[Stable Update] 2021-02-09 - Kernels, Gnome 40-Alpha, KDE Apps 20.12.2, Systemd, Mesa, LibreOffice

I think it’s only extension preparations for Gnome 40 ahead of actual Gnome 40 release.

I’m seeing an issue with the graphics.
First noticed watching Plex Media Player, sound continued but desktop froze.
After a hard restart, I tried again and got a freeze on opening Firefox.
I’ll try a rebuild of PlexMediaPlayer and see if that clears it up…

No dice, now getting some bad flickering etc. I got one screenshot.

Has anyone checked the load with the ryzen iGPU? I did a clean install a week ago - after reboot the system boots to a black screen. Terminal works, but startx ends with an error.

Got it, thanks for replay!

I removed VLC just in case, no issues after the newest system update.
Stable branch of 5.4, KDE Plasma with 1700+ packages.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Powerdevil: “Charge thresholds not supported” with ddcutil 1.0.0

My system’s set up in canadian french for the language, and on France for the formats. I use GNOME desktop on the stable branch and with the LTS kernel. The upgrading process itself went alright!
After upgrade and reboot, french and english were mixed in the interface, and all locales got removed.

Solution that worked for me:

1. Open Manjaro Settings.
  2. Reinstall and reconfigure every locale, so French (Canada) as default for language interface and French (France) for default formats.
  3. Reinstall the language packages. They were automatically listed by Manjaro Settings, so I just had to launch the installation as usual.
  4. Reboot.
  5. Open GNOME settings to check the locales were successfully set. (Language and Country.)
  6. Edit the format which was set on Canada instead of France. Language was already correctly set.

I could fix it after reading the previous posts about locales vanishing. Thanks guys for the update and the posts! :3

I have some weird flickering as well. Since December tbh. After awhile video in youtube would be completely broken. And random menus etc would flicker in weird ways. It randomly started usually after few days of uptime.

Anyway, after this update everything flickers pretty much immediately, so I reverted back to previous update. Changing compositor from 3.1 to 2.0 didn’t help.

I logged in my test user to play tonights bedtime story, seems settled ATM but no time to play now.

Annoyingly, no matter how long I edit my Latte-dock sys-tray to NOT ‘auto-color’ my dropbox and update icons, the setting always seems to revert.

I’ll have more time tomorrow to see if it re-occurs, or if three reboots has chased it away…

EDIT:
Solved by
sudo pacman-key --populate manjaro

The upgrade process worked without any problems. After a long time, I updated the packages again.

PulseEffects broke and I have no idea why and how to fix it. It just terminates after starting.

Edit: Installing gst-plugin-pipewire and manjaro-pipewire fixed it.

1 Like

system failed to boot.

/dev/sdaa2:clean…
[FAILED] Failed to start Load Kernel Modules
[FAILED] Failed to start CLI Netfilter Manager

I tried both 5.4 and 5.10 kernel, alt+F2 brings tty so I guess there is light at the end of the tunnel. Please help! :mask:

please find details in following post:

@Argolo @rkk @Void Please open a new issue in the correct #support category and provide more information there as this thread is read by everyone posting here.

:crossed_fingers:

I am using Papirus icon theme in Manjaro XFCE. After updating, the icon of Thunar changed from something resembling files to a hammer. The icon of thunar is indeed a hammer, but in my opinion, the files icon looked better when pinned into the panel.

Is it a regression or an intended change?

Before
fm

After
thunar

A possible fix would be to manually edit the .desktop files, but that is not a permanent solution.

Otherwise, everything went smoothly. Libreoffice 7.1 seems to load faster than 7.0.

2 Likes

I got pulseeffects to work after installing gst-plugin-pipewire btw you need you all so need manjaro-pipewire. but rnnoise(noise reduction) is not working and i cant figure it out.

pulseeffects

(pulseeffects:27605): pulseeffects-WARNING **: 16:26:53.410: rnnoise plugin was not found!

(pulseeffects:27605): pulseeffects-WARNING **: 16:26:53.433: rnnoise plugin was not found!
Terminated

2 Likes
2 Likes

Installing gst-plugin-pipewire and manjaro-pipewire fixed it for me.

1 Like

This is only gnome Alpha.

Yup, same here (Gnome + Papirus). The files/Nautilus icon changed from the generic files icon (same as your before) to a set of drawers. Can’t find an issue for it yet on the Papirus Github, so I might make one tomorrow.

Hmm, apparently it’s intended: icons Thunar, Mousepad, Ristretto, Parole, XFCE Terminal Settings. Ch… · PapirusDevelopmentTeam/papirus-icon-theme@8fa919c · GitHub

2 Likes