Running Steam on manjarolinux 20.1.2 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Pins up-to-date!
Steam client’s requirements are satisfied”

2 Likes
2 Likes

Same here :frowning:

1 Like

Trying to update my manjaro-keyring along with installing/updating some other packages but there seems to be a PGP key issue which isn’t allowing the updates to go through.

Packages (1) manjaro-keyring-20200929-1
Total Installed Size: 0.16 MiB
Net Upgrade Size: 0.00 MiB
:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] Y
(1/1) checking keys in keyring
downloading required keys…
:: Import PGP key CAA6A59611C7F07E, “Philip Müller philm@manjaro.org”? [Y/n] Y
error: key “CAA6A59611C7F07E” could not be looked up remotely
error: required key missing from keyring
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Once it gave me this error it moved on trying to install the packages:

(13/13) checking keys in keyring [###########################################################] 100%
downloading required keys…
:: Import PGP key CAA6A59611C7F07E, “Philip Mueller philm@manjaro.org”? [Y/n] Y
error: key “CAA6A59611C7F07E” could not be looked up remotely
:: Import PGP key 9C08A255442FAFF0, “Jonathon Fernyhough jonathon@manjaro.org”? [Y/n] Y
error: key “9C08A255442FAFF0” could not be looked up remotely
:: Import PGP key 428F7ECC7117F726, “Helmut Stult helmut@manjaro.org”? [Y/n] Y
error: key “428F7ECC7117F726” could not be looked up remotely
error: required key missing from keyring
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Yes.
As @Fabby said, remove the 5.7 kernel, because it is EOL now (EOL= End of Life), you don’t need it anymore, and if you want, install the 5.4 kernel (that LTS kernel=Long Time Suport).
Btw, it is advisable to have two kernels installed.

2 Likes

Replacing the 450 Nvidia drivers to the latest 455 drivers solved my problem.

1 Like

@itsKia2: Try this

1. Remove old (and possibly broken) keys by entering this command:

sudo rm -r /etc/pacman.d/gnupg 

2. Reinstall keyrings including the latest keys:

sudo pacman -Sy gnupg archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring

3. Initialize the pacman keyring:

sudo pacman-key --init 

4. Load the signature keys:

sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro 

5. Refresh and update the signature keys:

sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys 

6. Clear out the software packages downloaded during the aborted installation (optional):

sudo pacman -Sc
5 Likes
2 Likes

Manjaro Gnome, kernel 5.9.1, till now no issues found after the update.

1 Like

My xhci_pci warning appears to have gone in this update, so I guess something got fixed.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response, but installing nvidia driver 455 fixed my problem.

1 Like

I fixed this issue by replacing the 450 Nvidia driver to 455 driver as you mentioned here. Now Steam is working properly and I can play my games again.

For those who wonder how to update the driver, follow these instructions, but before doing mhwd --install pci Your455Family and right after doing pamac remove for each driver installed (including the 450 driver) - which you can list by typing mhwd --listinstalled - you also have to uninstall each of the driver installed (ex. for removing the 450 driver: mhwd --remove pci Your450Family). This last part is not mentioned in the linked tutorial, but I had to do those steps to be able install the 455 driver.

I’m using Kernel 5.4.72-1 LTS (Recommended).

2 Likes

Kernel 5.9 breaks my bluetooth mouse connection. Need to reconnect after each reboot. This only affects my bluetooth mouse but not my bluetooth keyboard.
It’s a knowm issue and apperently affects all bluetooth devices that only support BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy). EDR and LE bluetooth devices are not affected.

Same thing with steam. Checked twice, broke twice. Might be tied with the guy having problems with wine games.

cinnamon 5.4, all good, thanks again.

1 Like

Update was clean, but a few things to note…

Getting my system updated along with VMWare Workstation 16 and Nvidia 455:

Nvidia drivers very easily and cleanly with the Manjaro Settings Manager BUT you need to uninstall cuda for some reason to get it to not error out. Just install it again after updating.

VMWare Workstation 16 needs its modules updated. Best way to do this whenever there is a new kernel is to reinstall it from the AUR. After it has updated the dkms modules reboot and type in a terminal:

modprobe -a vmw_vmci vmmon

this should load the modules needed to keep vmware working. I do this every time I update as well. Just thought I should post this to help anyone who is confused by this as much as I used to be.

2 Likes

Thanks for the informations.

Update on 2 computers (KDE plasma) without problem.
However I cannot use linux59 because linux59-nvidia-390xx is not in the repositories. Will it come later?

Edit :

I will wait.
2 Likes

Steps 1 through 5 I had tried but apparently the last step is crucial to making it all work. thank you.

Both my Wifi and my ethernet stop working after updating to 5.9. (I am now in 5.8 again because I know it works). The vote/poll said to post about my problems so I am.

2 Likes