[Stable Update] 2020-09-11 - Kernels, Gnome 3.36.6, MHWD, Pamac, VirtualBox

That’s due to 5.8.8 breaking Gparted (parted is still working). So it’s not stable yet…

linux-latest may take some time to update.
It’s as you said, once linux-latest will be updated it will point to linux58 and you could remove linux57.
In the meantime you can download manually linux58 and have both (or more) kernels.

All went fine on my main machine via TYY update, GNOME, 5.4 Kernel and NVIDIA 440.

Keep up the good work!

directory permissions differ on /var/lib/mlocate/
filesystem: 755 package: 750

we corrected the paths on the server …

2 Likes

Hello @stargazer, [Stable Update] 2020-09-08 - Kernels, Mesa, Browsers, KDE Apps 20.08.1, Systemd, LibreOffice 7.0.1, Deepin - #7 by papajoke solution from previous update. :slight_smile:

Anyway to get rid of the org.freedesktop.home1 log messages?

Hey guys, just to mention that everything went fine (Kernel 5.8, NVIDIA 450). I just got a warning “Failed to parse ‘/usr/share/mime/packages/libreoffice.xml’” but I just ignored that lol and there was no issues.

Darn it. Thank you. I did a find in this thread, but not the forum.

No issue after update for me. Thanks manjaro team!

Everything went smoothly! And guess what my favorite part on this update?

Bitwarden

Yes Bitwarden finally came! Thank you so much Manjaro team! You’re doing a great work. Love you guys! :beer:

I wonder if another secure email client like proton or tutanota will be added soon, hehe… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Update works fine. No issues here on three machines.
Now I deleted the flash-plugin and pepperflash because I don´t use it and it will be removed from the repos at the end of 2020.

regards
caho

No problems at all (Manjaro GNOME with Pop-shell from AUR).

Aside from an issue with VirtualBox saying it was not compatible with the kernel (So I just ran pacman -Syuu and also updated via the package manager, and ran the reboot dependency), it all runs just as smoothly as before.
Great job as always. I have never been happier with an OS.

Hi,
Got an issue with my second PC, i can’t connect with TigerVNC. It’s certainly due to this :grimacing:

Edited into the Wiki for you.

Next time feel free to do this yourself: anyone can edit it!

cc @gfunk @stargazer @GokuSan

:innocent:

3 Likes

All fine on my system (XFCE, Kernel 4.14)

I only noticed a warning message on reboot (on console) about fwupd.service, but is displayed for a fraction of second: if I check for fwupd on journal logs, and if I check using systemctl status fwupd.service, I don’t see any message about.
However is due this update, since fwupd has been updated from 1.4.5-2 to 1.4.6-1

After this update my onboard ethernet was dead, but that was presumably just a coincidence. Luckily my parts bin had an Intel Pro/1000 board, which is anyway better than the Realtek.

1 Like

libnautilus-extension-typeahead is only useful on GNOME with nautilus-typeahead. It includes a patch for find as you type.

1 Like

Auf meinem Desktop 1 alles ok.