[Stable Update] 2019-05-17 - Kernels, Grub, KDE, Deepin, Gnome, XFCE, LibreOffice, Bash, Systemd

See here

And don't need " udev.log_priority=3 audit=0" . Never needed, actually.

1 Like

wow, wow, running to remove those lines which I added 1 minute ago

1 Like

Everything went smooth on both KDE and i3 for me. Also glad to see those vulnerabilities have already been patched on upstream. My friend IRL texted me an article about that earlier this week. I look forward to seeing the patches hit the stable branch. :slight_smile:

It is not a new script. The read picture of a hand holding a CPU is simply linked directrly form zombieloadattack.com. In your uMatrix screenshot, you can see the 1 in the image column for zombieloadattack.com. This means this sides loads a image from zombieloadattack.com. Nothing more.

3 Likes

I'm having trust issues with a guy named Helmut Stult even though I imported his PGP key.

:: Import PGP key 4096R/F66AD0FF0E57C561615A0901CEE477135C5872B0, "Helmut Stult (schinfo) helmut@manjaro.org", created: 2018-02-15? [Y/n]
(152/152) checking package integrity [######################] 100%
error: pamac-common: signature from "Helmut Stult (schinfo) helmut.stult@schinfo.de" is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pamac-common-7.4.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n]
error: pamac-cli: signature from "Helmut Stult (schinfo) helmut.stult@schinfo.de" is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pamac-cli-7.4.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: pamac-gtk: signature from "Helmut Stult (schinfo) helmut.stult@schinfo.de" is marginal trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pamac-gtk-7.4.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

This guide should help: Issues with "signature is marginal trust" or "invalid or corrupted package"

4 Likes

no problems here

4.19 (LTS)
Nvidia prop.
Xfce4

all smooth :+1:t4:

Thanks! Worked like a charm.

Hi everyone,
updating my manjaro XFCE today I was presented with a conflicting files error message:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
node-gyp: /usr/lib/node_modules/node-gyp/node_modules/form-data/yarn.lock exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Any suggestions?

Removing the lock file should work.

Thanks for the fast reply!
That's what I wanted to do. I was about to delete it already, but I don't want to cause any damages.
Why would that file be there in the first place. I'm not using yarn!

You might have an app that relies on node-gyp, maybe from AUR.
(try LANG=C pacman -Qi node-gyp | awk -F: '/Required By/{print $2}' to find out)

That's what I already thought. It was put there by npm!

Thanks for the great support!

I'll remove the lock file now!

The logo is loaded from the information page.

1 Like

I did my update from TTY. I had a minor issue with some GPG keys. I updated my package keys and the update installed properly. So far everything is working great.

Thank you all for your hard work!

Actually I haven't removed the lock file. I figured out that node-gyp was in the node modules that were installed globally by npm. I removed node-gyp with npm.

During the system update I received warnings (warning: could not get file information), but node-gyp got updated!

Thanks again!

Dammit :\

So, Zombieload patches most likely will affect performance like spectre / meltdown?

1 Like

GNOME full edition
Ryzen 1500x
RX 580 8GB

XFCE minimal
Intel i3 8th gen

no problems :white_check_mark:

:rage:
I guess it is very unfriendly practice to release a kernel without simultaneous releasing of external modules. Yes, there is click chain to get log file with zfs build error. And are you sure it is common intention for every Manjaro user to check all message click-tree on every kernel update??

Please, stop release kernels without modules. Never do it, please.
Please, release linux51-zfs as soon as possible.

Probably you guess the situation is very simple - it is possible just to select old kernel to boot. But it isn't as simple as you imagine at the case of headless NAS, for example.

2 Likes

you should know that zfs is very risky under linux.
as its not in the kernel.
and linux kernel devlopers dont give a :poop: about zfs on linux.until its relicenced.
there are differences between using other ketnel modules and this one because its a filesystem.
so if you want to use zfs stick to one lts kernel dont randomly install new ones.
as the incompatibility with zfs and linux will only be going to increase as kernel version increases.