[Stable Update] 2020-12-03 - Xorg-Server, Plasma 5.20.4, Cinnamon 4.8.0, Deepin, KDE-git

I just updated 3 computers (KDE). The Add/Remove Software doesn’t launch on my main computer, but works on the other two!
I even did an update via pamac and still Add/Remove Software doesn’t launch.
yay -Syua

System:
Kernel: 5.4.80-2-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 10.2.0
Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.20.4 Distro: Manjaro Linux
Machine:
Type: Desktop Mobo: Gigabyte model: B85M-DS3H-A v: x.x serial:
BIOS: American Megatrends v: F2 date: 08/10/2015

I’m intrigued, what is the top logo in the image that’s at version 4.14?

Xfce…

Update went fine: linux59 + XFCE + BTRFS

It’s Xfce logo. This desktop environment isn’t as popular as the other two and is mainly aimed at lower-resource machines. Manjaro makes a good use of it – it looks slick and it’s the default Manjaro DE.

1 Like

I am not sure this is the update that reached my machine earlier today (different Cinnamon version), but my machine does not boot after updating the system. I started a thread here:

The update I got upgraded Cinnamon to version 4.8 (and not 4.6.7)!?!?

:joy: true but I have a high performance machine and use XFCE anyway :wink: use it because it is solid

6 Likes

I just updated 3 computers (KDE). The Add/Remove Software doesn’t launch on my main computer, but works on the other two!

After the update I’m experiencing this issue too

pamac-manager 
** Message: 19:56:50.686: flatpak_plugin.vala:125: last flathub appstream refresh is older than 0
** Message: 19:56:50.687: flatpak_plugin.vala:126: refreshing flathub appstream data

(pamac-manager:3388): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: 19:56:51.081: g_application_run: assertion 'acquired_context' failed

I am getting this issue:

(61/61) checking keys in keyring                                                                                                              [#######################################################################################] 100%
(61/61) checking package integrity                                                                                                            [#######################################################################################] 100%
(61/61) loading package files                                                                                                                 [#######################################################################################] 100%
(61/61) checking for file conflicts                                                                                                           [#######################################################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
xf86-video-intel: /usr/bin/intel-virtual-output exists in filesystem
xf86-video-intel: /usr/lib/libI810XvMC.so exists in filesystem
xf86-video-intel: /usr/lib/libI810XvMC.so.1 exists in filesystem
xf86-video-intel: /usr/lib/libI810XvMC.so.1.0.0 exists in filesystem
xf86-video-intel: /usr/lib/libIntelXvMC.so exists in filesystem
xf86-video-intel: /usr/lib/libIntelXvMC.so.1 exists in filesystem
xf86-video-intel: /usr/lib/libIntelXvMC.so.1.0.0 exists in filesystem
xf86-video-intel: /usr/lib/xf86-video-intel-backlight-helper exists in filesystem
xf86-video-intel: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so exists in filesystem
xf86-video-intel: /usr/share/licenses/xf86-video-intel/COPYING exists in filesystem
xf86-video-intel: /usr/share/man/man4/intel-virtual-output.4.gz exists in filesystem
xf86-video-intel: /usr/share/man/man4/intel.4.gz exists in filesystem
xf86-video-intel: /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.x.xf86-video-intel.backlight-helper.policy exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
error installing repo packages

I am using the video-linux driver. Not sure if that is what is being referenced or not.
I am unsure of how to resolve this issue. Thank you

Edit: I have resolved my issue. I simply removed the files that were in conflict and I was allowed to reinstall/install the video driver.

1 Like

Just installed it’s as fresh install. System is very laggy and unresponsive. Can’t do anything to be honest. Everything opening slow and freeze. KDE version.

try this sudo balooctl disable this will disable the file indexer, it makes my computer slow

I have to agree with some of the others. My system has been very laggy and just froze on me after the this update. I was watching a video and my screen froze but the audio kept on playing. Had to power off my computer and turn it back on.

Edit: Not sure if it matters, but when I checked my currently installed drivers, the video-linux driver was not installed. Nor was any other driver installed. I did disable balooctl, which was suggested above, then I reinstalled the video-linux driver and then rebooted.

No issues so far with KDE.

Hopefully my plasmashell will stop bugging out and needing to be manually terminated and restarted every so often, but at this point I believe this is an issue with Virtualbox’s vmsvga implementation. (install is a guest on a windows system.)

Also got confused by the package release before the Stable release announcement :confused: but had no problem updating with pamac. :blush: Running 5.9. First impressions doing the Cinnamon jump from 4.6.7 to 4.8.0 worked with no issues for me and feels a bit faster, some icons changed like nemo. So far so good :+1:

Your solution is now part of the “Known issues”! Thanks for feeding back…

:+1:

Also please read this:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with menus

Updated, and unusually rebooted, tonight 3. december and after that pamac doesn’t start in cinnamon. Kernel 5.8.18-1.

@fhins and @galeot: do a flatpak update from the console and try to fire up discover again (also from a console). If this does not work try flatpak repair. Let me know if it worked :slight_smile:

KDE Plasma, kernel 5.4.80-2, just finished a quick update. A rapid and very smooth reboot and experiencing no apparent problems.

Cheers :+1:

My Pacman seems buggy on Minimize/Maximize/Close after update to kde 5.20.3 and now 5.20.4!