[Stable Update] 2018-12-31 - Kernels, KDE Apps, KDE Frameworks, VirtualBox, LibreOffice, Deepin, ZFS

update
stable

Those three commands didn’t solve this issue.
I’ll try and download that package manually, but it seems a very slow mirror.

Install and a regular pacman -Syu?

You can always use our service https://repo.manjaro.org/ to see which mirror might be synced and get the package from one nearer to your location.

Okay, finally got it and tried to install, but still not doing what it should do.

$ sudo pacman -U http://repo.manjaro.org.uk/pool/sync/linux-firmware-20181218.0f22c85-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
 linux-firmware-2018...    75,9 MiB  49,8K/s 26:02 [######################] 100%
 linux-firmware-2018...   310,0   B  0,00B/s 00:00 [######################] 100%
pakketten laden...
afhankelijkheden oplossen...
zoeken naar conflicterende pakketten...
fout:kan bestand /var/lib/pacman/local/linux-firmware-20181214.8aa9e3e-1/desc: Bestand of map bestaat niet niet openen
waarschuwing:kan de metadata voor het pakket linux-firmware-20181214.8aa9e3e-1 niet volledig laden
fout:fout bij het voorbereiden van transactie (ongeldig of corrupt pakket)

Does this file even exist on your end? You can try this and then update your system:

sudo pacman -U --dbonly https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarodev/files/users/philm/linux-firmware/linux-firmware-20181214.8aa9e3e-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
sudo pacman -Syyu

[Solved] Still stuck at the Stable Update 2018-12-31 because of files that cannot be removed

File or folder doesn’t exist…hmmm, that is weird.

The folder actually does exist and mtree is inside.

This didn’t work because of a missing PGP signature.

I also had uploaded the signature: https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarodev/files/users/philm/linux-firmware/linux-firmware-20181214.8aa9e3e-1-any.pkg.tar.xz.sig

Try this instead:

wget https://sourceforge.net/projects/manjarodev/files/users/philm/linux-firmware/linux-firmware-20181214.8aa9e3e-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
sudo pacman -U --dbonly linux-firmware-20181214.8aa9e3e-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
sudo pacman -Syyu

I started using DKMS to install the Broadcom driver but when using MSM to install the headers for a new kernel, the driver install fails. I need to reinstall the headers via Octopi for a successful completion.

This sounds like a bug to me, but I haven’t been able to find if it is being discussed elsewhere on the forum.

MSM doesn’t install headers. It uses the compiled extramodules you may have installed. Using dkms doesn’t need MSM at all, as you should know what is needed when using dkms. Also drivers based on dkms mostly fail on newer kernels, as some patches might be needed. This is logical and also true for the current linux421 kernel series in development. See here.

The download went okay, but it still would not install…

$ sudo pacman -U --dbonly linux-firmware-20181214.8aa9e3e-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
pakketten laden...
waarschuwing:linux-firmware-20181214.8aa9e3e-1 is up to date -- opnieuw installeren
afhankelijkheden oplossen...
zoeken naar conflicterende pakketten...
fout:kan bestand /var/lib/pacman/local/linux-firmware-20181214.8aa9e3e-1/desc: Bestand of map bestaat niet niet openen
waarschuwing:kan de metadata voor het pakket linux-firmware-20181214.8aa9e3e-1 niet volledig laden
fout:fout bij het voorbereiden van transactie (ongeldig of corrupt pakket)

@jonathon, it looks like my error is very similar to @silvers’s thread a few days ago. Should I simply run: sudo /usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders --update-cache …since it’s the same hook involved?

xps9550,kde,linux44.
I got
The AppStream system cache was updated, but some errors were detected, which might lead to missing metadata. Refer to the verbose log for more information.
error, but no coredump, seems everything fine.

My own laptop has got 2 more files in the linux-firmware folder.

Since nothing works, is it worthwhile to copy those files to the other laptop?
Or are those folders laptop specific?

Edit: this is what I have done and the update is running.
Let’s see if it will reboot…

Update went fine on a T60.

Just the before mentioned "AppStream system cache " - warning. I am ignoring it.
Reboot after update hung itselft on BIOS boot screen, had to cycle with the power button, then it did boot normal to the login screen.
Otherwise everthing seems to run OK.
HTH

No issues to report on Manjaro Deepin. Thank you very much!

Edit: Got rid of screenshot

Why have you uploaded a 200KB screenshot?

If it serves no purpose, or there is another way of presenting the information, please refrain from uploading photos and screenshots.

Hi guys,

I had a problem updating the VirtualBox Guest Addition file in my guest image (M$ Windows). When I went to the menu Devices -> Insert Guest Additions CD Image ... the whole process of downloading happened without any problem, but after trying to install I received a message saying:

“The network operation failed with the following error:
During network request: Unknown reason.”

To install it I needed to download the Guest Addition ISO file directly from Oracle (http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.0.0/). After that the Guest Addition icon showed that the correct version was installed.

A tip for someone having the same problem.

No worries I edited the post and got rid of the screenshot. I was simply trying to let anyone know my system specs that work with the current update. When people here post about having no issues on whichever edition they are using, should we be including anything like kernel info or just say things are working fine on so and so edition and leave it at that? Honest question as I’m not entirely too sure.

Edit: Click here for my laptop specs

If you want to say what your hardware is the output of inxi is pretty standard.

If you want, you can post here:

then just link to the post whenever you want to refer to it.

@jonathon, hm odd I don’t get notifications for emojis, oh well :smile:
But apparently I still get some strange output on that command:

** (process:5449): CRITICAL **: Failed to get connection to xfconfd: Error spawning command line ?dbus-launch --autolaunch=ee49899ca45543d3b39ef79c2b7c74fd --binary-syntax --close-stderr?: Child process exited with code 1

Looks like @alias logged it…it might be related to the release of v18 xfce. On a side note, I neglected to include the nvidia-settings in ~/.xinitrc (due to some misunderstanding? that items do/don’t load on boot) but after adding the line, rebooting, and running the command again, same error.

edit: seems it is related to v18’s build as I just found @philm’s message about it.