[Stable Update] 2019-07-09 - Qt5, Cinnamon, XFCE, Deepin, Palemoon, Firefox

Mariadb seems to be missing some tables in it's mysql database. It seems to look for it in /var/lib/mysql, is this correct for your setup?

XFCE, 4.19.56-1

The only issue I ran into was when upgrading node and npm, as it complained about the local installs of npm and node-gyp; This was solved by running sudo npm uninstall -g node-gyp npm before upgrading. Other than that, everything went smoothly! Thanks for all the hard work.

I would have commented earlier, but I wanted to be sure nothing went wrong.

Flawless update. 5.1 kernel branch, xfce, 18.04, etc

seeing all these mariadb problems people are having when they update makes me glad i don't use that

1 Like

Small report - after today's small pamac update (8.0.2-4) every button is working properly

2 Likes

No problems (as usual) but thanks for the continuation of the Deepin support.

@philm @oberon @Frog
I've found critical bug in Manjaro Deepin after this update - don't know if it's us or them (sure as hell looks like Deepin :laughing:)...

But please take a look:

Whenever you switch task manager to this mode whole system becomes completely unresponsive and freeze.

You can't do absolutely nothing with it, except hard reset and it's 100% repeatable bug.


I found a bug on the KDE version but I'm not sure if it's related to this update or one of the previous (since I didn't tested it before), neither if it's a Manjaro or KDE thing (cannot find anything on Google):

First, here is a screenshot of my current "fonts" settings:

When I close that window without changing anything, the "Exclude range from anti-aliasing" option is automatically checked and you can see that the anti-aliasing is disabled:

1 Like

Beats me. It was installed as a dependency for akonadi. And I don't know why I have akonadi - I don't use any KDE PIM apps and it's not required by anything.

I'll plan on removing akonadi and mariadb tomorrow and see what happens, unless someone comments here first .

Please give us a feedback if the computer is still running.
</kidding> :wink:

as always

4 Likes

Well that image made it to a very small group :hugs:

2 Likes

No problems at all. :+1:
Thank you for this great OS. :clap:
Running:
Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.16.2
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.59.0
Qt Version: 5.13.0
Kernel Version: 5.0.21-1-MANJARO
OS Type: 64-bit
Processors: 2 × Intel® Celeron® CPU N2830 @ 2.16GHz
Memory: 3,3 GiB

Regards
Paulo

I had the same issue yesterday. I didn't open Fonts settings window at all, but Exclude range was checked. Unchecking it and re-login fixed it. Don't know what caused it in the first place.

EDIT: It happened again just now when browsing. One tab was rendered correctly, but next tab onwards non-aliased fonts. Exclude range auto-checked again. KDE Bugzilla: (https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=409518)

1 Like

Ah, so no "deliberate" use of mariadb. Arch wiki talks about an installation step

$ mysql_install_db --user=mysql --basedir=/usr --datadir=/var/lib/mysql 

In my case the mysql database was created only after this one.

I'm pretty sure akonadi gets installed automatically as part of a standard KDE install, whether or not you're using any PIM packages.
And if you're not, there's nothing to lose by removing it - and a lot to gain as it's a bit of a resource-hog.

Is that the rt kernel? I thoung that 5.0 kernels are not supported anymore.

Yes, it is the RT kernel. Regular Linux 5.0 is not supported indeed, and it isn't in the repos anymore.

1 Like

I think a big problem with rolling releases is that some things don't really roll! I've installed and enabled AppArmor following https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AppArmor and everything works fine.

1 Like

Yes, it is.

Paulo

Hi All,

Please, forgive me if this is not the correct way of posting this, but after this update WPS started preventing thunar from showing PDF thumbnails. After searching for a few days a solution for the problem I found this post:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/wps-office#comment-699771

It had the solution I was looking for:

[...] To fix it, just delete /usr/share/mime/packages/wps-office-pdf.xml and run update-mime-database /usr/share/mime .

Maybe it can help others.

1 Like

True...not in the repos.

Paulo

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark