[Stable Update] 2021-03-18 - Kernels, Plasma, Frameworks, LibreOffice, Firefox, Systemd

Sorry,no. See https://www.kernel.org/.

2 Likes

Looks like the popping and slowdown of audio is being reported in the pulseeffects github project. So mahbe best thing we can do is share our experience and help test.

1 Like

Also install pacnew-chaser to recall any updates in conf files and meld them.

2 Likes

Hi! Using ā€œplasmashell 5.21.3ā€ I updated my system, and now my lower panel seems to have frozen. I cannot click on anything. The time too is frozen. This only happened due to the update. How do I fix this? Thank you!

Edit: I must mention that everything else works fine. I can use my terminal and launch apps, update, install packages and everything is normal, it is just that the panel is frozen.

1 Like

This looks like a config issue - Plasma can be temperemental if messed with.

1. Try a new (test) user - if not clear then update us.
  2. If clear with a test user, start looking at hidden files/folders;

Stuff like .config .local/share/plasmaā€¦
Maybe just delete that panel and make a new one.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for you reply Ben, I changed my kernel to 5.4 LTS and now everything seems to work just fine. Thanks again.

Old fart here. Linux kernels used to be on a stable - experimental, cycle so I I still call anything that is not ā€œLTSā€ā€™, ā€œexperimentalā€, and youā€™re correct that the real new denomination is ā€œstableā€ although the real new usage is still the same as the old usage and thatā€™s ā€œexperimentalā€.

PM me so we can take this off-line.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So, this solution worked for meā€¦for the most part. The kdeinit5 failed. Wouldnā€™t run at all. I had to use the nmcli command to first connect to wifi before I could issue the suggested commands, which isnā€™t the easiest thing to do if youā€™re new. Also, the IgnorePkg line failed and I could not get it to work. Invalid permissions I believe was the error. That said, I was able to boot to my desktop and manually choose to not upgrade kio. So I guess my question is, do I just have to manually monitor to see when a new version is available and hope it works? Thanks

EDIT
This solution worked for me:

pacman -S kcoreaddons kdbusaddons kwindowsystem kcodecs kconfig kirigami2 kquickimageeditor knotifications ki18n

as suggested here:
(KDE could not find theme after update)

It would appear that NeoChat was the culprit in my case as well. Even though Iā€™d removed it, itā€™s git pulls had remained and caused problems.

Since Systemd 247.4 when using systemd-networkd with wg-quick@.service I have no wireguard connection after resume from suspend. 248rc4 version has the same problem. Had to downgrade to 247.3.

I have applied this update together with the previous two ones (I postponed for too long).

I had to remove packages like pulseaudio-equalizer, pulseaudio-jack and so on because they blocked the update.

Now Plasma says there is no audio device except PulseEffects Sink and PulseEffect Source.

So now I canā€™t get any audio output from my monitor, which is connected via DisplayPort.

I have already tried the PulseEffects solutions proposed in the know issues section. What can I try to have my audio back?

The warning about os-prober from the last update really should have been up the top again for this oneā€¦ anyway. it looks like manjaro-system-20210321-2-any checks / re-enables os-prober. But it would have been nice if an interactive warning had been put in as part of the prior ā€˜stableā€™ update for anyone who had dual-boot happeningā€¦ I didnā€™t read or update for that cycle, installed this one, and didnā€™t realise Windows was missing until the next day, and then had to check if I had a drive failure or something before I realised grub wasnā€™t os-probingā€¦ :-/

No other (new) issues with this update, other than getting comfortable with the new KDE menu! :wink:

(1/1) upgrading manjaro-system                                                       [################################################] 100%
==> Checking for 'os-prober' setup ...
    'os-prober' was already enabled by the user.

Thatā€™s because itā€™s not the way you append to files with sudo

echo "IgnorePkg = kio" | sudo tee -a /etc/pacman.conf

Someone with the permissions should edit this in.

But honestly, this is not the solution either, if you already have entries in IgnorePkg

1 Like

I added small fixes to this update-pack:

:: Different overlay package(s) in repository community x86_64

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                             PACKAGE               stable              testing
  gnome-shell-extension-dash-to-dock                 69-3                 69-4
                   linux54-rt-nvidia             460.39-3             460.56-1
                   linux59-rt-nvidia             460.39-1             460.56-1

:: Different overlay package(s) in repository extra x86_64

PACKAGE               stable              testing
                         kiconthemes                    -             5.80.0-2
1 Like

I found a small bug in this release:

when os-prober is enabled and kernel 4.19 is used, then update-grub generates another entry in grub.cfg:
Manjaro (20.1).
All other entries are correct (kernel 4.19, 4.14, memtestā€¦)

ā€¦ my error looks now:

NO issues for KDE desktop except Dual Boot.
NO Grub Menu.
Had to change GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=menu and add GRUB_DISABLE_OS-PROBER=false.
and update Grub.

file to short

There is a problem with that file. Reinstall the corresponding package plasma-framework when booted from usb and manjaro-chrooted into your installation.

Hi,

since the last update I have weird entrie in my menu as you can see in the screenshot.

Where does these entries (last two line) come from and how to remove them ?

Regards

now, with plasma 5.21, in menu search, we run ā€œkrunnerā€
so at you to view/disable krunner plugins in ā€œconfigurer krunnerā€ (as write last is a email !!!)

1 Like

ok butā€¦itā€™s not an email i have ! I have Google mail in Kmail but there is no such email in my email ccount. Thatā€™s why itā€™s weird. I didnā€™t have that with KDE 5.21.2

And in Krunner there is no plugin for email :frowning: