[Stable Update] 2018-11-02 - Pamac, ICU, XFCE, Deepin, Gnome

update
stable

Rebooting after the update all went well until I logged in (via LightDM) to awesome - the (twin) screens flicker uncontrollably between the awesome desktop and the picture chosen for the LightDM background - not the LightDM screen itself. The flickering is unpredictable and occasionally settles down to one or the other. Awesome is still responsive, but I of course can’t use it effectively. I dropped out to another tty and installed XFCE to allow me to work for now…
Really not sure how to approach this!

EDIT: Unresolved - have switched to i3.

This is a really trivial thing to point out but noticed the spelling mistake in 419 changelog, first line.
" Linux 4.19 was released on Moneday, 22 October."
Again, sorry for this ! :sweat:

I have just installed 4.19.0-4 after the 4.19.0-3 version didn’t go so well on me. I will report back.

terrible hitching on 4.19 in shroud of the avatar. switching back to bfq fixed it.

Hay spilling counts! Thanks…

All good on old Dells 4.19 kernel’s xfce.

Update went smoothly on tty.
Got grub.pacnew

New version of GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT is very short:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet rd.udev.log-priority=3"

Old version is a novel:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet resume=UUID=33bdd116-d39c-415e-ab28-4c3d067cabea vt.global_cursor_default=0 loglevel=3 vga=current rd.systemd.show_status=auto rd.udev.log-priority=3"

Is that change harmless ? can i take it?

Cinnamon 4.19, everything’s fine. Thanx for another great update!

I learned my lesson and never update from GUI and about 1 years there is no serious update problem :slight_smile:
I wonder that is it possible to install updates like Windows on during bootup or downlad updates and install than from tty screen on reboot :confused:

Don’t its taboo,you won’t even know what’s being updated.if something goes wrong

Maybe second proposal I offered; download updates you want to update then update on reboot on tty screen. Because last couple of years many GTK, kernel, gpu-driver and systemd updates gave more trouble ever.

Pamac downloads updates.
It would be annoyance like windows if its updated at start or at shutdown
You could request an update to pamac for scheduled updates It might be possible if devs of pamac are interested

I would like to know this as well.

After today’s update, firefox-kde-opensuse 63.0-1 no longer runs giving the following error:

$ firefox
XPCOMGlueLoad error for file /usr/lib/firefox/libxul.so:
libicui18n.so.62: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Couldn’t load XPCOM.

Try sudo pacman -Rns Firefox and reinstall it

I don’t want firefox, I want firefox-kde-opensuse.

Its in aur

If this package is being dropped again, a heads up would have been nice.

If it’s in AUR, you may need to rebuild it manually with pamac build firefox-kde-opensuse

We don’t ship pamac with Netrunner Rolling, but thanks anyway.

Did anyone at least notify Clemens (starbuck) since he is the one that requested this package?

I guess I’ll go ahead and add firefox-kde-opensuse 63.0-3 to the netrunner repo for now, at least until thaodan updates his repo to latest version, or I can find the time to maintain this myself.

Pamac doesn’t parse the PKGBUILD directly but the .SRCINFO instead. I will check what’s wrong with wine-stable.

Everything went smoothly! Thanks for the hard work.
LXQT with Kernel 4.19 + NVIDIA GPU
XFCE with Kernel 4.19 + AMD/ATI GPU

no issues with deepin/4.19/nvidia

:+1: