[Stable Update] 2021-04-18 - Kernels, Mesa, Wine, Plasma5, KDE Frameworks, LibreOffice, Bluez

Not sure where to post this. I’m on stable and just got 175 updates but no announcement, which makes me a little nervous about updating :slight_smile:. Never had this happen before.

2 Likes

So don’t update until you see an announcement?

1 Like

Hi,

there was a stable update early this morning, I am wondering why there is no annoucement.

Thanks.

After upgrade I am currently having this problem.

Glad I’m not the only one.

happens to me always :smiley:
Just wait unless you are feeling lucky :-p

I also got an update, I went ahead and did the update. I usually check the update announcement/notes here on the forum first, but this time I didn’t, and I am surprised to see no announcement.

Anyway, Gnome keyring appears to be broken somehow after this update, which is concerning.

No announcement + broken gnome keyring !

Would be really nice to get an explanation from the manjaro team, why there was no announcement as there always is.

Patience. Some mirrors sync earlier than others. Announcement will be here soon. My question would instead be,
can a mod lock this thread already?

for the last couple updates, the actual update always was out hours before any sort of announcement on the forums. its not that hard to make the forum post first, and then start syncing all the mirrors, but i guess they would rather risk users mindlessly updating and getting problems that they dont have solutions for

Not meaning to stir anything up - I don’t follow updates with bated breath - just my first encounter with this and looking for some information.

Why isnt it updating in XFCE. When i try to update it says to downgrade packages and “Replace dbus-python with extra/python2-dbus? [Y/n]” and warns me that package installed is newer than community. When i click yes then it fails to update and when i click no it updates nvidia drivers though i have amd gpu :smile:

An announcement wouldn’t be bad,…and, then, close down this thread perhaps…but that’s just me. In which ever order things are done, needless to say I’m feeling lucky. So, I’m currently updating and crossing everything :smile:

1 Like

i refused the update because there are weird things and i get the following warnings
Kann Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllen:

• das Entfernen von raptor verletzt Abhängigkeit ‘raptor’ benötigt von liblrdf,
  • Entfernen Sie nach Möglichkeit liblrdf und versuchen Sie es erneut
  • das Entfernen von manjaro-settings-manager verletzt Abhängigkeit ‘manjaro-settings-manager’ benötigt von manjaro-settings-manager-kcm,
  • Entfernen Sie nach Möglichkeit manjaro-settings-manager-kcm und versuchen Sie es erneut
  • das Entfernen von manjaro-settings-manager verletzt Abhängigkeit ‘manjaro-settings-manager’ benötigt von manjaro-settings-manager-knotifier,
  • Entfernen Sie nach Möglichkeit manjaro-settings-manager-knotifier und versuchen Sie es erneut
  • das Entfernen von brltty verletzt Abhängigkeit ‘brltty’ benötigt von qemu,
  • Entfernen Sie nach Möglichkeit qemu und versuchen Sie es erneut
  • das Entfernen von raptor verletzt Abhängigkeit ‘libraptor2.so=0-64’ benötigt von rasqal,
  • Entfernen Sie nach Möglichkeit rasqal und versuchen Sie es erneut
  • das Entfernen von raptor verletzt Abhängigkeit ‘raptor>=2.0.6’ benötigt von redland,
  • Entfernen Sie nach Möglichkeit redland und versuchen Sie es erneut
  • das Entfernen von thunderbird verletzt Abhängigkeit ‘thunderbird>=78.10.0’ benötigt von thunderbird-i18n-de,
  • Entfernen Sie nach Möglichkeit thunderbird-i18n-de und versuchen Sie es erneut
  • das Entfernen von thunderbird verletzt Abhängigkeit ‘thunderbird>=78.10.0’ benötigt von thunderbird-i18n-en-us,
  • Entfernen Sie nach Möglichkeit thunderbird-i18n-en-us und versuchen Sie es erneut

Looks strange indeed. Did you use pamac or pacman?

i used pamac

Maybe try pacman instead (with a full refresh of the package db’s):

sudo pacman -Syyu

1 Like

thanks for reply, i was already thinking to clear the cache and update by console/terminal. i will try this but i’ll have to backup first.
thanks for your help

Just updated from terminal using pacman
Got some errors about vbox, but I’m using virlib now so it’s ok for me…

EDIT

Of course, I rebooted after the update and also got a notification about a new kernel (5.12) :wink:

Here’s my pacman log
https://pastebin.com/8gi3nbL5

[Stable Update] 2021-04-28 without announcement?
@all please update when announcement is public!

There’s no new thread in which to vote about the latest stable update, so I’m posting here. It worked well for me. The gnome-keyring issue someone mentioned above didn’t happen to me. All was smooth. There was 1 pacdiff file for makepkg and I merged its changes in with meld, keeping my personal change to make it use 3 threads maximum so I can use my computer while building.