[Stable Update] 2018-11-13 - Kernels, Cinnamon, Deepin, KDE Framework, XFCE

update
stable

My laptop is not usable, because of baloo_file and baloo_file_extractor use 100% CPU and 100% hard disk and let them freeze. Here is the Thread in german
https://www.manjaro-forum.de/index.php/topic,1811.0.html

Turn baloo off then.

System Settings -> Search -> File Search

Baloo file extractor segfaults and core dumps on a loop, renders computer unusably slow, fixed by turning it off

KDE:

baloo_file consumes 100 percent of one core of cpu, and lots of ram.

I believe this will fix it:

Turn off baloo search. Delete the files inside this folder: ~/.local/share/baloo/

Turn search back on without indexing contents for speed, or both and let it rebuild the index.

KDE freezing randomly

thanks, that worked and is a proper fix!

The fix by @westy solved the problem of baloo using CPU. KDE no longer freezes intermittently. Additionally, it helped reduce the static RAM usage!

Previously my baloo_file was using about 7GB (but since I had 32GB of RAM I kind of just ignored it for a long time), with file search being quite slow. But after deleting baloo cache and reindexing it, usage is now at about 100MB with lightning fast search.

hello dear community and manjaro team
the update went fine but i noticed some issues with KDE connect where that my phone in several occasions can’t connect to my laptop until i unpair it and delete the whole app data on my phone, reboot my laptop and re-pair it again
also the resume button don’t work in the media control
KDE 5.14.3/Kernel 4.19.1

Update ok. Thanks for Manjaro!!!

Kernel: 4.19.1-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 
  Desktop: Gnome 3.30.1 Distro: Manjaro Linux 
Machine:
  Type: Desktop Mobo: ASRock model: FM2A78M Pro4+ serial: <root required> 
  BIOS: American Megatrends v: P1.20 date: 12/23/2013 
CPU:
  Topology: Quad Core model: AMD A10-7700K APU with Radeon R7 Graphics 

is this correct?:
edition release 18.0.0?
last deepin release was 15.7
and since today:
2018-11-15: Distribution Release: deepin 15.8

The update went well, but I encountered a kernel regression on 4.19. Suspend would not work properly on 4.19, but was working when I returned to 4.14. Another user reported the same issue with hibernation on 4.19.

Ever since this update, all of my desktop icons are on my primary monitor and cannot be moved to another monitor; they automatically get moved back to primary.

According to the screenshot below, the icons are not being “forced” to my primary monitor.

i can not access the manjaro web, it says database “error establishing a database connection”

I can confirm the issues with suspend on 4.19.

In last few days happens quite frequently when I try to suspend my PC goes into some kind of “not sleeping, not awake” state.
Then I resume it and suspend again, and now it is sleeping as it should.

That’s odd; both my Lappy & even my very-poltergoosie Tower are still Suspending+Resuming ok with 4.19.

Suspend+resume is OK here too.
Kernel 4.19.