Welcome to our fourth stable update of 2019. With this we added a lot of new packages into the mix. So what do we have with this one?
- most Kernels got updated. Note that linux44 is currently frozen, as some proprietary drivers don’t build with 4.4.168+. We also removed linux417 and linux418. If you still use these series, please move on to linux419 series and uninstall them, as we won’t compile any extramodules for them from now on.
- some updates to Cinnamon and Deepin
- rebuilds against new readline and libidn2, therefore please keep close attention to your upgrade and report any issues on those matters
- KDE Framework is now at 5.54.0
- Mesa is now at 18.3.2
- Palemoon is now at 28.3.1
- Firefox is now at its eleventh beta release of v65 series
- Virtualbox got its first stable point-release of v6.0 series
- Nvidia got updated to 415.27
- the regular python and haskell updates
We hope with all these changes Manjaro to be more efficient for you all.
Some of our core developers will join PINE64 Inc. at FOSDEM19 in Brussels. We will establish an even more closer relationship with this ARM based company. Also we are looking forward to see your reactions on the big announcement PINE64 Inc. will do at FOSDEM19. Stay tuned for any upcoming news.
Partnership with FCS Linux Aarhus
We are happy to announce a new partnership with FCS Linux Aarhus owned by @fhdk. This enables us to offer you Laptops with Manjaro pre-installed and Manjaro Stickers you can use on your own hardware or gift them to a friend. For each sale FCS will donate a percentage to the Manjaro project.
Manjaro v18.0.2 released!
To end the year with a high note we updated our flagship ISOs of Manjaro Illyria with the latest packages. It comes with refreshed packages and updated tools. You may want to download our XFCE Edition with the latest 4.13 packages, aswell as our most recent styling efforts. Our KDE fans may try our KDE Edition with the latest KDE v5.14 instead. And our GNOME fans may try our Gnome Edition with the latest GNOME v3.30.
Current supported Kernels
- linux316 3.16.62
- linux318 3.18.132 [EOL]
- linux44 4.4.167 [FZN]
- linux49 4.9.151
- linux414 4.14.94
- linux419 4.19.16
- linux420 4.20.3
- linux414-rt 4.14.93_rt53
- linux416-rt 4.16.18_rt11
- linux418-rt 4.18.16_rt9
Package Updates (Sat Jan 19 08:24:22 CET 2019)
- stable community x86_64: 823 new and 808 removed package(s)
- stable core x86_64: 51 new and 56 removed package(s)
- stable extra x86_64: 401 new and 429 removed package(s)
- stable multilib x86_64: 19 new and 14 removed package(s)
A detailed list of all package changes can be found here.
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself.(Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: