[Stable Update] 2020-09-08 - Kernels, Mesa, Browsers, KDE Apps 20.08.1, Systemd, LibreOffice 7.0.1, Deepin

Went smooth but:
KDE: akonadiserver didn’t start.
That’s the same Problem which we had with the last update:
sudo aa-complain /usr/bin/akonadiserver
helps.
like mentioned in “akonadi-cant-launch-mysqld-after-update-of-mariadb

1 Like

I have the same issue:

:: Starting full system upgrade...
:: Replace xapps with community/xapp? [Y/n] y
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
:: nvidia-450xx-utils and nvidia-440xx-utils are in conflict (nvidia-libgl). Remove nvidia-440xx-utils? [y/N] y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: unable to satisfy dependency 'nvidia-440xx-utils=440.100' required by linux54-nvidia-440xx
:: removing nvidia-440xx-utils breaks dependency 'nvidia-440xx-utils' required by lib32-nvidia-440xx-utils

Edit:
As noted by vostmarhk, cuda was the root of the problem. I removed cuda, updated, switched to 450.xx and then reinstalled cuda for a sucessful update!

2 Likes

Upgraded on KDE, so far so good. It seems that CUDA no longer works with Nvidia 440, but requires 450.xx. So I am attempting for a second time to transition to the 450.xx, we’ll see if compositing and screen locking are still breaking in KDE after every other suspend with this driver or not.

Edit: it seems that a number of people on Nvidia have issue updating (me included, but I worked around it), because CUDA or some other package now depends on the 450.xx driver without any warning. I suggest you add this issue and workarounds (upgrading 440->450 or removing Cuda) to the known issues.

3 Likes

you cannot have both nvidia-440xx and nvidia-450xx installed. You need to decide for one or the other.

I’ve had the same issue. if you have CUDA package installed, you have to remove it if you want to stay on the 440 driver. Otherwise, you have to remove the 440 driver and install the 450.

1 Like

Also upgraded on KDE

“So far” no issues.

However the during upgrading I got

[ALPM] warning: directory permissions differ on /var/lib/mlocate/
filesystem: 755 package: 750

This warning seems occasionally reported in update threads. Not sure if it’s an issue or not.

Also, QEMU requires a Braille display driver.

I find it kinda weird that qemu has brltty as hard dependency while I’m sure not many people will use it.

More PAM and PAMBASE? :confused:
this time I have timeshift loaded…
and pacnew is … not that new anymore…
:grin:
Edit - I checked the shopping list for this one, no PAM…still, backups will be made before updating :slight_smile:

1 Like

ähnliches Problem:

:: Starte vollständige Systemaktualisierung…
Löse Abhängigkeiten auf…
Suche nach in Konflikt stehenden Paketen…
:: nvidia-450xx-utils und nvidia-430xx-utils stehen miteinander in Konflikt (nvidia-libgl). nvidia-430xx-utils entfernen? [j/N] j
Fehler: Konnte den Vorgang nicht vorbereiten (Kann Abhängigkeiten nicht erfüllen)
:: Unerfüllbare Abhängigkeit ‘nvidia-430xx-utils=430.64’, benötigt von linux54-nvidia-430xx
:: Entfernen von nvidia-430xx-utils verletzt Abhängigkeit ‘nvidia-430xx-utils’, benötigt von lib32-nvidia-430xx-utils

Die Deinstallation von Cuda löste auch hier mein Problem!

see up @papajoke

Rt3090bc4 not working in 5.4 and 5.7 kernels without boot flag pci_aspm=no or pci=noaer , both of THEM are working too.
Without these parameters there is no possibility to view any WiFi… What is going on?

Thanks, I overlooked that part.

But somehow after the upgrading of mlocate, it seems the permissions of /var/lib/mlocate are set to 750. At least not with my interference. So I hope I didn’t had to chmod /var/lib/mlocate before the upgrading.

Updated 3 versions of Manjaro Openbox on 2 Desktops and 1 laptop no problem other than the mlocate permissions (solution from @papajoke)

No issues on XFCE via TTY.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Failed to set default locale after stable update

It’s a wiki: you can edit it and add it yourself. Just include the commands you used for resolving it…

cc @papajoke Do the same for the chmod?

:innocent:

3 posts were split to a new topic: Installed 450 nvidia driver and it’s broken

I had an issue with no audio upon reboot after the upgrade. My internal laptop speakers were showing up as a microphone. I rebooted again and audio is now working.

I’m seeing some lag in telegram

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble with Manjaro ISO’s using kernels newer that 5.4

I made the update on three computers:
1 * KDE and 2 * XFCE.

All went fine.