[Stable Update] 2020-11-04 - Kernels, Nvidia 455.38, LibreOffice, Plasma5, Frameworks, Apps, Gnome 3.38, Deepin

Those which are the ones of KDE Plasma? Those are broken by ages.

Left alone the analog clock widget, I stopped using KDE’s default buildin widgets because I lost faith in that the KDE developers maintained them.

Well those are one of the main reasons i chose KDE :confused:
Which widget system do you use then?

I’m facing a problem with audio after this update, whenever I connect my earphone and if my laptop suspends for some time then automatically audio gets muted and I’m not able to hear any sound from laptop even after I reconnect my earphone. I don’t know it’s a bug or not but it freaks me out everytime. How to resolve it @philm???

Just KDE’s widget system.

But I’m using only KDE’s buildin analog clock widget. I removed the other monitoring widgets from my desktop.

“I have this problem too!”

After the upgrade, my default audio output (Line Out) gets automagically quieted (presumably by pulseaudio) per application. Any way to keep it to max volume?

Addition:
I fired up alsamixer -c 0 and turned “Auto-Mute Mode” to “Disabled”. Time will tell if it helps. Nope, didn’t help immediately. Maybe after a reboot which I won’t do now yet. Nope, didn’t work at all.

I suspect it is due the installation of alsa-card-profiles and the upgrade of alsa-utils (1.2.3-2 -> 1.2.4-2).

However the documentation is available about it is veeeeery scarce. At least I expect within its code repo a description of what value it adds, how to config it and the pitfalls when implementing it within a system.

1 Like

I think that is some problem with name apps. I solved it manually with dconf editor, replacing in /org/gnome/shell/favorite-apps, “pamac-manager.desktop” with “org.manjaro.pamac.manager.desktop”.

Actually this will lead to double pamac’s on every open. Just edit pamac-manager.desktop and change NoDisplay=true to false, and now you have one as before.

I am on Manjaro Gnome. The update went fine but after the update, several applications have keyboard lag. I.e. when I use gedit, evolution (writing plain text emails), etc some output keystrokes freeze until 1 second. It is very annoying writing text. Anothers applications like terminal, libreoffice have not problems.

I dont know how to find the cause. Any idea? Anyone with the same problem?

1 Like

just start in one terminal journalctl -f and look what’s the problem wile typing

I also ran into multiple pulseaudio issues,
I tried to downgrade but that wasn’t working.

Interestingly, I compared my /etc/pulse/default.pa to the new /etc/pulse/default.pa.pacnew and adjusted my default.pa to match the pacnew version and pulseaudio is now working for me.

It must have been invalid configs in my default.pa file.

I would suggest trying this if downgrading is not an option for anyone!

1 Like

Yeah downgrading definitely didn’t turn out to be a magic fix. Even after downgrading I still have to mess around with restarting pulseaudio for it to work, and for instance when starting JACK the pulseaudio-jack bridge just completely kills PA with the downgraded version. I think I only changed the default sampling rates in daemon.conf, so I’ll try to see if adding that to the updated version also fixes it for me, thanks!

EDIT: The new version of PulseAudio still fails to connect to my audio interface:

nov 12 16:43:51 desktop pulseaudio[30122]: Failed to load module "module-alsa-card" (argument: "device_id="3" name="usb-Focusrite_Scarlett_18i8_USB_10002F54-00" card_name="alsa_card.usb-Focusrite_Scarlett_18i8_USB_10002F54-00" namereg_fail=false tsched=yes fixed_latency_range=no ignore_dB=no deferred_volume=yes use_ucm=yes avoid_resampling=no card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1""): initialization failed.
1 Like

I had this problem and it turned out to be the gtk3 theme i was using, Changing the GTK3 Theme to a newer theme worked for me, I no longer have keyboard lag on some apps.

But i am having very long shut down time, i would say 2 mins + with just a blank black screen with a white flashing cursor.

At Manjaro Forums, i’m not a new member but my old log-in would not work and send an email option did not work either, so had to make a new Log-in.

1 Like

Will there be stable ISOs on Friday?

Downgrade mesa to 20.1.8

1 Like

@oberon

tnx for today update to the latest version of freeoffice :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hi,
The only problem I experimented since the update is that my voice on the video conference platforms is lower than the last time.

journalctl -xb | grep audio    
nov 13 19:01:20 jochoa kernel: snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0: autoconfig for ALC3227: line_outs=1 (0x14/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0) type:speaker
nov 13 19:01:20 jochoa kernel: snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0:    speaker_outs=0 (0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
nov 13 19:01:20 jochoa kernel: snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0:    hp_outs=1 (0x21/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
nov 13 19:01:20 jochoa kernel: snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0:    mono: mono_out=0x0
nov 13 19:01:20 jochoa kernel: snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0:    inputs:
nov 13 19:01:20 jochoa kernel: snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0:      Mic=0x19
nov 13 19:01:20 jochoa kernel: snd_hda_codec_realtek hdaudioC1D0:      Internal Mic=0x12
nov 13 19:01:41 jochoa systemd[788]: Not generating service for XDG autostart app-pulseaudio-autostart.service, startup phases are not supported.
nov 13 19:01:59 jochoa plasma_session[842]: org.kde.plasma.session: Starting autostart service  "/etc/xdg/autostart/pulseaudio.desktop" ("/usr/bin/start-pulseaudio-x11")
nov 13 19:02:02 jochoa dbus-daemon[708]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.freedesktop.RealtimeKit1' unit='rtkit-daemon.service' requested by ':1.49' (uid=1000 pid=962 comm="/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no --log-target=jo")
nov 13 19:02:06 jochoa dbus-daemon[708]: [system] Activating via systemd: service name='org.bluez' unit='dbus-org.bluez.service' requested by ':1.53' (uid=1000 pid=962 comm="/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no --log-target=jo")
nov 13 19:02:31 jochoa pulseaudio[962]: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

Hope it helps, regards

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Stable update feedback

I have some problem

I also experience screen “lag” when switching tabs in Firefox.
Switched from x to wayland and this seems fixed now.

Switched by updating
/etc/gdm/custom.conf
WaylandEnable=true

Ensured wayland is used with:
loginctl session-status|grep Service:
Service: gdm-password; type wayland; class user

The too slow events are stilled logged.