[Stable Update] 2019-08-13 - Kernels, XFCE 4.14, KDE, LibreOffice 6.3, Discord, Mesa

Thank you, do you mind telling me what this does? It will update the system but not update java?

It’ll install the java8 version of openjfx which your app needs and update the system.

1 Like

Thanks!

The update of another computer worked without any problem.

Updated without any issues from TTY with pacman on Cinnamon DE, kernel 5.2, Intel video. Thanks!

2 posts were split to a new topic: xfce4-display-settings crashes after stable update (2019-08-13)

The update worked fine, thank you!

However on my XFCE-Desktop, I noted a white vertical line in the task bar. It seems to cut the remaining space of the bar into to equal parts. Does anyone know what it's good for?

I did not see this line with the 4.14-pre versions of XFCE.

Screenshot can be provided, if helpful.

Updated from tty and everything went well. Actually all issues from previous update gone and fixed.

It might be a separator in your Panel. It can be used to spread different items out in your Panel. Make a right click on it and choose properties. You can switch the style to "Transparent" if you like.

1 Like

XFCE. Updated from tty no issues.

Mine is in the middle of the upgrade at the moment. However, it looks like the download of linux419-4.19.66-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz failed partway through.

not sure what to do with this:-

(159/159) checking for file conflicts                                                                             [####################################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
python-future: /usr/bin/futurize exists in filesystem
python-future: /usr/bin/pasteurize exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
Error installing repo packages

This is the panel Separator. You can right-click and change the style to transparency to get rid of the line. On 4.12 the separator styles did not work so it was always transparent.

1 Like

update went smoothly with tty on KDE linux52

You may use the --overwrite switch or delete those files. See also here.

cheers. I did not manage to get --overwrite to work After an hour of trying to figure out how to glob the 2 files and then finding a post that says you have to omit the leading forward slash (for some reason) Many conflicting files for pacman update it still would not work.

i ended up just deleting the 2 files then updating, seems to have worked.

Perfect update via tty.
LXQT (60 Package) with kernel 4.19 and NVIDIA nonfree
XFCE (103 Package) with Kernel 5.2 and AMD free
Thanks!

Updated all 5 machines via tty. No issues to report. And as always, excellent job team manjaro.
Greatly appreciated!

regards

I had the same error, I found that it wasn't installed through pacman but through pip so I uninstalled through pip and then updated then with pacman

2 Likes

Everything works fine; well done and thanks a lot
(Gnome, Kernel 5.2.8)

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark