[Stable Update] 2019-04-20 - Nvidia, Kernels, Deepin

Update went smooth on KDE, but had to reinstall php72, because it couldn't launch intl and soap modules for some reason. Permission, ownership, path were all correct.

Thanks for your great efforts as always :slight_smile:
I'm looking forward to KDE 19.04 apps

and WPS-Office gives constant updates for Linux 4th uptade in this year :smiley: Awesome!!

1 Like

no problems so far. thanks for the efforts!

Hello,

Update 117 pack on Macbook Pro and MacBook Air. Perfect, all work nice ...

Manjaro I3-Wm

Fred

1 Like
Summary

I'm sleeping
and right in the middle
of a good dream
And all at once I wake up
from something that keeps knocking at my brain

Before I go insane
I hold my pillow to my head
And spring up in my bed
screaming out the words I dread
I think I love you
(I think I love you)

This morning
I woke up with this feeling
I didn't know how to deal with
and so I just decided to myself
I'd hide it to myself
and never talk about it
And did not go and shout it
when you walked into the room
I think I love you
(I think I love you)

I think I love you
so what am I so afraid of?
I'm afraid that I'm not sure of
a love there is no cure for

I think I love you
isn't that what life is made of?
Though it worries me to say
that I never felt this way...

I don't know what I'm up against
I don't know what it's all about
I got so much to think about

Hey, I think I love you
so what am I so afraid of?
I'm afraid that I'm not sure of
a love there is no cure for

I think I love you
isn't that what life is made of?
Though it worries me to say
I never felt this way

Believe me
you really don't have to worry
I only wanna make you happy
and if you say "hey go away," I will
But I think better still
I'd better stay around and love you
Do you think I have a case?
let me ask you to your face

Do you think you love me?
I think I love you
I think I love you
(I think I love you)
I think I love you
(I think I love you)
I think I love you
(I think I love you)
I think I love you
(I think I love you)

:laughing:

4 Likes

I don't think the problem is in the package. I never used TLP UI, and the permissions for /etc/default/tlp are set on 644 (rw-r--r--). I checked in the package too and the permissions are set on the same thing too.

So I think somehow, the permissions got changed to 600, but I have no idea how it could have happened. According to this person, it is a bug in the current version of TLP UI in repos (tlpui r89.[...]) that changed permissions for /etc/default/tlp from 644 to 600.

Weird.

1 Like

Yepp. It seems when tlpui (r89) is saving / writing the file, the permissions are set to 600.

I am still experience this regressive bug on my VMWare VM... None of the developers seem to be using virtual machines. I assume that the matter is in QT. Need to check this bug in Kubuntu 19.04, because there is also updated QT. But now there is no time for this.

@Frog
Yes, i confirm that both current and previous versions of TLP-UI when you save with it - changes permissions of /etc/default/tlp...

Which i guess it shouldn't :slight_smile:

Certainly not VMWare on a Windows 7 host. Virtualbox on a Manjaro host, perhaps.

All good on Deepin. Thanks.

Sorry for off-topic but Win10 really sucks in Virtualbox - is it just me? :frowning:

It would be easier to say where Windows 10 doesn't suck :grin:

3 Likes

Lost mouse&keyboard ctl after upgrade 4.19.31_rt18-1 >>> 5.0.7_rt5-1.
After reboot, have mouse&kb for very short time(s) during load. Can sometimes log in b/4 pointer and kb lock up but system continues to come up as expected (displaying conky, etc...) No apparent issues w/5.0.7-1 though.

inxi -Sxx
System:    Host: obxdan-pc Kernel: 4.19.31-rt18-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.2.1 
           Desktop: Openbox 3.6.1 dm: LightDM Distro: Manjaro Linux 

I know right :smiley: but working in the freakish large corporate kinda demands it or more like Visio, Word, Excel... oh and the meetings ... I could get around using Office really, but Visio and Skype for business - no real alternative to a virtual machine windoze or booting into one bleh.

Updated 2 I7 multi monitor desktops and an Apple Macbook Pro. Desktops are Plasma. Laptop is XFCE. Used the term for all. Flawless.
Thanks all of you for the hard work and the great OS.

Added " TLPUI cannot be launched" in the wiki post for people who use that program. Since I do not use it personally, feel free to correct the information if it isn't accurate.

I only put guidance in CLI, because it would be a pain to explain how it could be done with all file managers around here and make the post terribly long.

Could you tell me how you do that on r109? I fail to do so personally.

@Frog
I've just setup fresh VM to make sure, my previous repeatable pattern was:

1. Install tlpui

2. Disks / DISK_DEVICES_ID / Edit - Set anything, for example DISK_APM_LEVEL_ON_BAT=254 - Ok

3. File - Save - Ok

Now this particular pattern doesn't work on fresh machine :thinking:

I'll try to find another repeatable one...
Because i've triggered it somehow on one of my production machines.

Followup questions:

1. I've noticed that current tlpui version, when changing DISK_DEVICES_ID jumps from Disks back to General tab, it's minor bug :upside_down_face:

2. Statistics - Simple button doesn't work, only Complete.

3. I've read tlp changelog mentioning introduction of nvme support, but still don't get why:
    %D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

tlp itself defaults to nvme0n1, even though this VM is using usual HDD (including emulation parameters in VirtualBox) and doesn't have this nvme0n1 device at all?

Update

@Frog
I believe problems caused if user saved with TLP UI of previous version, which changed permissions, and then after update to latest version of TLP UI - problems just snowballing.

But fresh latest TLP UI version standalone - i also can't reproduce now.

some..

journalctl -p 3 -xp
lightdm[820]: gkr-pam: unable to locate daemon control file

everything els is fine

Hy Sire Oberon,

the patch is as follows:
error is caused in my case
by the file: /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/grub.mo
(I replaced the file grub.mo (renamed to de.mo) by the file from
the package 2.03.4-1.pkg.tar.xz) ----- :cold_face:
Playing arround with the most hated Proggi, so called "Grub-Customizer"
GC updated some scripts, and suddenly my Grub-menu is in german again.
................................................................................................................................................
Kann das leider nicht genau nachvollziehen; bei laufendem G-C von 2.03.4 auf 2.03.5
gewechselt, "Aktualisieren" gedrückt - und plötzlich war das menu in deutsch und englisch.
G-C beendet, neu gestartet, der aktualisiert irgendwelche scripts, und völlig unerwartet
ist das Grub-menu in deutsch.
Spasshalber grub deinstalliert - und wieder installiert (dabei fliegt der G-C und das manjaro-theme raus) danach den G-C gestartet und das Grubmenu war (immer noch) in deutsch....
Digitalspuk ist natürlich keine Option...:innocent: