[Stable Update] 2019-05-26 - Kernels, XFCE 4.14-pre1, Virtualbox, LibreOffice

Upgraded 2 KDE machines without issues. Voted yes to replace steam-devices with community/game-devices-udev?-question before reading about it here after inspecting the package descriptions.

Opted to try through Pamac for once.
No issues after remembering that not disabling parallell downloads is a bad idea.

So.

The updates as such? No issue!!
Pamac? Being a pita as always for this. Preferences - Allowing 4 parallell downloads changed to 0 parallell downloads, then it worked.

1 Like

About 1 GB for me, and everything worked without any problems.:+1: Yes, delta updates would be nice - I tried them some time ago with Arch and they worked very well and reduced the download size dramatically.

However, it seems that Allan removed delta support from pacman so this won't happen. What a pity ...

1 Like

Had roughly 700 Mb but i installed the third test ISO of Gnome just the other day. So it was ahead of the curve, I guess.

Stable KDE, via TTY; kernels 4.19.* and 5.0.*
Perfect, no issues at all. Thanks!
(continued to hold problematic wine-staging)

I have very slow download speed. What can i do?

Maybe check your mirrors before starting the update? Are you sure you're on the fastest mirrors?

I started allready. Its in the middle of the proccess. What can i do?

Unless you're stressed out, go grab some snacks.

...wait, are you using Pamac or Terminal? Because I had to cancel the update, change "parallell downloads" to 0 in Pamac for it to download correctly.

I use terminal. How to do that?

There should not be an issue with parallell downloads in the terminal. So my guess is to just wait. Sorry.

1 Like

Another perfect update via TTY , KDE with 4.19 and Nvidia running perfect , no issues .

Known bug. Fixed upstream as far as I know.

I have minor problem after updating..
my flash disk and external hard drive can not be detected..
but after reboot..it fine again...:sweat_smile:

thank you...

All fine on KDE 4.19+NVIDIA Nonfree and JWM 4.19+AMD free. Happy to celebrate 1 year using Manjaro! Big thanx to everyone involved in this project . :partying_face:

2 Likes

OpenBox updated via Pamac GTK without issues :slight_smile:
Great job thanks to all engaged!
Have a good day guys and gals :hugs:

I know that it's possible to omit deepin-anything, but since i'd like to use it for now...

Unable to build with Kernel 5.1.4-1

DKMS make.log for deepin-anything-0.0.9 for kernel 5.1.4-1-MANJARO (x86_64)
make: Entering directory '/usr/lib/modules/5.1.4-1-MANJARO/build'
  CC [M]  /var/lib/dkms/deepin-anything/0.0.9/build/vfs_utils.o
  CC [M]  /var/lib/dkms/deepin-anything/0.0.9/build/arg_extractor.o
gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:275: /var/lib/dkms/deepin-anything/0.0.9/build/vfs_utils.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [scripts/Makefile.build:275: /var/lib/dkms/deepin-anything/0.0.9/build/arg_extractor.o] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:1571: _module_/var/lib/dkms/deepin-anything/0.0.9/build] Error 2
make: Leaving directory '/usr/lib/modules/5.1.4-1-MANJARO/build'

Is it Manjaro, or i should report to Deepin upstream?

Bluetooth issue from previous stable update still exists. Had to remove paired bluetooth device and pair it again, on every startup.

Other than that, no new issues encountered.

1 Like

All ok here, xfce kernel 5.0.18
Thank you Manjaro Team!

1 Like

Probably fixed in 0.1.0 that released 3 days ago. (available in unstable) You can switch branches and test. I think there should have been one more Testing update before Stable

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark