[Stable Update] 2020-08-22 - Kernels, Deepin, KDE-git, Firefox, Pamac, Nvidia 450, KDE Apps 20.08

When trying to run ksystemlog I received an error.

ksystemlog: /usr/lib/libsystemd.so.0: version `LIBSYSTEMD_246’ not found (required by ksystemlog)

Looking at the file.
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Aug 16 03:29 /usr/lib/libsystemd.so.0 -> libsystemd.so.0.28.0

Checking a virtual machine of Manjaro ksystemlog and it is working properly without today’s update.
After the update ksystemlog is getting the error above.

Installed:
systemd 245.7-2 system and service manager
systemd-libs 245.7-2

No problems with the update on three kde - computers :grinning:

Thank´s to the manjaro - team

regards
caho

The Manjaro Wiki is your friend: Configure Graphics Cards - Manjaro Linux

Auto install open source driver, reboot and then auto install Nvidia driver.

update went well, no problems after reboot but nvidia is still 440.100 although the update claimed it had upgraded. don’t know what’s going on. it works so i’m not really afraid but nvidia didn’t upgraded.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Installing Nvidia 450.xx drivers after 2020-08-22 stable update

for me also same error and wiki my friend doesnt help

Update went well. But I can’t seem to install video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-450xx-prime so I had to revert to 440xx again

Stuck with this:

sudo mhwd -i pci video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-440xx-prime
Dependencies to install: video-modesetting
Proceed with installation? [Y/n]

It just stays there after pressing Enter. Can’t seem to download the driver. Interestingly, when trying to install the 440 hybrid driver again, the same problem pops up so I had to use timeshift to go back to the snapshot before this update.

Weirdly enough I can download and install the non-hybrid 450xx (and 440xx) driver which I’m currently using right now.

for That if your in Xfce open a terminal
if you are in gnome or KDE , open TTY ( Ctrl + Alt + F2 to F7 and login )
and close your gnome / Kde session

*** only out of your session ***

for PCI nvidia card only

sudo mhwd pci -i video-nvidia-450xx 

if hybrid nvidia cards

28 posts were split to a new topic: Installing Nvidia 450.xx drivers after 2020-08-22 stable update

XFCE; Kernel 5.8.1; Vega64;
(still holding back to wine 5.8, since 5.9 up to 5.14 is just garbage and doesn’t work at all)

Update itself went fine. No new problems yet detected :stuck_out_tongue:

Why is everyone flagging everything, it stops now or it will be disabled permanently.

3 Likes
 gdm.service - GNOME Display Manager
 Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/gdm.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
 Active: active (running) since Sat 2020-08-22 16:17:36 EEST; 40s ago

Main PID: 1187 (gdm)
Tasks: 3 (limit: 19054)
Memory: 5.7M
CGroup: /system.slice/gdm.service
└─1187 /usr/bin/gdm

Aug 22 16:17:36 eli systemd[1]: Starting GNOME Display Manager…
Aug 22 16:17:36 eli systemd[1]: Started GNOME Display Manager.
Aug 22 16:17:53 eli gdm-password][1481]: gkr-pam: unable to locate daemon control file
Aug 22 16:17:53 eli gdm-password][1481]: gkr-pam: stashed password to try later in open session
Aug 22 16:17:53 eli gdm-password][1481]: pam_unix(gdm-password:session): session opened for user andrito by (uid=0)
Aug 22 16:17:53 eli gdm-password][1481]: gkr-pam: gnome-keyring-daemon started properly and unlocked keyring

Apparmor fails to start after the update. Dont currently have time to troubleshoot it, and had to perform a rollback for now.

When you do, please make sure to create a topic with your findings in this category:
https://forum.manjaro.org/c/support/snap-flatpak/115
Thank you!

Everything fine on GNOME. Thanks

The firejail version shipped with this update breaks apparmor. Fixed in version 0.9.62.4.

3 Likes

Not actually using any flatpacks that im aware of. Post it in this forum regardless?
(It will be next week before i have time to address this. Weekends packed already.)

/edit: nvm, just saw mangiaro’s post. Guess we gotta wait for the update to arrive in the repo.

PCSX2 from official repo and aur don’t launch. Any ideas?

Thx, the update went well.
I don’t have linux-latest installed hence I cloud also update the nvidia-drivers with the GUI tool.
But it deleted my custom 90-mhwd.conf which I created via this guide.
There is now a new nvidia.conf file in /etc/X11/mhwd.d/ which is softlinked to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mhwd.conf.
I put my old 90-mhwd.conf from backup as the new /etc/X11/mhwd.d/nvidia.conf and softlinked it to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/90-mhwd.conf.
Everything works now :smiley:

Also this

==> If you run into trouble with CUDA not being available, run nvidia-modprobe first.