here is another Stable Update for you.
Note for Gnome users
It is critical NOT to use a graphical environment when updating from 3.34 to 3.36 series of Gnome. Therefore switch to a TTY and use our CLI package managers.
- First switch to a TTY:
- Login with your normal user in that terminal
- Perform your update:
sudo pacman -Syyuor
pamac upgrade --force-refresh
- Reboot your system after the update completed. Don't worry about not supported extensions. Gnome 3.36 will deactivate them for you.
Test our Gnome 19.1 Preview ...
- All Kernels got rebuild against GCC 9.3 toolchain
- Gnome got updated to 3.36. As usual report your issues!
- poppler packages got updated
- gamemode is updated to 1.5.1
- KDE-Git package updates
- Matcha theme got more fixes for Gnome 3.36
- Updated packages for manjaro-asian-input-support
- LibreOffice got updated to 6.4.2
archlinux-appstream-data got stripped of any
<em>tags preventing package listing in pamac and gnome-software
- PHP got updated to 7.4.4 and Firefox-Developer got pushed ot its fifth beta release
- KDE Framework got updated to 5.68
- Haskell and Python updates
If you like following latest Plasma development you may also like to check out our current version of manjaro-kde-dev, which we build on a regular basis against kde-git master packages. Also check out our current 19.0.2 ISOs and give us the needed feedback. You might also want to give our latest spin with NX-Desktop a try ...
As always we appreciate your input and feedback for the updates.
Arch updated their default compression to zstd. We adopted to the same standard. More and more packages will have the
zst extension from now on. If you get for what ever reason an error with ZSTD not supported as archive format you can do this:
sudo pacman -Syy sudo pacman -S pacman-static sudo pacman-static -Syyu
Our current supported kernels
- linux316 3.16.82
- linux44 4.4.217
- linux49 4.9.217
- linux414 4.14.174
- linux419 4.19.112
- linux54 5.4.27
- linux55 5.5.11
- linux56 5.6-rc7
- linux419-rt 4.19.106_rt45
- linux54-rt 5.4.26_rt17
Package Changes (Tue Mar 24 09:08:47 CET 2020)
- stable community x86_64: 1765 new and 1708 removed package(s)
- stable core x86_64: 58 new and 56 removed package(s)
- stable extra x86_64: 739 new and 928 removed package(s)
- stable multilib x86_64: 38 new and 39 removed package(s)
A detailed list of all package changes can be found here.
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: