[Stable Update] 2020-08-16 - Kernels, Plasma, KDE Framework, Systemd, Pamac, VirtualBox, Firefox

Some more bugs specific to KDE Plasma:

1. The Battery and Brightness icon in Status and Notification randomly disappears and requires a reboot to get it to reappear.

2. After resuming from standby or hibernate, there is always a new sticky note with the last paragraph of typed text in it.

Updates made on KDE version. Everything OK.

Thanks Manjaro Team.

Thanks for this @gan, just what I was looking for :slight_smile:

After rebbot, grub-install -version now prints grub-install (GRUB) 2.04~manjaro which looks like it was successful.

Hi all!

Update went fine on my work computer (1GB, 257 packages). The only issue so far is Windows 10 VM not booting with USB support enabled. But, as this VM was caught between updates as well, maybe the problem will go away on the next reboot.

Thank you for the great work. Cheers and good luck with the new forum.

EDIT: VBox definitely doesn’t boot with either ehci or xhci usb enabled (only with ohci). I’ll take a look at the bug reports later.

xps9550,KDE,linux419 - no issues :+1:

Hey @mbb,

You can fix/workaround this issue relatively easy.

Workaround: disable ehci / xhci usb controller in virtual machine settings (only ohci allowed). Not feasible everywhere.

Please find step-by-step guidelines using downgrade process:

1. Remove virtualbox-ext-oracle 6.1.13.139853-1
  2. Download manually virtualbox-ext-oracle 6.1.12-1 from AUR
  3. Extract aur-f800480aa0b581883210007229fff5ac0eeb5292.tar.gz archive
  4. Open a terminal and cd aur-f800480aa0b581883210007229fff5ac0eeb5292
  5. Run makepkg -scri

Thanks. I’m already running the VMs with ohci. Thanks for pinpointing the issue to virtualbox-ext-oracle. I have the previous version on my cache and will install from there.

Do you know if any bug report exists for this issue?

everything went well - except pamac shows google-chrome stable as orphaned package?

Hi everybody,
unfortunately i can’t update my system with KDE, due to a conflict with some files:

errore: impossibile eseguire l'operazione richiesta (file in conflitto)
/usr/lib/plasma-changeicons è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme.so è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kcms/kcm_icons.so è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/config.kcfg/iconssettingsbase.kcfg è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/desktopthemedetails/edit-delete.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/desktopthemedetails/edit-undo.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/desktopthemedetails/get-new-theme.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/desktopthemedetails/index.cache.bz2 è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/desktopthemedetails/index.docbook è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/desktopthemedetails/main.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/edit-delete.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/edit-undo.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/get-new-theme.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/index.cache.bz2 è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/index.docbook è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/main.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/doc/HTML/en/kcontrol/icons/use-of-icons.png è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kconf_update/icons_remove_effects.upd è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/knsrcfiles/icons.knsrc è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/knsrcfiles/plasma-themes.knsrc è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm5_icons/contents/ui/IconSizePopup.qml è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm5_icons/contents/ui/main.qml è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm5_icons/metadata.desktop è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm5_icons/metadata.json è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme/contents/ui/Hand.qml è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme/contents/ui/ThemePreview.qml è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme/contents/ui/main.qml è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme/metadata.desktop è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_desktoptheme/metadata.json è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kservices5/kcm_desktoptheme.desktop è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
/usr/share/kservices5/kcm_icons.desktop è già presente in 'plasma-workspace-git' e in 'plasma-desktop'
Si sono verificati degli errori, nessun pacchetto è stato aggiornato.

Could anybody help me to fix this issue?
Thanks a lot!
Regards

I think this thread will help you:

Extract from the post:

The first step is to identify which, if any, package owns the file. This can be easily done with:

pacman -Qo /path/to/file

If this identifies a conflicting package you can decide to remove it with pacman -R . If no package is identified you can delete the file, e.g. rm /path/to/file (or move it to a backup location, e.g. mv /path/to/file /path/to/file.backup ).

There is also a fast way to do it.
Please read the entire thread.

1 Like

My bluetooth adapter is no longer recognized and the bluetooth kernel module is not longer loaded at startup. It was previously working before the updated.

Motherboard: X570 AORUS XTREME (rev. 1.0)
WiFi/Bluetooth: Onboard Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax 2T2R & BT 5

I was afraid too, but even as the cosmic noob that I am, I succeeded to update it.

1 Like

Had issues with
sshfs

System did not boot into X as I had an entry in fstab to mount another local PC folder using sshfs. Removed fstab entry to fix the issue.

conky-manager stopped work after last update 5.7.9 -1
it worked fine on 5.6.19-2
Has anyone solved this problem?

google-chrome is not a repo package.
I assume you are referring to the AUR package … which is … well, the AUR - nothing to do with manjaro.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Using kernel 5.8.0-2 on the stable branch. As soon as I updated to Manjaro 20.1 Mikah conky-manager stopped working.

see this for conky

same problem on Manjaro KDE (Linux 5.7.14-1-MANJARO):

[h264_nvenc @ 0x5579d3274ac0] Driver does not support the required nvenc API version. Required: 10.0 Found: 9.1
[h264_nvenc @ 0x5579d3274ac0] The minimum required Nvidia driver for nvenc is (unknown) or newer

All went well with my update. I was slightly concerned before installing new kernel (5.7.14) as I have an encrypted drive. However there was no issue.

||||||||| ||||   myPC@myPC 
||||||||| ||||   ---------------------- 
||||      ||||   OS: Manjaro Linux x86_64 
|||| |||| ||||   Host: 20QVCTO1WW ThinkPad X1 Extreme 2nd 
|||| |||| ||||   Kernel: 5.7.14-1-MANJARO 
|||| |||| ||||   Uptime: 18m 
|||| |||| ||||   Packages: 1623 (pacman), 9 (snap) 
                 Resolution: 1080x1920, 1920x1200, 1920x1080 
                 DE: Plasma 5.19.4 
                 WM: KWin 
                 CPU: Intel i7-9750H (12) @ 4.5GHz 
                 GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile / Max-Q 
                 GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630 
                 Memory: 5615MiB / 31760MiB (17%) 

I’ve back to 5.6.19-2 (been luky to make a buckup by timeshift).