[Stable Update] 2020-10-19 - Kernels, Nvidia 455, Browsers,

This package no longer exists at AUR.

2 Likes

SUPER smooth with 5.8, GNOME and Nvidia 455.

2 Likes

So far no additional issues which rised up due previous issues.

Could the commands for Resolving the nvidia-450-xx-utils vs nvidia-440xx-utils conflict be executed in a Konsole or Yakuake terminal window? Or has it be in a barebone tty like the recommended way of updating Manjaro?

Question about that directory permission difference of dhpcd: Isn’t there a way to repackage this package with an additional post_upgrade or post_transaction hook which chmods the directory with the correct permissions?

Amended here

Just updated, the problem with Nvidia was fix by

sudo pacman -Syy
sudo pacman -S manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman -Suu

Use virtualbox-ext-oracle. Known issues post is updated.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: VMware: cant detect vmmon

I already use this package, I was just informing you.

The Manjaro team could make this package available, many are unaware that they have to use a version below that available at AUR.

which one did you mean?

Anyone else having lag issues with KDE? It just feels so much slower and more laggy after 455, and I can’t downgrade because that breaks Steam. God I wish I hadn’t updated…

Smooth update on KDE , 5.4 with nvidia 450 via tty and pacman as always . Upgraded to nvidia 455 , no issues , system running fast and smooth .

up @nightmare-2021 @philm can you please have a look at nvidia 450 please. two packages on the previous version still.

Very smooth update! No issues so far (KDE stable)
P.S. download links for all ISO’s (minimal) not updated yet, and the sha1 for the gnome ISO is incorrect

Thank you

That seems to be a bug in Manjaro - Branch Compare. The versions are up-to-date in pamac / pacman.
Let’s look at the cause of this.
Thanks for the hint!

3 Likes

Sorry I only use Testing now and stopped going back and forth between branches :smiley: I’m lazy and have slow netspeed. I’ll try to verify better next time if this is possible that branch compare bugs sometimes (now I think about it, not really complicated, I just need to change branches and force refresh my DB, to have a look on other branches from Pamac :wink: ).

Cheers :tropical_drink:

Finally got around updating.
VLC and Eric python developer show huge fonts. Possibly something to do with gtk…
Way back, someone gave me a solution, but I forgot…
I need to start wrtiting things down…
Thanks for helping
Melissa

Because of that conflict I had to uninstall 450 drivers, install updates and then install 455.

An amend to my previous post: Today I had the problem that sudo rejected my correct password (but su worked). The issue was resolved after reinstalling pambase. I did not had the (known) issues with pambase before. It feels like somehow the problem appeared out of the blue.

As your public profile is hidden, I cannot contact you but you can edit your own posts like this:

:+1:

Thanks for the help. I think I used the wrong word here. I did not meant it as a truly amend, but more as an addition. I placed my finding in a separate comment to keep things date-separated.

AFAIK it is not disallowed to post multiple comments in a topic.

Quite interesting that a previous post get a link to the following post when you start the following post with “An amend to my previous post”.

Nah, I did that manually om je te jennen:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: