05-19 - Kernels, Nvidia, KDE Frameworks, Plasma, Systemd, LibreOffice, KDE Gear Mobile, FF, TB

There was a downgrade of pamac at some point, since one of our package maintainers didn’t talked with the release team. The other things you posted are Warnings. As long as it works you can ignore them, especially dependency cycle warnings.

2 Likes

Continuing to update anything I will report again

T+ = See you later

After this update the clipboard spotted working. Unable to paste anything, although the copied content shows up in the “clipboard contents” system tray thingy.

Manjaro KDE, Nvidia proprietary graphics.

EDIT: Bug fixed itself after a reboot. Not sure what the problem was

Generally new user, I get the following issues when trying to update my manjaro system:
conflicting files:

• plasma-workspace: /usr/share/locale/ta/LC_MESSAGES/kcm_autostart.mo already exists in filesystem (owned by plasma-desktop-primex)

Any step by step instructions on how to fix the issue?

I get only the warnings (local version is newer than extra), but I have no problem with dependences. I use -Syu.

1 Like

To fix:

sudo pacman -Rdd plasma-desktop-primex
sudo pacman -Syu plasma-desktop

1 Like

When I try to update, I’m shown the following error

error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing nvidia-utils (460.80-1) breaks dependency ‘nvidia-utils=460.73.01’ required by linux59-nvidia

The following are my current kernel details (not sure if its relevant, added it nonetheless)

Currently running: 5.10.34-1-MANJARO (linux510)
The following kernels are installed in your system:

• linux510
  • linux59

Kindly help me figure out how to deal with this.
Thank you

PS: I figured that I had to uninstall linux59. I’d just like to confirm if running

sudo mhwd-kernel -r linux59

is sufficient.

1 Like

Thank you, that fixed the issue and I was able to update my System.

what is the cause of this bug ? When I run the second line, a huge amount of things get installed, is there any side effects of this ?

got the same, No idea what to do here. Pretty annoying bug.

This is what I’ve tried 3 times now, as I said in my post. However, it always ends the same way:

• First, when I get prompted to reboot after the update, my screen blurs out and then nothing happens. So I use the console to do “shutdown now”.
  • Then when I boot up again, I have seemingly no desktop. Just a black background that I can’t interact with. No taskbar or start menu and alt + space to launch applications won’t work. I can move my cursor to the top left corner of the screen to switch activities and I can use alt + tab, so some things seem to work.

I guess I’m doing something wrong when I try to replace plasma-desktop-primex with plasma-desktop, but I don’t know what. I honestly don’t know how I’m “supposed” to do it. I just start up the Pamac GUI, check uninstall on plasma-desktop-primex and install on plasma-desktop.

EDIT:
I tried using the console commands posted here, but still having the same issues:

Edit 2:
Not sure if it matters, but the blurred screen I get stuck at when trying to reboot is called “ksmserver-logout-greeter”. I can still switch acitivities etc. It’s just that the reboot doesn’t hapopen unless I run “shutdown now”

When I updated, then restarted my pc, it would not boot up. I had to reinstall the system. Tried this twice.
Third time, I did NOT update the NVDIA driver information and things went smoothly. The system booted.
I’m not sure what would have caused this.

working great here! ty

After restarting, the desktop effects stopped working, but re-enabling the compositor and restarting the pc again fixed it.

You may be getting getting hit by a known bug? Under the Known Issues

New issues:

• Some Nvidia cards don’t work with the current 460.80 drivers when used with Display Port and/or 4k Monitors. More about the issue at the Nvidia Developer Forum. We recommend to switch to Nouveau driver as needed. If you however need the Nvidia driver, you can get the PKGBUILDs of the 460.73.01 version and build your driver locally with makepkg or use the pre-compiled packages: nvida-utils, dkms and lib32 + precompiled .

Boots(or rather fails to boot) to blackscreen

Networking never loads, It just does fschk and then blackscreens at the point it would normally load in. I dont know if its an nvidia thing or something else. It is nvidia with my main monitor on display port.

Was able to rescue system with arch-chroot from a liveUSB with timeshift-autosnap backup

Ill be not updating my system until this nvidia thing is sorted out, or there is some way to get it functioning with an updated driver, thats a deal breaker for me.

1 Like

I have an Nvidia GTX 960 with the proprietary driver and two 1080p monitors, one connected to HDMI and the other to DVI. Will I be okay applying this update?

I updated anyways and it all seems to be okay with my configuration and both my monitors seem to be working.
It was also my first stable update after installing Pipewire and it works alright.
So, no problems on my part with:

• KDE Plasma
  • i5-4460
  • GTX 960
  • 16GB DDR3 RAM
  • Two 1080p monitors(HDMI, DVI)
1 Like

Lost compiz running on top of Mate. Mate is running fine, but compiz isn’t starting. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: OK seems i solved it myself … killing pamac, remove db lock, removing the locally newer pamac version and sudo update-grub did the trick for me … at least it is still working after a reboot.

Original post:
Well … i tried to update but now pamac ist stuck :frowning:

Is it save to kill the task :(?
==> Generating module dependencies
==> Creating gzip-compressed initcpio image: /boot/initramfs-5.12-x86_64-fallback.img
==> Image generation successful
Updating Grub-Bootmenu
Generating grub configuration file …
Found theme: /usr/share/grub/themes/manjaro/theme.txt
Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-5.12-x86_64
Found initrd image: /boot/amd-ucode.img /boot/initramfs-5.12-x86_64.img
Found initrd fallback image: /boot/initramfs-5.12-x86_64-fallback.img
Warning: os-prober will be executed to detect other bootable partitions.
It’s output will be used to detect bootable binaries on them and create new boot entries.
umount: /var/lib/os-prober/mount: das Ziel wird gerade benutzt.
rmdir: konnte ‘/var/lib/os-prober/mount’ nicht entfernen: Das Gerät oder die Ressource ist belegt
rmdir: konnte ‘/var/lib/os-prober/mount’ nicht entfernen: Das Gerät oder die Ressource ist belegt

After updating, my plasmashell (I think) doesn’t work. After splash screen I get black screen with no Plasma stuff, only cursor, sometimes I can open terminal over Yakuake if it starts automatically and then I can start other programs as usual, but still no task bar, workspaces desktops or anything.

plasmashell                                                                                                                                                                      130 ↵
plasmashell: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libKF5PlasmaQuick.so.5: undefined symbol: _ZN14KWindowEffects11slideWindowEP7QWindowNS_17SlideFromLocationEi
1 Like

Same problem here.
Not sure where to start no this one.

~ >>> kquitapp5 plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell                                                                   
"Application plasmashell could not be found using service org.kde.plasmashell and path /MainApplication."
~ >>>
neofetch
OS: Manjaro Linux x86_64                                                                
Kernel: 5.11.19-1-MANJARO                                                                  
Resolution: 3840x2160, 2560x1440                                                        
DE: Plasma                                                                              
WM: KWin                                                                                
Themes: Breeze Dark [Plasma], Breath [GTK2/3]                                            
Icons: breeze-dark [Plasma], breeze-dark [GTK2/3]                                       
Terminal: konsole Terminal Font: Noto Mono 10                                                             
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (16) @ 4.200GHz  
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060  
Memory: 2827MiB / 32085MiB
1 Like