[Stable Update] 2020-08-28 - Kernels, Systemd, PAM, PAMBASE, KDE-git, Deepin, Pamac, Nvidia 450.66, LibreOffice 7.0

KDE Menu at the lower left corner becomes very big in 200%, in Windows 200% is not so big.

Make KDE Greater!

I had also, but line is commented (line start by “#”), so is ignored by manjaro

3 Likes

I don’t feel safe to remove all official kernels, I need just one as a failsafe. :smile:
Maybe I should set to ignore linux 58 updates in pacman.conf?

Thanks to @bogdancovaciu’s recommendation to install rEFInd, I’ve had smooth sailing with this update.

4 Likes

Just don’t install the linux58 package and you won’t get it

(I finally installed 5.8 manually today as it jumped above 5.8.0)

:innocent:

Apart from OpenVPN up script, update-resolv-conf failing, it went fine.
Will open separate topic for that.

– Ok, now able to edit:

Thanks.

Well then I don’t see a problem with ‘failsafe’ updating. Better to have latest ‘failsafe’. :stuck_out_tongue:

No problem here. :wink:

Despite of my last update was on 13th June.
I updated grub too, to fix Boot-Hole issue.

I’m confused. As it’s written in the “Known issues”-section I’d assume that I’d need to keep an eye on or take special care about something. However, they way I read it it’s a completely normal requirement to merge the pacnew-files generated by the update into the existing ones. So what’s the difference here compared to, e.g. a newly written /etc/pacman.conf.pacnew?

Hi!
Run
sudo nvidia-modprobe

I guess that if you don’t, in this case, you might encounter a login isue.

2 Likes

No problems here - all works fine with three machines :+1:

regards
caho

Hi!

I already tried that. Same problem! Thank you anyways…
I think @GUCE is right, and there is no cuda in 450 yet. However I could not find this info anywhere I looked.
Maybe I’ll have to wait for the next cuda (or the next 450 nvidia driver version)

Selected German/Austrian-Mirrors: no notification
Read this thread and run pacman-mirrors --fasttrack. Then notification and everything went’s smoothly. Wonder why Firefox is still 79. Guess 80. will come soon. :wink:

After update akonadi was unable to start due to some mysql. Downgrading mariadb to previous version (10.4.14) fixed this issue for me.

1 Like

@salsergey
[2020-08-28T16:22:54+0200] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] :: MariaDB was updated to a new feature release. To update the data run:
[2020-08-28T16:22:54+0200] [ALPM-SCRIPTLET] systemctl restart mariadb.service && mariadb-upgrade -u root -p

I don’t use KDE but maybe try
sudo systemctl restart mariadb.service && sudo mariadb-upgrade -u root -p

With this update, one of my computers have had this message:

Summary
(35/78) actualizando hplip                                    [##################################] 100%
advertencia: los permisos del directorio difieren respecto de /usr/share/hplip/base/pexpect/__pycache__/
sistema de archivos: 777   paquete: 755
advertencia: los permisos del directorio difieren respecto de /usr/share/hplip/installer/__pycache__/
advertencia: los permisos del directorio difieren respecto de /usr/share/hplip/prnt/__pycache__/

Also, I’ve found here the solution for the akonadi issue:

KDE Plasma, kernel 5.4.60., update smooth. No hicks with reboot & login.

Nice work :+1:

2 Likes

@acutbal
Thank you. This link helped me.

Pamac tray icon is still black and blurry for me. The empty entry is still present.
Other than that work for me so far.