[Stable Update] 2020-10-01 - Kernels, Mesa, KDE-Framework, Deepin, Systemd, Pamac, Xorg-Server, Qt

Same issue here, there also seems to be an issue with logout - it takes forever, some apps don’t close.

Terminal also flickers like crazy and is unusable, but my attempts at taking a screenshot failed - it somehow resets itself when you try capturing it.

Same problem.

Everything works in gnome…thanks manjaro team…there was a issue…terminal theme was changed…wanted to change to system and terminal became unstable …so i tweak the color to my system and terminal works fine now…

zsh is the new default shell in gnome

Got the following warning:

[2020-10-01T18:56:10+0200] [ALPM] warning: directory permissions differ on /root/
filesystem: 750  package: 755

Should I do:
sudo chmod 755 /root/

Questionmark

Is „fixed“ in the next update :wink:

1 Like

No. That’s the home folder of the root user and should not be readable by all.

1 Like

So leave as is.

Weird warning…weird warning indeed.

1 Like

Having an issue with optirun:
I cannot run anything with optirun, with the following error messages beign shown:

[  190.990364] [ERROR]Cannot access secondary GPU - error: [XORG] (EE) No devices detected.
[  190.990396] [ERROR]Aborting because fallback start is disabled.

However, runnning nvidia-smi (instead of optirun nvidia-smi) works!
Not sure why is this the case. Any help?

I had this same issue. No wallpaper, only dock. Also couldn’t use any keyboard shortcuts in my case.

I did ‘pamac install plasma’

and rebooted, and everything seems back to normal…

Just make sure you remove “discover” from the optional dependency list, its plasma’s package manager and trying to remove it once installed will also remove a lot of necessary dependencies and break your plasma

Thanks for the heads up.

More precisely releases before v69, if you installed it via AUR and is up-to-date, you should be fine.

I fixed adding in /etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nvidia file, line ’ BusID “PCI:01:00:0” ’ in Device secction

2 Likes

Hi, I just updated and my system doesn’t boot correctly. Is doesn’t appear the screen to login. I can see only the mouse pointer. If I go to ctrl alt f2 I can login at this terminal but can’t do nothing. No internet. Sorry but I don’t know even on how to start the troubleshooting.

After the update, I locked my screen and saw a message. See picture.

And many errors after restarting the laptop.

See link for error. I took pics from mobile. Sorry

imgur. com/a/4bI9sxo

First try in terminal unlock session executing “loginctl unlock-session 2”
and then execute “systemctl --failed” to view crashed services

Update went fine, except:
Had to install “linux58-bbswitch”.
“linux57-bbswitch” was installed also, i guess because I keep 57 around.
Had to switch from “None” to “Bbswitch” in Optimus Manager > Settings to be able to switch graphics.
“None” stopped working, no desktop after switch.

The second picture on my first post is on session 2

Here is output

imgur. com/gallery/wXCH9om

Hi,

Luckily I had no any issues on any of my two PCs after this update and especially not with this PAM/PAMBASE whatever because as a Linux noob Win veteran I understood like 1% of this fix/solution part :smiley: I could just reinstall or recover by Timeshift if I would run into this PAMBASE issue.

Although, I have entered the above

`sudo chmod 755 /var/lib/dhcpcd/’ “fix code” sucessfully without any issues.

Update went fine for me, i see i was lucky for not having any problems with Plasma.

1 Like

Ive been using it daily for about a month now without any problems on my Lenovo G500S laptop

2 Likes

Did two here, power PC nuclear station and 13y old convertible tablet and all went fine :wink: Amazing distro! I am gonna install this on two more PCs tomorrow, deleting their Win partitions.

2 Likes