I’ve had an issue with this update for a while and tried to fix it before posting here but couldn’t. I’m using manjaro kde.
After this update the time it takes to login has roughly doubled, as the login seems to get stuck for a while (looks like around ~75% on my splashscreen’s loading bar). I have a gnome-keyring prompt when I login and this used to popup after the splash screen, when in the DE, but now it appears on top of the splash screen at around the same point.
The thing that confuses me is that I have another account on this PC, and that account isn’t affected by this issue. It is able to login like normal (very quickly) and the login doesn’t get stuck for a while like what’s happening on my main account.
I’ve tried the following things:
- Disabling all my startup programs, doesn’t make a difference.
systemd-analyze blame (regular and
critical-chain from both accounts, and there isn’t any significant difference.
- Comparing xorg log, which again shows no difference.
- Changing kernels to a lower and a newer version, no difference.
System log doesn’t really show anything significant either (no errors).
Has anyone had any similar problems/have any ideas?
I’m wondering whether it’s just worth creating a new account and moving everything to that.
Also my kde now freezes when I switch inputs with ibus, and when it unfreezes it seems as if the alt key is stuck as clicking on any window starts moving it, and latte-dock is just unresponsive to everything. Keyboard shortcuts don’t work (like alt-tab) so I have to manually switch to another tty to kill all the user processes to logout.
inxi -Fxzc0, if it helps at all:
System: Host: x-pc Kernel: 5.0.5-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 8.2.1 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.15.3
Distro: Manjaro Linux
Machine: Type: Laptop System: Acer product: Swift SF314-51 v: V1.07 serial: <filter>
Mobo: Acer model: M3_SK v: V1.07 serial: <filter> UEFI: Insyde v: 1.07 date: 11/30/2016
Battery: ID-1: BAT0 charge: 39.4 Wh condition: 39.4/48.3 Wh (82%) model: AC14B8K status: Full
Device-1: hidpp_battery_0 model: Logitech M585/M590 Multi-Device Mouse charge: 100% (should be ignored)
CPU: Topology: Dual Core model: Intel Core i5-7200U bits: 64 type: MT MCP arch: Kaby Lake rev: 9 L2 cache: 3072 KiB
flags: lm nx pae sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx bogomips: 21704
Speed: 899 MHz min/max: 400/3100 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 900 2: 900 3: 900 4: 900
Graphics: Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 620 vendor: Acer Incorporated ALI driver: i915 v: kernel bus ID: 00:02.0
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.4 driver: intel unloaded: modesetting resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 620 (Kaby Lake GT2) v: 4.5 Mesa 19.0.1 direct render: Yes
Audio: Device-1: Intel Sunrise Point-LP HD Audio vendor: Acer Incorporated ALI driver: snd_hda_intel v: kernel
bus ID: 00:1f.3
Sound Server: ALSA v: k5.0.5-1-MANJARO
Network: Device-1: Qualcomm Atheros QCA6174 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter vendor: Lite-On driver: ath10k_pci v: kernel
port: 3040 bus ID: 02:00.0
IF: wlp2s0 state: up mac: <filter>
IF-ID-1: tun0 state: unknown speed: 10 Mbps duplex: full mac: N/A
Drives: Local Storage: total: 465.76 GiB used: 103.77 GiB (22.3%)
ID-1: /dev/sda vendor: Western Digital model: WDS500G2B0B-00YS70 size: 465.76 GiB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 448.50 GiB used: 103.77 GiB (23.1%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sda2
ID-2: swap-1 size: 8.80 GiB used: 0 KiB (0.0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda3
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 45.0 C mobo: N/A
Fan Speeds (RPM): N/A
Info: Processes: 201 Uptime: 1h 24m Memory: 7.66 GiB used: 2.24 GiB (29.2%) Init: systemd Compilers: gcc: 8.2.1
clang: 8.0.0 Shell: zsh v: 5.7.1 inxi: 3.0.32