[Stable Update] 2019-02-19 - Kernels, KDE, LibreOffice, Systemd, VirtualBox, Deepin, Qt, Firmwares, Wine

update
stable

Bridge interfaces with the same name on different machines now generate the same MAC address for the bridge. I use a bridge on several manjaro machines on the network so that I can use QEMU+TAP to allow my QEMU/KVM virtual machines to be on the ethernet network as if they are regular machines. I have used this setup for several years.

This changed after this updating to the 2019-02-19 stable update.

My setup is using the Network Manager UI, I edit connection create a bridge network using the wired network interface as slave and I name the bridge interface br0. The adapter comes up and is assigned an address via DHCP like normal. But the other machines on the network configured similarly with a bridge interface named br0 are now using the same MAC address instead of a random (which is how they used to work). ANd therefore step on each other on the network.

Only if I change the name of the bridge interface does it get a different a different MAC. So if i change the name to br1, I get a different MAC, but another machine on the network with a bridge interface named br1 will have the same MAC.

This happens whether I create the bridge network using Network Manager, NetCtl, or create the interface in systemd.

I don’t think editing system files like this for normal operation is good practice. There is a new at package in unstable that fixes this. Please search for my other post above.

@philm stated in a recent youtube video that pamac itself was not the issue. I still think it’s worth investigating systemd’s usage of ostree-system-generator (owned by package ostree) since that seems to be a focal point of x crashes. I looked up bash error code 127 – it appears to be a “command not found,” which is odd because the full path is listed and there doesn’t seem to be any misspelling. Searching around, I found an obscure reference to a project where cron is being used and remembered another issue we’ve been having: @kdemeoz – and usage of pamac upgrade with encrypted home partitions…anyway, the author in the github project implied home wasn’t logged in so the command resulted in a 127 error since it was encrypted. @guinux: is it possible that polkit/dbus is interfering with systemd’s access of an existing encrypted /usr/lib/*?

Question for anyone here: have you used pamac (or pamac cli) on an encrypted system and had no issues?

You need a hug :hugs: Be the less annoying Daniel

Yes, eg:

My point of view is that the trouble doesn’t come from pamac but from systemd itself that can crash the graphical session (and all the running programs like pamac-gui) when it’s updated.

Is it possible to force user upgrade in TTY for specific packages?

Same with Pamac and sudo pacman -Syyu

conflicting files:
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/compiler.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/indenter.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/misc.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/proxy_metaclass.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/qobjectcreator.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/qtproxies.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/__pycache__/exceptions.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/__pycache__/icon_cache.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/__pycache__/objcreator.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/__pycache__/properties.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/__pycache__/uiparser.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/port_v3/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/port_v3/__pycache__/as_string.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/port_v3/__pycache__/ascii_upper.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/port_v3/__pycache__/proxy_base.cpython-37.pyc already exists in filesystem

Manjaro KDE.

Error when updating. Update failed

EDIT:
Solved by renaming UIC folder to uic-bak and removing 1 file from pycache folder.
Thanks for the quick response Manjaro Team :smiley:

Thank you in general for: a) all the work done b) providing changelog details with links c) providing trouble shooting, And thank you for updating texlive, exactly what I was in need. My printed LaTeX resource collection now grew to more than 2500 pages and I’m ready to replace office suites forever.

To come back to topic: texlive usage never worked as good as with this version, everything on first try.
Did a fresh install from XFCE 17.0.5 to XFCE 18.0.3. I’ve experienced the install process as perfect.

Thanks.
I can confirm that this works.

Thanks a lot @torvic! If I good remember, I edited myself this file by copying/pasting from https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ClamAV#OnAccessScan. I have deleted this option (and commented it) but I do not find anywhere in the ClamAV documentation by what this option has been replaced. I do not find neither any clamav-milter.conf.pacnew or similar…
Thanks again (maybe this message should be moved somewhere else, but I do not know how to make it, sorry if it perturbs the thread)

This is covered in the Known Issues post.

Please read it so the solution doesn’t have to be repeated/reposted multiple times.

I tried this but still it shows conflict in file.

(1/1) checking for file conflicts                        [##############################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/compiler.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/indenter.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/misc.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/proxy_metaclass.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/qobjectcreator.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/Compiler/__pycache__/qtproxies.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/__pycache__/exceptions.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/__pycache__/icon_cache.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/__pycache__/objcreator.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/__pycache__/properties.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/__pycache__/uiparser.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/port_v3/__pycache__/__init__.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/port_v3/__pycache__/as_string.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/port_v3/__pycache__/ascii_upper.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
python-pyqt5: /usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/PyQt5/uic/port_v3/__pycache__/proxy_base.cpython-37.pyc exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

Maybe you could use the search function?

I was reading through this post only.

Thanks for the link.

As someone who always reads the whole update thread before updating to get an overview of issues people encounter, I’d like to make a complaint that recent update threads have been increasing in size, with mostly generic discussion, if not complete off-topic.

I know this may come out ironic (I am not posting about a update issue myself) but it has to be said nonetheless.

Did you know that @sueridgepipe really likes puppies?

No, really? Tell me more about it. :wink:

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

More puppies! :smiley::+1:t2::partying_face:

I got a really stupid question, but as it seems upgrading through TTY is materializing as the recommended way of doing updates, how can I enable scrolling on the TTY? I would like to read the messages spits out during update (errors and new additional dependancies).
I remember a long time ago I was able to scroll using some combination of ctrl + shift + page up, but I cant find a working way.

Do u have Fn button?
For me I’m able to scroll but not to the start. For example if I type history inside tty, I’m able to scroll to like 300 line. But not to the start