[Stable Update] 2018-12-31 - Kernels, KDE Apps, KDE Frameworks, VirtualBox, LibreOffice, Deepin, ZFS

update
stable

Thanks and all the best for all contributors to manjaro! :slight_smile:
All good here, although i also got the appstream-error. Is there any action to be taken? I can’t see any negative effect on first glance?

Manjaro-KDE. Everything fine but…

The AppStream system cache was updated, but some errors were detected, which might lead to missing metadata. Refer to the verbose log for more information.
error: command failed to execute correctly

Smooth update :slight_smile:

Finally Xfce notification icons are fixed. Thanks.

notification

Butting in, but for convenience it’s After December 31 Update Deepin Dock not showing

Thank you
Can someone tell me how to update everything but archlinux-appstream-data please?
Happy New Year
Thanks

This user recommends downgrading fmt to previous version. The newer version seems to break mkvtoolnix-cli package which also breaks the mkvtoolnix-gui package.

==> Unable to install module digimend-kernel-drivers/8.r37.gea507e2 for kernel 4.14.91-1-MANJARO: Missing kernel headers.
==> Unable to install module digimend-kernel-drivers/8.r37.gea507e2 for kernel 4.19.13-1-MANJARO: Missing kernel headers.

Should I be worried about this? It seems like the digimend-drivers haven’t correctly installed. Is this a problem I’d be able to fix, or this is software-sided, outside my control?

Additionally:

The AppStream system cache was updated, but some errors were detected, which might lead to missing metadata. Refer to the verbose log for more information.
error: command failed to execute correctly

What does this mean? Would this also be a problem?

Updated using Yakuake! No issues.

Everything was updated well.
Great job.
Happy New Year

As far as I know, this is a extra module that isn’t included by default on Manjaro, did you install it by yourself?

The “Missing kernel headers” message speaks for itself: it is most likely that you don’t have kernel headers installed on your system, which are required to compile modules with DKMS. Do you have linuxNNN-headers installed on your system? (NNN stands for your kernel version, for example 419 for Linux 4.19 or 414 for Linux 4.14).

Yes, it’s an extra module, compiled from github actually. It allows for Drawing Tablet compatibility.

I thought I might be missing kernel headers as well, but when I tried to pacman -S them, I got a ‘reinstalling’ notice, which means they are definitely installed. Both linux414 and linux419 had their headers. Perhaps it’s just a bug, im not sure

Hm. that’s strange! I’m investigating - trying to find out what the problem can be there …

No issues noticed. XFCE kernel 4.19 :+1:

Happy New Year!
Manjaro Mate Stable Version User here.
[ha@ha-ha ~]$ inxi -S
System: Host: ha-ha Kernel: 4.19.13-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: MATE 1.20.4 Distro: Manjaro Linux
[ha@ha-ha ~]$
Selecting a file with a .rar extension now tries to open with Atril Document Viewer and gives “Unable to open document, File type RAR archive ( application/vnd.rar ) is not supported.”
The work around is right click RAR Files and open with Engrampa Archive Manager.

Right Click > Properties > File Type Options > Application Preference Order: Move Engrampa Archive Manager to the top.

This is how notification icons look like on Manjaro Budgie after the upgrade -

Screenshot%20-%202019-01-01-11-50

Are you sure it is not your theme? I have updated both my PC and laptop running Budgie and no icon issue here.

Yup. Tried default theme and icons as well as a few themes. Even multiple reboots. This isn’t a temporary glitch.

For consolation

budgie-picon-sgs

Happy New Year :slight_smile:

Sorry, was just on your website.
I am only an amateur :slight_smile: