[Stable Update] 2019-10-28 - Firefox, KDE Frameworks, KDE Plasma, LibreOffice, VirtualBox, Mesa

I also found snapper breaks with btrfs-progs 5.3.1 provided by the Manjaro mirrors. However, btrfs-progs-git from the AUR works fine with snapper if you are like me and performed a fresh installation today preventing a downgrade from the pacman cache.

For maintainers reading, the specific error I get when running snapper --anything is:
snapper: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libbtrfs.so.0: undefined symbol: write_raid56_with_parity

The issue is known to btrfs-progs see here and here and seems to have already been fixed with 5.3.1 which is why I'm confused as to why its not working still.

1 Like

Night colour works fine for me. It looks as if someone had replaced the fluorescent tube in my laptop screen with a tungsten filament light. If you can't get it working, perhaps open a new thread about it... :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

So far so good. I have not been able to test alot because of a FreeNAS accident I hope I can recover my data. Anyway thanks for your hard work Manjaro you an awesome team of individuals coming together to make something truly great.

Other interesting Firefox issue is that it requires an html import on the backup yet saves in its' native
json format.

Select Import and Backup > Restore > Choose File and you can select the json backup.

I did not need to enter in terminal firefox --allow-downgrade with this latest Firefox push. Firefox opened normally after clicking the icon with no "create a new profile" warning.

Thank you for the quick turnaround!

2 Likes

i was trying to use paccheck from pacutils to verify my whole installation and i got the error:

paccheck: error while loading shared libraries: libalpm.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

i tried both:

sudo paccheck --md5sum --quiet
sudo paccheck --sha256sum --quiet

the same result

hint: i think i remember libalpm v12.0.0 being installed or updated. also pacman 5.2.0

1 Like

Maybe create a topic to troubleshoot.

Forgot to do the fix for Firefox before doing the upgrade, but was easily fixed.

2 posts were split to a new topic: problem copying files to the second user KDE

Got an orphan:

$ pacman -Qdt
kjsembed 5.63.0-1

Also, I thought I noticed this on testing, but I can definitely confirm on stable, the CPU Load Monitor plasmoid configuration was changed to show only overall load. I switched it back to show all four cores as well as the system load.

Hello, I updated two systems just now (an old Desktop PC and a new laptop). The laptop update went through just fine. The Desktop update though gives me a black screen on startup. If it's relevant I have nvidia graphics on the laptop and AMD graphcis on the desktop. What can I do to find out what the problem is with the Desktop PC?

Which desktop environment do you use and can you switch to a TTY? CTRL+ALT+F3

Oh I'm sorry, both systems are on Manjaro LXQT. No I get a black screen. Is there a way to connect through the Live USB?

Got the firefox profile issue, but the solution to run "firefox --allow-downgrade" in the terminal one time worked. Otherwise everything went fine.

Night light seems to work, but with issues.
I have one monitor on each GPU (intel, nvidia) and while configuring in settings shows it works, after leaving NightColor page (or close settings), NightLight keeps working only on Intel monitor (nvidia monitor resets to bright).

I'm on Testing, but KDE Stable packages are synced to Testing.

$ journalctl --no-hostname -b -p4 | grep night

Οκτ 28 23:47:09 systemsettings5[20815]: org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_nightcolor" "The shared library was not found." 
Οκτ 28 23:47:43 systemsettings5[20815]: file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_nightcolor/contents/ui/main.qml:238:42: QML LocationsFixedView: Binding loop detected for property "implicitWidth"
Οκτ 28 23:47:43 systemsettings5[20815]: file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_nightcolor/contents/ui/main.qml:219:42: QML TimingsView: Binding loop detected for property "implicitWidth"
Οκτ 29 00:57:12 systemsettings5[27084]: org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_nightcolor" "The shared library was not found." 
Οκτ 29 01:07:51 systemsettings5[27084]: file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_nightcolor/contents/ui/main.qml:238:42: QML LocationsFixedView: Binding loop detected for property "implicitWidth"
Οκτ 29 01:07:52 systemsettings5[27084]: file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_nightcolor/contents/ui/main.qml:219:42: QML TimingsView: Binding loop detected for property "implicitWidth"
Οκτ 29 01:08:25 systemsettings5[27810]: org.kde.kcoreaddons: Error loading plugin "kcm_nightcolor" "The shared library was not found." 
Οκτ 29 01:08:46 systemsettings5[27810]: file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_nightcolor/contents/ui/main.qml:238:42: QML LocationsFixedView: Binding loop detected for property "implicitWidth"
Οκτ 29 01:08:46 systemsettings5[27810]: file:///usr/share/kpackage/kcms/kcm_nightcolor/contents/ui/main.qml:219:42: QML TimingsView: Binding loop detected for property "implicitWidth"

For those of you having problems with Firefox: I have a solution for you which will allow you to bypass the "profile error".

1. copy your FF profile folder (/.mozilla/firefox) and place somewhere safe.
  2. navigate to '/var/cache/pacman/pkg' and downgrade to the FF 69 release
  3. Launch that version and make a new profile
  4. enter the /.mozilla/firefox/xxxxx.default profile folder and COPY the compatibility.ini file
  5. paste the compatibility.ini into the profile folder you backed up....
  6. delete the contents of /.mozilla/firefox folder
  7. re-upgrade FF to 7.0 do not run it yet...
  8. RESTORE your original /.mozilla/firefox with the compatibility.ini file
  9. PROFIT: Now FF will launch with all your plugins, settings and other goodies

This trick also works for downgrading firefox and keeping your profile,,, moreover, it also lets you move your FF profile to other browsers like Waterfox or Palemoon.

More info here.
PEACE!

1 Like

Maybe something is conflicting with it, I activated it without disabling f.lux and noticed some weird behavior before it stopped without changing the color. Might help you debug.

Can't you choose the profile with firefox --profilemanager after upgrading to the new release?

Kernel: 5.3.7-2-MANJARO DE: Cinnamon 4.2.4 CPU: AMD FX-6300 (6) @ 3.500GHz GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 Video driver: video-nvidia-440xx

Upgrade via Pamac was smooth as butter. FF didn't throw up any errors like others are reporting. Removal of Nivida 435 and Installation of 440 didn't throw any errors and my GOC loaded and played perfectly. Virtualbox, my usual suspect when it comes to kernel modules not loading, doesn't seem to be affected at all.

Looks like KDE folks may be catching from grief. Best of luck on getting those issues fixed!

Forum kindly sponsored by