Welcome to our sixth stable update for 2019, which marks also the release of Manjaro v18.0.3 to all our branches. This is again a major update to Manjaro itself. It took us a while to get this update stable enough. Please keep attention also to our troubleshoot section to avoid caveats during updating your system. Deepin users should pay extra attention, as we expect breakage.
So with no further ado, what do we have with this update?
- we updated systemd to v241 - it has issues with encrypted devices (upstream needs your feedback to solve it properly). However, we added 159 additional patches so far to v241 series. It is critical to accept the replacement of libsystemd with systemd-libs during this update
- most of our kernels got updated
- Plasma5 is now at 5.15.0
- KDE Framework is now at 5.55.0
- KDE Apps got needed fixes in 18.12.2
- with Qt 5.12.1 more than 300 issues got solved. Get more information about it from here
- all the new features you may find in LibreOffice 6.2
- lot of new features got into Calamares 3.2.4 - featured in our Manjaro v18.0.3
- VirtualBox 6.0.4 has some needed fixes
- the development UI Gambas got a new release
- wine is now at 4.2
- wine-staging is now at 4.2
- wine-staging-nine is now at 4.1
- we updated the brave browser to its latest release in standard and beta release series
- Firefox got its sixth beta release of v66 series
- a newer texlive snapshot got added
- we added the latest grub and vulkan packages
- most firmwares got updated
- some deepin packages got renewed. We expect breakage, so update your Deepin version of Manjaro with caution and report issues ASAP in a separat thread in our community support section!
- the usual Python and Haskell updates/rebuilds
We hope with all these changes Manjaro to be more efficient for you all.
Manjaro will take part on the Chemnitz Linux Days in March this year. You may want to visit our booth with the latest Manjaro hardware and Core Developers present to answer your questions. Feel free to bring your devices if you want to have Manjaro installed on them or problems fixed from our experts.
Partnership with FCS Linux Aarhus
We are happy to announce a new partnership with FCS Linux Aarhus owned by @fhdk. This enables us to offer you Laptops with Manjaro pre-installed and Manjaro Stickers you can use on your own hardware or gift them to a friend. For each sale FCS will donate a percentage to the Manjaro project.
Manjaro v18.0.3 released!
We updated our flagship ISOs of Manjaro Illyria with the latest packages. It comes with refreshed packages and updated tools. You may want to download our XFCE Edition with the latest 4.13 packages, aswell as our most recent styling efforts. Our KDE fans may try our KDE Edition with the latest KDE v5.15 instead. And our GNOME fans may try our Gnome Edition with the latest GNOME v3.30.
Current supported Kernels
- linux316 3.16.62
- linux318 3.18.134 [EOL]
- linux44 4.4.167 [FZN]
- linux49 4.9.158
- linux414 4.14.101
- linux419 4.19.22
- linux420 4.20.10
- linux414-rt 4.14.93_rt53
- linux418-rt 4.18.16_rt9
Package Updates (Tue Feb 19 10:20:57 CET 2019)
- stable community x86_64: 1453 new and 1467 removed package(s)
- stable core x86_64: 48 new and 48 removed package(s)
- stable extra x86_64: 1147 new and 1235 removed package(s)
- stable multilib x86_64: 41 new and 46 removed package(s)
A detailed list of all package changes can be found here.
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: