[Stable Update] 2018-12-31 - Kernels, KDE Apps, KDE Frameworks, VirtualBox, LibreOffice, Deepin, ZFS

update
stable

Update via TTY 18.0.2 xfce Kernel 4.19 all good here.
Thanks for such a smooth distro.

Updated with no issues.
Appstream cache related warnings messages were there…But not sure if there is any relation.

One minor gripe, virtualbox theme looks horrific…Unable to make out the letterings…But hey just a theming issue…nothing kvantum can’t fix…

Great job guys, thank you.

Manjaro KDE user here with Kernel 4.19.13-1 running. Virtualbox is no longer working after the update. The update log says that virtualbox modules have to be manually reloaded, and I tried sudo vboxreload:

Unloading modules: vboxnetadp vboxnetflt vboxpci vboxdrv
Loading modules: modprobe: FATAL: Module vboxnetadp not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.12-2-MANJARO
modprobe: FATAL: Module vboxnetflt not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.12-2-MANJARO
modprobe: FATAL: Module vboxpci not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.12-2-MANJARO
modprobe: FATAL: Module vboxdrv not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.12-2-MANJARO

It looks like virtualbox is expecting the wrong kernel, but I don’t know how to fix this. Thanks in advance for any help!

I am running on the same kernel and have vbox 6…and vbox works with no issues…
Not sure if I can help…but maybe try these as you wait for someone knowledgeable to help…

1. Usually a reboot or log-out-login helps…
  2. Check if the extension packs (if any installed) are the same version as virtualbox…

@philm I told my mother new updates are out. Happy new year!

Thanks you were right… a second reboot fixed the problem. :wink:

I am currently preparing a fresh deepin ISO 18.0.2 The dock issue should normally be fixed with latest stable packages, hm. Could you point me to your other post about the issue please?

everything went smooth until i had my keyboard stop working for about 15-20s. log error said “(process:10751): X11Helper-WARNING **: 23:53:42.890: Failed to grab keyboard after 5001 times. Giving up.” use 4.20 kernel for about 3 days and never had this before.
manjaro i3, kernel 4.20-01.

K 4.19 too resource hungry, CPU close to 100% far too frequently.

Back on 4.14

Other than that - I love Manjaro

Hello,
Update 2 installwhith i3-wm on my macbook air and my macbook pro. Kernel 4.19.
Everything work, fine.
Happy new-year.

Virtualbox Windows 10 guest doesn’t work well with the new VBoxSVGA graphic controller. A workaround is to use the legacy VBoxVGA graphic controller. Already there is task open in Arch Linux bugs tracking system.

Same here, but other than that, everything was smooth on all 3 machines (2 x KDE, 1 x LXDE, all running 4.20 kernel).

All updates are good.

LXQT+ CPU: Intel + GPU: Nvidia nonfree + Kernel 4.20
XFCE + CPU: AMD + GPU: AMD free + Kernel 4.20
Openbox + CPU: Intel + GPU. Intel free + Kernel 4.20

Thanks!

Everithing smooth and perfect.
Thanks on update:)

Everything went smoothly for me too! Thanks very much to all @ Manjaro!

Everything went well on 5 machines + the kids pc.
Happy new year to you all!

A post was split to a new topic: After downloading all keys but it does nothing for a minute then throws up a warning “Failed to Commit Transaction”

Smooth update on Desktop with GNOME DE. Have not done Laptop yet but I don’t foresee any problems as the setup is very similar apart from graphics. Many thanks Manjaro Team, and a Happy New Year to you all, and indeed everyone in our lovely community! :grin:

No big problems updating my plasma install. I got the appstream error, but that is harmless: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/52190

How did you fix the statx dependency with Qt 5.12 and older kernels?