[Stable Update] 2020-11-18 - Kernels, Plasma5, Frameworks, Thunderbird, Firefox, Mesa

Stuck to black screen too.
Update of sddm doesn’t change the situation.

2 Likes

If I understood that correctly it implies that user-manager-git is an obsolete package as well and should probably be removed.

There is three orphan. guile , lib32-attr and startup-notification. Can I uninstall them?

Is the DP-alt mode fixed for the Pinebook Pro? I don’t see it anymore in the list of older issues

In Kernel series 5.9x I cannot mount loop iso by gnome-disk utility.

Just upgraded on Manjaro KDE and my Flatpak icons disappeared. They are still installed but not available in Plasma desktop. When launching flatpak from command line I get the message:

Note that the directories  

'/var/lib/flatpak/exports/share'
'/home/markus/.local/share/flatpak/exports/share'

are not in the search path set by the XDG_DATA_DIRS environment variable, so
applications installed by Flatpak may not appear on your desktop until the
session is restarted.

The very same issue is described by @squidink7 here.

this update is not for arm

https://forum.manjaro.org/c/arm/stable-updates/79

1 Like

the redrawing problem still exists, when mesa version is 20.2.2-2

1 Like

Hi, after updating (Manjaro KDE) startup-notification 0.123-7 appears as an orphan.
Can it be removed?
Greetings

After the update & reboot, desktop on my desktop on primary display went black, without wallpaper image, but with functional panel and start menu. Mouse right click on primary desktop didn’t work at all. I changed resolution for primary display only to some other resolution and back to default, and everything went fine again. Wallpaper was visible and right mouse click works again.

After the update and the restart sddm failed to start, but the additional update with sddm fix helped. Although now I’m unable to change the brightness on kernel 5.9.8-2, but luckily on experimental 5.10.rc4.d1117.g0fa8ee0-1 brightness works.
I tried reinstalling drivers but it didn’t helped, same for changing value in /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness. Probably something with kernel or its acpi_backlight setting, since the update to experimental helped. I haven’t been trying manually setting acpi_osi=Linux or anything like that.

1 Like

Use i915.enable_dpcd_backlight=0 as boot parameter to fix backlight problem

4 Likes

I had a minor issue with my system becoming very unresponsive on the first reboot. I think this was to do with thunderbird. No issues thereafter. :crossed_fingers:

after this update I have problem booting from luks encrypted volume. using kernel 5.9 after grub when kernel must boot it says ERROR /dev/mapper/luks… not found. I was suspecting on kernel installed kernel 5.4 from live system. But have same issue. there is no /dev/mapper directory at all. Could someone help please?

after this update I have problem booting from luks encrypted volume. using kernel 5.9 after grub when kernel must boot it says ERROR /dev/mapper/luks… not found. I was suspecting on kernel installed kernel 5.4 from live system. But have same issue. there is no /dev/mapper directory at all. Could someone help please?

Same issue here

downgrading grub to previous version 2.04-11.1 did not help

Do you have systemd hook in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf?

no this is all I have in

HOOKS=(base udev autodetect modconf block filesystems keyboard fsck)

should I add systemd to Hooks of /etc/mkinitcpio.conf?

this was indeed an issue with yay, together with yay not being able to create a config file if there already wasnt one, an update released a day ago for yay was included in this round of updates here

1 Like