[Stable Update] 2020-08-28 - Kernels, Systemd, PAM, PAMBASE, KDE-git, Deepin, Pamac, Nvidia 450.66, LibreOffice 7.0

Erm, this shows a lot of package differences for your system going beyond the limited scope in this thread. I advise you to open a new topic for that and give some more information, because the person that knows his/her system best is you!.

:innocent:

Don’t always move to the newest nVidia driver immediately. if the 440 series is working for you and you’ve got no bugs, always wait until the second release (at a minimum) before trying it out. If it doesn’t work for you, revert back.

E.G. There are still open bugs with CUDA on the 450 series…

Noticed something new today: no matter how full/empty ma battery is, KDE tells me “0:28 until full/empty” in the battery info (system tray dropdown).

KDE Plasma version 5.19.4 - it didn’t behave like this before.

Cool. I did have a related issue where the compositor would just crash and not come back.

How well does the reverse prime thing work for you? Does it need the external screen to have the same resolution as the internal?

The reverse prime works well for me, as my use case is pretty simple. I use a portable monitor with the same resolution (4K) and same fraction rate (200%).

I think the external monitor may not need to be the same resolution but has to use the same fraction rate. Any additional xrandr operations for the external monitor (such as rotation) won’t work.

Still significantly higher CPU cores temperatures (5-10C when idling) since the previous update. A year ago or so an update of kernel 5 made the temperatures higher, so I switched back to 4.19. After the previous update the temperatures are elevated on 4.19 too by about 5-10C (was 37-39C, now is 44-47C). My CPU is i7-8750H, laptop Acer Aspire A717-72G. Besides this since previous update Urban Terror game cannot be played anymore (on internal CPU graphics). Only black screen appears and log shows that xfwm4 crashes when game starts. (I use the xfce DE).

hello, i get these errors when I updated now. The kernel 5.8 boots but the screen is dark(!)Skärmbild från 2020-08-31 15-18-24|690x388
(!)Skärmbild från 2020-08-31 15-18-46|690x388(!)Skärmbild från 2020-08-31 15-19-01|690x388 "

why cant I upload png pics?

check fans also clean if necessary
have you tested others kernels ( 5.7 & 5.8 ? )

Hi,

when I try to start Kmail, there is a message " The Akonadi personal information management service is not operational " . There is a button “Details” , but it doesn’t do anything.

Hi,
How can I confirm grub was successfully updated with boot-hole patch?
This is my current version

▶ grub-install --version
grub-install (GRUB) 2.04~manjaro

Is it correct?
Thanks a lot, cheers

How do I boot with kernel option … ?

See Kernel parameters. If you have more questions and/or need help with that, please open your own thread in #support.

OK, thank you.

Allow me to point you in the right direction:

1 Like

aa-complain /usr/bin/akonadiserver

17 posts were split to a new topic: Errors when I update

Linux54, Vanilla Gnome

After update, I’m having limited success unlocking my computer from the gnome lock screen. I have even turned off the “bullets” to make sure my password is correct, and it is saying it was wrong, eventually I get a 10 minute lockout. If I reboot, I can login without issue.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Errors when I update

Yes I tried other kernels. Just before the update core temperatures were constantly idling 37-39C, and after update and reboot the temperatures do not drop below 44C. It is obviously the issue of kernels. A year ago it was first an issue with kernel 5.x, then I switched to 4.19 and it was so far OK until the update.

Hi! everyone, i just updated my manjaro and now i cant install nvidia driver nor opensource or proprietary. then i manually install kernel 5.8. after that i cant use my laptop keyboard, then reverted back to 5.7 and keyboard works again
i hope someone can help me, thank you

1 Like