[Stable Update] 2020-12-03 - Xorg-Server, Plasma 5.20.4, Cinnamon 4.8.0, Deepin, KDE-git

Everything fine except that Pamac dont work

pamac-manager

** Message: 14:32:34.520: flatpak_plugin.vala:125: last flathub appstream refresh is older than 8
** Message: 14:32:34.521: flatpak_plugin.vala:126: refreshing flathub appstream data

(process:2486): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 14:32:35.545: /etc/xdg/kde-mimeapps.list contains a [Added Associations] group, but it is not permitted here. Only the non-desktop-specific mimeapps.list file may add or remove associations.

(pamac-manager:2486): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 14:32:35.549: g_application_run: assertion ‘acquired_context’ failed

1 Like

It work again, i just disablet flatpak

sudo sed -i -e /EnableFlatpak/d /etc/pamac.conf

It occurred here and I decided to disable the plugin for flatpak.
Problem solved and pamac works.

Changing the rendering backend from OpenGL 2.0 to OpenGL 3.1 seems to solve the issue. For other settings, scale method is set to accurate and Tearing prevention (vsync) is set to Automatic.

Manjaro hello is not working because require Pamac 9 but today there was update to Pamac 10 in stable

Same issue as above, Manjaro Hello will not open. Also, Flatpaks will not install using Pamac 10. It simply says “Nothing to do” when I click “Apply”.

I also received the update to Pamac 10.0.0-1 , today 2020-12-19; is no longer able to check updates from AUR packages: the previous release of Pamac, instead, was able, was indicating me that there were some AUR packages to update.

We have downgraded pamac back to 9.5.12, however kept pamac-dev on the higher version. People can still switch to testing to see if there are issues. If there are some, please report, as we developer won’t have time to read the forums.

3 Likes

Will we get full update before New Year?

So if the packages are downgraded in the repo, should I downgrade what I already upgraded, or wait to see if their are new 10 packages in the near future?

Also for KDE users (if they upgraded before the downgrade) , as discussed in the pamac forum section the tray indicator gets a replacement called pamac-tray-icon plasma, and you can remove the other one.

I simply checked “Enable downgrade” in Pamac’s preferences under the “Advanced” tab, refreshed my databases, and let Pamac take care of itself after that. So now I’m back on Pamac 9 until they get 10 ready again. I’m actually really thankful for the downgrade feature for this very reason, and I’m a little embarrassed I ignored it for so long. :sweat_smile:

Also Pamac 10 can not install packages with optional dependency it is crashing always, e.g. libreoffice-fresh

@MartinLocheed Thank you very much !!

I got problem in my Manjaro Gnome Stable after yesterday pacman update 9.5.12-1 → 10.0.0-1. Manjaro Hello did not open or react in any way except uninstall/re-install. Perhaps something else did not work properly, I don’t know.

I made pacman downgrade (from 10 back to 9) as you advised and now Manjaro Hello works again OK. :slightly_smiling_face:

Question: Is it safe to keep pacman setting ‘Enable downgrade’ in force after this or should I disable it ?? Does this setting downgrade something else besides (or in addition to) pacman ?

1 Like

It is safe to keep it enabled. I usually recommend enabling that as part of the initial manjaro install for my users. Usually if a package version is lower in the repos than it is on your computer, there’s a reason, and you are generally advised to keep the packages on your system in sync with those in the repos.

2 Likes

@lectrode Thank you for instructions ! :slightly_smiling_face:

as doing downgrade, pamac have disappeared from repos and only -dev version have remained

pacman -Ss pamac
extra/pamac-cli-dev 10.0.0-1.0
    A Package Manager based on libalpm with AUR and Appstream support
extra/pamac-common-dev 10.0.0-1.0
extra/pamac-flatpak-plugin-dev 10.0.0-1.0
    Flatpak plugin for Pamac
extra/pamac-gnome-integration-dev 10.0.0-1.0
    Pamac gnome integration
extra/pamac-gtk-dev 10.0.0-1.0
extra/pamac-qt 0.3.2-2
    A Qt5 frontend for libalpm - prerelease version
extra/pamac-snap-plugin-dev 10.0.0-1.0
    Snap plugin for Pamac
extra/pamac-tray-icon-plasma 0.1.2-2
    Pamac tray icon for plasma users

Yeah I just got this from yay

:: Searching AUR for updates...
 -> Missing AUR Packages:  pamac-common  pamac-flatpak-plugin  pamac-gtk
 -> Flagged Out Of Date AUR Packages:  megasync-nopdfium
:: 2 Packages to upgrade.
2  aur/jackett    0.17.103-1 -> 0.17.118-1
1  aur/pamac-cli  9.5.12-1   -> 10.0.0-1
==> Packages to exclude: (eg: "1 2 3", "1-3", "^4" or repo name)
==> 
:: Checking for conflicts...
:: Checking for inner conflicts...
 -> 
Package conflicts found:
 -> Installing pamac-cli will remove: pamac-gtk (pamac)
 -> Conflicting packages will have to be confirmed manually
[Repo Make:1]  itstool-1:2.0.6-2
[Aur:2]  jackett-0.17.118-1  pamac-cli-10.0.0-1

==> Remove make dependencies after install? [y/N] 

Don’t know what’s happening exactly.

2 Likes

pamac-cli wants to update. Should I update it or how to prevent it from update?

Not from the AUR, no.

It looks solid and even launch with flatpak plugin installed. I’ll test it more deeply tomorrow.