[Stable Update] 2018-10-28 - Systemd, Nvidia, Pamac, Bootsplash, Deepin, Firefox

update
stable

Can’t start manjaro 18 XFCE install under virtual box with error:
/usr/bin/calamares_polkit: line 6: 2539 Segmentation fault

Can’t start xfce4-display-settings from live cd:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

:scream::bug:

It works! Thanks :slight_smile:

Not quite the place to report that. This is more related to updates on stable branch … Maybe create a topic about that? :slight_smile:

@DrMuffin - COOL !!! No problem

I don’t think this issue is a bug with the ISO, as I can’t reproduce this issue. The 18.0 Xfce ISO starts and installs just fine in VirtualBox (as long as “Enable EFI” isn’t checked in the VM System settings).

Make sure the ISO wasn’t corrupted or partially downloaded by comparing the sha256 checksum:
sha256sum "my-iso-file.iso"

Compare the output of that to the contents of the relevant sha256 file on OSDN (same place as where you downloaded the ISO from).
If the hashes are different, try re-downloading the ISO; maybe use a download manager like uGet or JDownloader.

If you still experience this issue, please create a thread under the Technical Issues and Assistance category, so that you can receive help further troubleshooting that issue.

Can’t boot with new 4.19.0 kernel!

Failed to start Load Kernel Modules.
See ‘systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service’ for details.

The ‘systemctl status systemd-modules-load.service’ output after boot to 4.14.78 kernel:

● systemd-modules-load.service - Load Kernel Modules
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/systemd-modules-load.service; static; vendor preset: disabled)
   Active: active (exited) since Tue 2018-10-30 20:22:34 IST; 40min ago
     Docs: man:systemd-modules-load.service(8)
           man:modules-load.d(5)
  Process: 227 ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-modules-load (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 227 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Oct 30 20:22:27 Satellite-L775-15Q systemd-modules-load[227]: Inserted module 'crypto_user'
Oct 30 20:22:34 Satellite-L775-15Q systemd[1]: Started Load Kernel Modules.
Warning: Journal has been rotated since unit was started. Log output is incomplete or unavailable.

I want to reinstall my system so I’ve downloaded v18.0 ISO, and booted to a live session.

There is no wired connection.

$ inxi -n
Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet driver: r8168 
           IF: enp3s0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: 00:1f:d0:db:ba:3d

I’m guessing linux419-r8168 is needed, and it is not present on the ISO. How can I install it (without internet in live boot)?

If that’s not the problem/solution, please advise what else to do.

Try:

modprobe -r r8168

modprobe -r r8169

modprobe r8169

You also need to set your speed to auto-negotiation in NM.

Check this command for the previous boot adding -b -1 to journalctl command flags.

Kernel 4.19 is causing a grafik glitch in gnome desktop, need to put computer in to sleep mode after boot to get any picture on my laptop screen. Works fine with old 4.14 kernel. Using Del XPS 9360 (with kaby lake refresh processor).

I’m starting to like pamac more, the CLI version as well.
The ability to open a PKGBUILD file is a very good idea. Maybe I don’t understand most of the things that are stored there, but at least I started reading them :slight_smile:

Arabic fonts looks weird and switch windows via alt+tab is really slow

i am using xfce

What about minimal iso for the new release?

18 posts were split to a new topic: Deadbeef do not play audio

hi,
when i have already installed the 18rc4 recently, is there any point in reinstalling the system or am i on the “stable” 18 channel automatically now?
Sorry i am fairly new and still dont really get it haha :smiley:

Check your branch with pacman-mirrors

pacman-mirrors -G

If that reads stable (I think RC’s are on stable by default) you need do nothing.

U will always be on latest no matter the iso used manjaro is rolling release its just the configuration and themes differ

yes it is stable, perfect thanks
phew, not reading through all tutorials again :smiley:

a short question regarding hidden GRUB menu:

which flags are (still) necessary in grub_cmdline after update 2018-10-28?

update 2018-10-25:

check that you have quiet loglevel=3 rd.systemd.show_status=auto rd.udev.log-priority=3 in /etc/default/grub under GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT or GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX and remove any background settings configured there.

update 2018-10-28:

check that you have quiet in /etc/default/grub under GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT or GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX and comment out any GRUB_BACKGROUND settings.

Crashed and reinstalled my system for the second time in two updates… due to unrecoverable crashes during updates and way too many files corrupted.

I’ve updated in terminal (as always), although not TTY, which I will now do by default.

First reinstalls in years! Still fairly annoying, especially since I have not been able to identify the problem…