[Stable Update] 2021-02-09 - Kernels, Gnome 40-Alpha, KDE Apps 20.12.2, Systemd, Mesa, LibreOffice

The upgrade process worked without any problems. After a long time, I updated the packages again.

PulseEffects broke and I have no idea why and how to fix it. It just terminates after starting.

Edit: Installing gst-plugin-pipewire and manjaro-pipewire fixed it.

1 Like

system failed to boot.

/dev/sdaa2:clean…
[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules
[FAILED] Failed to start CLI Netfilter Manager

I tried both 5.4 and 5.10 kernel, alt+F2 brings tty so I guess there is light at the end of the tunnel. Please help! :mask:

please find details in following post:

@Argolo @rkk @Void Please open a new issue in the correct #support category and provide more information there as this thread is read by everyone posting here.

:crossed_fingers:

I am using Papirus icon theme in Manjaro XFCE. After updating, the icon of Thunar changed from something resembling files to a hammer. The icon of thunar is indeed a hammer, but in my opinion, the files icon looked better when pinned into the panel.

Is it a regression or an intended change?

Before
fm

After
thunar

A possible fix would be to manually edit the .desktop files, but that is not a permanent solution.

Otherwise, everything went smoothly. Libreoffice 7.1 seems to load faster than 7.0.

2 Likes

I got pulseeffects to work after installing gst-plugin-pipewire btw you need you all so need manjaro-pipewire. but rnnoise(noise reduction) is not working and i cant figure it out.

pulseeffects

(pulseeffects:27605): pulseeffects-WARNING **: 16:26:53.410: rnnoise plugin was not found!

(pulseeffects:27605): pulseeffects-WARNING **: 16:26:53.433: rnnoise plugin was not found!
Terminated

2 Likes
2 Likes

Installing gst-plugin-pipewire and manjaro-pipewire fixed it for me.

1 Like

This is only gnome Alpha.

Yup, same here (Gnome + Papirus). The files/Nautilus icon changed from the generic files icon (same as your before) to a set of drawers. Can’t find an issue for it yet on the Papirus Github, so I might make one tomorrow.

Hmm, apparently it’s intended: icons Thunar, Mousepad, Ristretto, Parole, XFCE Terminal Settings. Ch… · PapirusDevelopmentTeam/papirus-icon-theme@8fa919c · GitHub

2 Likes

Do let us know once you create a GitHub issue. They may only change it back if more people support it.

2 Likes

On my main PC, Gnome, I got the same error @anon80447176 had and fixed it with his suggestion:

sudo pacman -S gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons --overwrite /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/\*

then all went OK, no issue with gnome-terminal.

On my 3rd Gnome PC - no issues at all.

2 Likes

opencolorio1 and opencolorio are in conflict. Remove opencolorio?
Should I remove that package?

Hello. After the update on KDE, QEMU/KVM while it does load, any virtual machine will start and then I get a black screen on the whole computer which I can not recover from. Have to reboot. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Seems like the issue is with libvirt 1:7.0.0-2 since that seems to be the only package updated related to QEMU. Might be wrong but that is what it seems. Thanks.

Doesn’t this update contain the upgrade to “Gnome 40”? Looking at my machine after the update, I see:

DE: GNOME 3.38.3

Did mine not update correctly? Thanks in advance to everyone for your time and help, it is greatly appreciated!

All good here:
XFCE + linux510 + LUKS/BTRFS

Problems with audio. Front speaker is detected, rear speaker missing. They used to work before update.

$ inxi -Fazy
System:
  Kernel: 5.10.13-2-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.1 
  parameters: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-5.10-x86_64 
  root=UUID=45ce70ae-e979-41fd-8e1b-372b93d8c809 rw quiet apparmor=1 
  security=apparmor udev.log_priority=3 
  Desktop: GNOME 3.38.3 tk: GTK 3.24.24 wm: gnome-shell dm: GDM 3.38.2.1 
  Distro: Manjaro Linux 
Machine:
  Type: Desktop Mobo: Micro-Star model: MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C79) 
  v: 1.0 serial: <filter> UEFI: American Megatrends v: 1.30 date: 10/12/2020 
Audio:
  Device-1: Intel Comet Lake PCH cAVS vendor: Micro-Star MSI 
  driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel alternate: snd_soc_skl,snd_sof_pci 
  bus ID: 00:1f.3 chip ID: 8086:06c8 class ID: 0403 
  Device-2: NVIDIA GK110 High Definition Audio vendor: Gigabyte 
  driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel bus ID: 01:00.1 chip ID: 10de:0e1a 
  class ID: 0403 
  Device-3: Ruision UVC Camera type: USB driver: snd-usb-audio,uvcvideo 
  bus ID: 1-2:2 chip ID: fefe:4321 class ID: 0102 serial: <filter> 
  Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.10.13-2-MANJARO 
Bluetooth:
  Device-1: Intel type: USB driver: btusb v: 0.8 bus ID: 1-14:6 
  chip ID: 8087:0026 class ID: e001 
  Message: Required tool hciconfig not installed. Check --recommends 
Sensors:
  System Temperatures: cpu: 44.0 C mobo: N/A gpu: nvidia temp: 43 C 
  Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A gpu: nvidia fan: 22% 

Gnome 40 is development version.

The update was flawless!!!
Updated from terminal and rebooted afterwards.
(xfce - kernel 5.10)

Thank you Manjaro Team!!!

1 Like