I ardently use the 4.4. I read that the driver has to be removed (if I read correctly)…this would render the 4.4 unusable…any workarounds that would satisfy both paths: updating and using the 4.4?
It cannot be installed easily without mouse. Current bluez won’t connect to wireless mouse (known issue). Keyboard time? Trying to downgrade to bluez-git before the actual installation is wow, so hard. Try to add AUR, then install the package, then reset the bluetooth connection (which is claming to be connected but it’s not). Keyboard control is terrible, you don’t see what object is selected, Ctrl-Tab doesn’t work, Ctrl-PgUp/Down doesn’t overwrite inner UI objects so it works only sometimes, no “Alt keys”, no Enter as default action (Space needs to be used for buttons even if focused and selected). I’d think Linux would be excellent in this, but it’s opposite.
Manjaro has the best partitioning, but i couldn’t choose partition for EFI. I would like to use one EFI for Windows, one EFI for Linux.
Hello, after updating yesterday I couldn’t login. I followed the known issues advice (adding systems.unit=rescue.target in the boot options) but I get the error message “cannot open access to consol, the root account is locked” afterwards. How do I solve this?
I am having two problems with the update (one of which I solved and will post below this) and this one I haven’t figured out. For some reason after the update my system will never go up from it’s idle speed (800Mhz) to it’s turbo speed (3.3 to 3.6Ghz). I’ve checked the speed numbers using a number of ways (with both tools like turbostat and cpupower as well as empirically with building code and using the web browser). The cpu performance profile/governor is set to performance and cpupower-gui says that the minimum speed (800Mhz) and the maximum speed (2.7Ghz) are correct. At this point I’m not sure what to do next.
The second problem was that tigervnc broke because it included references to selinux specific packages and directories. This was broken in upstream version 1.11.0-2 and is fixed by picking up the 1.11.0-4 package from Arch. More details are in the arch Linux forum post titled " TigerVNC does not start after update" (unfortunately I can’t link to it).
Adding intel_pstate=active to the kernel command line worked. Thanks for a simple fix!
Also worth noting that you can get this change to be permanent by editing the /etc/default/grub file and adding intel_pstate=active to the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT variable.
Failed to start VirtualBox Guest VMSVGA resize client message on boot of Manjaro Linux Gnome guest on Vbox v6.114 on MacOS Catalina10.15.6 host.
Screen spams "Failed to start VirtualBox Guest VMSVGA resize client”, eventually GUI comes up, but on login hands and freezes on login screen. System was stable before this upgrade, looks like a newer kernel might have been swapped in. Previously working on 5.4 No GRUB menu on boot to choose a different kernel.
Can’t get a terminal window to open. Other than reinstall, any suggestions?
Hello! I thought it was my imagination that my Ivy Bridge laptop was running slower since I upgraded to kernel 5.8, but I followed your advice and added intel_pstate=active parameter to my grub configuration and my speed seems to be back to normal! I can’t believe I missed an Announcement about this issue?!?
Could you possibly (or someone else above my pay grade ) add something about this issue in the “Known issues and solutions” section? I don’t think I could explain the matter properly myself.
Regarding the known issue solution on nvidia, at that step:
I got an error where mhwd couldn’t find nvidia-video-450xx because it did not exist. Indeed the system was not updated!
I fixed it by updating everything with pacman -Syyuafter removing everything 440-related and before trying to install 450. The update went well.
But then, I had a config file conflict, so could not install 450 with mhwd. Mhwd still listed 440 as being installed, so I removed 440 with mhwd --remove pci nvidia-video440xx and then I could finally install the new 450 drivers.
Probably happened because I didn’t update manjaro for a while.
I suggest someone add this precision in the solution if it makes sense!
Thanks for everything, and RIP to the old forum xD